Basic Electronics

Hey Sup Forums I'm trying to make my own power cable out of old cables. The volts and amps match up, but a needed a smaller end piece. I don't have a soldering iron available, but I have some got glue. What did I do wrong?

Using glue instead of solder and combing cables together.

Glue is not conductive. Iron is. Solder. Don't glue.

What a retard.

dont do like the retard in the picture.
The proper way to do that is to twist the wires together, solder them, and cover it in yeat shrink on each wire and then another layer of heat shrink to cover the two wires and make the cable appear as one cord again.

I can tell you without a doubt that the hot glue is going to break free with very little time or effort and will allow the wires to detach.

I use these and then wrap with electrical tape.

just wind the wires together and wrap it up with electrical tape

just fucking tie the metal inside the cables together,. then use the glue gun...

how fucking hard is that.

won't the glue burn after some time?

please tell me this is bait

Extra resistance generates heat. That's the premise on which electric stoves and heater elements work.

The glue could literally catch on fire if there's any improper contacts.

or use solder and electrical tape

use a lever nut you fucking nigger

>he doesn't use cum instead of glue
When we say hotglue we actually mean cumming on it you dumdum

Solder and electric tape

Dont kill yourself pls

Hot glue gun glue needs to get up to around 40 degrees Celsius to melt and much higher than that to burn. Electrical wires shouldn't get more than a few degrees hotter than the surrounding air unless you're doing something stupid like drawing more current than the wire gauge should be used for.

a functional soldering iron can be had for less than $15. no one who shitposts on Sup Forums is that much of a poorfag.

I remember when I was an electricianfag and shorted some circuit board of a high grade washing machine for some client.
fucked up the conductive track in 3 parts
took that shit home fixed it up by soldering some 24 gauge wire between connections
good times
ended up blaming the other installers for leaving some bare wire even though it was my fault lol

Go to the store and buy a power cable for like $10

>>/diy/ may better suit your needs for this question user, look in the /ohm/ threads

Or doing something stupid like trying to conduct electricity with glue

Just sped the $2 on a new male or female plug.

as an electrician, this bothers me.