Your office environment (for job-havers)

1. Your tech job
2. Do you have your own office, a cubicle or some sort of open office solution?
3. How's that working out for you?

Also general thoughts on the different variants

1. programmer
2. open office
3. kill me now

1. digital cinema projectionist, does it count?
2. one of the projection rooms is technically the office
3. it's OK. Enough space for computers, papers and storage, air conditioned and even has a water tap (no need to go out to wash hands, get some water or wash your cup). I could do without the 60dB constant fan noise thou.

Programmer

Open office with garbage plastic desks that aren't totally flat annoying af

It's not that bad considering we only have 3 devs right now. We work closely together so easy collaboration is nice. In fact, I've never worked in a cubicle. Only ever been in an "open" office with varying degrees

Programmer
Open office, sort of like pic related shelves between sets of 2 desks facing each other. There's no backing on those so it's basically a wood frame you can look through.
Fine for the most part, people are generally cool so there's no big issues because of that. There's some retard with an acoustic guitar though which makes me consider murder every 2 days.

10/10 pic, would post again

1. CAD Designer (mostly sheet metal and other mechanical parts)
2. Own, small office for myself
3. Pretty nice as I was used to be stuffed in a tiny office with three people in

I really enjoy the silence. Back in my old job I couldn't take it when coworkers shouted into the phone to sound impressive and "busy".

The concept of open offices with no fixed seat sounds nice to me but it must be hard to focus with all the shit going on around you.

1. Programmer
2. Home office
3. Nicely. Get to hack on shit all day without anyone bothering me

no job atm but my summer internship was fucking dope

>corner office
>big desk
>big tv
>2 couches
>a sweet view

>project manager intern

1. Programmer
2. Open office, 4 devs each in one corner of the room
3. Need to constantly bug the senior developers, so it works out for me. Generally you just talk out loud and someone will reply

I have a triple monitor setup, one of them is a Commodore 1702. I use a Microsoft Natural keyboard and a Logitech trackball.

1. Semiconductor Engineer
2. Own cube but need to be on the test floor alot
3. When in the office area it's pretty nice. Dual 24 inch monitors plus laptop screen, comfy chair, adjustable standing desk, plenty of space in a quiet area with natural light. But the test floor is cold, loud, cramped with shitty lighting.

I wish I had a laptop refresh. Mine is 3 years old and it's falling apart. Fucking Dell E series.

1. Programmer
2. Cubicle
3. Kill me now

Captcha brightened my day slightly.

Security Analyst
Open Office
My desk is dusty because I usually work from home.

1. Programmer
2. Cubicle
3. Pretty nice desu. Cubicle has high walls, lots of space, etc. If only ~80% of my coworkers weren't pajeets it would be perfect.

Web programmer/General IT
Personal office, small but effective.
Im going to become part time soon, so I wont have this office for much longer. But so far its been nice to have.

Sysadmin
Office w/standing desk
We moved offices last year and I went from a literal public help desk to my own office and different role. The IT dept. is in a clustered office ,so all of us are nearby for collaboration/meetings, but know when to stay out of each others way.

Do you work in a movie theatre user?

1. Sysadmin for a massive corp.
2. Shared double cube
3. Pay is great, the people are terrible.

>backend dev
>office is for accounting drones
>who cares they make shit wages to play with wysiwyg
Office in general is deprecated. We're moving to automate trivial trash work.

>1. Your tech job
ebook production
>2. Do you have your own office, a cubicle or some sort of open office solution?
shared office with three other people plus home office
>3. How's that working out for you?
great!

>1.Your tech job
IT Administrator / IT Security Advisor
>2. Do you have your own office, a cubicle or some sort of open office solution?
It's one huge office room with very few people in it. It's like when I talk on the phone, no one in the office can hear me
I'm good with it

I think an office for my self would be rather boring.

1.Sysamin at uni
2.My own office with a couch in it, i technically share it with one more colleague but I haven't seen him since the day I was hired
3.Bretty good. Little to no work and decent pay. And when nobodies around the couch comes in handy to nap on. Also college age qts everywhere

currently unemployed... but for my previous job

software engineer

open office

noisy but I like that better than silence. I still hate the open office idea, would prefer more privacy and less pajeets

same desu

1. data engineer
2. open office partitioned into "pods" (basically teams) with waist high dividers, it's nice actually
3. works great, everyone is pretty quiet anyway, place is always comfortable, desks are large, plenty of space to roam around, nice all around, the kitchens aren't too far away and if you need it to be quieter there's plenty of lounges that are deadly silent you can go hang out in

>1. Your tech job
Programmer.
Open office, but only 6 guys. Adjustable tables, Thinkpads, it could be worse.
It's OK.

1) Tutor undergrads in algebra
2) A computer lab.
3) It's pretty comfy, the computers are fairly new so I can actually use for them for shit in the downtime. Also I have to check IDs to proctor exams so I know the names of a lot of cute nursing students.

1.) Crypto analyst
2.) Work in my room
3.) Great I can do whatever I want

>developer
>open office
>pretty good actually since it's a small team

>There's some retard with an acoustic guitar though which makes me consider murder every 2 days.
lmao

1. aero engineer
2. Cube-ish, basically desks with one person facing you, one to your back, repeating, with low cube walls in-between the rows
3. brettynice.jpg it's a good compromise between privacy and collaboration

1- multi purpose support bitch that does everything with a plug on it for SMB/non profits etc
2- half my time is in my office which is just me (occasionally the other guy shows up) spent answering the phone and browsing Sup Forums the other half is in the company vehicle listening to eurobeat and practicing my heel-toe techniques.
3- if i don't have another job by March 2018 i am genuinely just going to resign and go do some retard tier job while i look for a replacement i hate it that much.

1. virtualization/ storage/ networking support
2. open
3. About once every couple weeks I find myself yelling "shut the fuck up or walk away, I've got a customer down". The pay makes it worth it though.

>Junior Programmer
> Shared office with senior programmer
> It's good for teamwork we can just ask questions on the fly about whatever.

1. Web Developer
2. I have my own desk but it's not really a cubicle
3. Great, paid well and attitude is easy going

>asking about job environment
>in the unemployment board
i hope you enjoy the 10 replies and the other 100 roleplaying fags