It's literally impossible to find a decent monitor with 29"+, IPS panel...

it's literally impossible to find a decent monitor with 29"+, IPS panel, curved and 1440p resolution which costs not more than $500. prove me fucking wrong Sup Forumsuys.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B01707HMEM
amazon.com/dp/B01BFWROZU
monoprice.com/product?p_id=15525
youtube.com/watch?v=0EVLZg9rgLM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>decent monitor
>curved

Also impossible to find a nice tasting soup that has a turd in it.

curved is clearly better than flat?

Why? You like reflections?

Flat is justice.

$500 isn't that much if you plan to use it for years

What real purpose do monitors have now that 144hz 4k TVs are significantly cheaper? And have bigger screen real estate? Serious question because the cost between the two is astronomical from one costing $300-400 to the other costing $2000

>reflections
>room with no lightning
kek

Last gen VA isn't as bad as it used to be.
I would say it's even better then IPS for basically all uses outside of content creation.

Unfortunatelly they are more prone to issues, because they are still used in the cheaper budget monitors and paired with shitty components - but hey, thats what you deal with, if you are buying 29+ monitor for 500 USD.

Look at;

AOC AG322QCX
Samsung C32H711

You actually get less reflections on curved monitor.

many friends and work mates say that IPS is better than VA. how do i know that monitors have last gen VA?

t. pic

Why not just get two 1440p 25" IPS monitors?

I got two back in 2016 for $260 each. That's $520 total and a lot more resolution than 21:9 1440p

5120x1440 vs 3440x1440

if a monitor has static contrast ratio higher than 1500:1 it's likely a VA panel

Delay

yeah that was my first thought but i want a seamless screen

Dell U2515H and Asus PB258Q

They're ~1.5mm bezel width.

meaning the joint between the two panels is ~3mm.

It's honestly great.

ok that would be something i could deal with. less border on the sides would be better though

VA was developed as a cheaper compromise between TN and IPS

It gives you the best contrast ratio (if you don't count OLED, which is used onlz in TVs now and is ridiculously expensive).

That means that black is actually black, not bluish grey - which is awesome for movies, games, heck, even reading text.

The viewing angles are ok, not as bad as TN, you dont notice anything if you sit directly in front, which is what you do with a PC monitor right?

IPS has basicaly one advantage, color accuracy - the color curves are as accurate as they can get and don't shift in different view angles, which is important, if you do printed media, graphic design, video editing and such.

On the other hand, the contrast on IPS is still pretty shit compared to VA.

>room with no lightning
Not everyone lives in the basement.

Well the new Asus frameless 25" 1440p is out, a bit expensive though

amazon.com/dp/B01707HMEM

Explain.

tl;dr

Curved 29+ IPS starts around 1000 USD anyway. If you don't plan to do any color accuracy dependant work on it, go for VA. Otherwise you have to lower your expectations and go for some 27-inch flat IPS.

i need it mostly for gayming and programming. so i guess VA could be okay for that right? whats the thing with TN?

Two of these + two of these amazon.com/dp/B01BFWROZU

and a dual arm gas-spring VESA mount
monoprice.com/product?p_id=15525

Total cost is ~700-800.

The area reflected in the monitor is actually smaller - lesser chance of some lightsource being inside it.

>pic related

Mine has noticeable ghosting issues so gaming is out of the question, but then again it was a very cheap model. I can't speak of the more pricey ones.

TN
Worst colours
Worst contrast
Worst viewing angles
Actually best response times

My biggest issue with TN is that viewing angles are so bad, they wreck the image even when viewed litteraly straight on.

You get this effect which you are probably familiar with (yep, that's TN on the right).

Model?

Just order one of the monitors recommended here Try them and if they don't suit you, return them back. I don't now where you live, but most retailers accept monitors back happily, because the QA is utter shit these days and it's pretty hard to find a panel without issues.

AOC Q3279VWF

damn TN is crap. is VA the same?

VA is better, similar to IPS.

has anyone a similar pic for comparison like ?

No.

I can't see what justifies it either. I've just gotten a nice curved 55" 4k hdr for my living room that is absolutely amazing. Now I want to get a 1440p 34" ultrawide and they are almost twice the fucking price of the tv.

No real point because they'd look identical in a picture.

In real life there will be more variance in color accuracy with VA, especially at off angles, but still miles better than TN panels.

Viewing angles
youtube.com/watch?v=0EVLZg9rgLM

Contrast
>pic related
VA on left

that's not showing viewing angles, that's showing IPS glow.

Btw;
the first Lagom test might seem bad, but it's a synthetic test created specially to show even the slightest error in gamma curve - not something you work with on daily basis.

see the video

so contrast and color saturation is better on VA?

TN has better contrast, it's not such a big difference and the image is not that much better other than having "more accurate colors", that image is taking it to the utmost extreme

Yep, basically.
Color saturation isn't always a good thing. If you create graphic content, it may appear undersaturated when you view it on sRGB calibrated monitor.

But since VA monitors are marketed on media consumers and gamers, this isn't really an issue (and these monitors with more saturated colours in most cases come with sRGB mode, that limits the color gamut for greater accuracy if you wish to do so.)

That's extremely exaggerated. I recently bought a 4K IPS display and the viewing angles are barely any different from my old 1080p TN panel.
TN on a phone is really bad, though.