When even the inside of an MacBook looks better than the outside of a ThinkPad

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-IoZl1Fb0hg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

function > form

kys homo

Nobody cares, faggot

Why does it look like an angry face?

you'd be angry too if you were a soldered piece of shit created with planned obsolescence in mind

The inside of the 2016/2017 MBP looks much better desu, get that pic for me.

Your computer has to be pretty shit for the SSD to die. A more accurate image would be "Oh no, I need more SSD storage space". I suggest you edit your image.

not surprising. they are the only laptops still being made from decent materials. everything else is disposable plastic garbage.

>Your computer has to be pretty shit for the SSD to die.
You are underestimating Apple.

thistbhfam

>disposable garbage
Apple products in a nutshell.

Apart from the pretty shitty thermals the recent MacBooks are the most well built over-engineered laptops I've ever seen the inside of.

This. MacBooks have absolutely terrible ventilation but everything else is planned and designed very well.

Look at that premium ultra strong glue holding all that shit together. How can other brands even compete?

Apple products generally have the feeling that one team did the designing and engineering specifically for that model. Other laptops and such always have the feel of several different components were just jammed into one case to make a working unit.

I will say that having the SSD (a part that will inevitably fail due to its nature) directly on the motherboard was a pretty retarded move.

Nothing ever breaks on a modern laptop that isn't Dell shit. The first thing to go is always the battery and that's after years of heavy use.

>eww haha it uses glue thats icky and cheap xD

If it works well, why change it? What's the alternative? They don't want removable batteries anyway, so, what's your suggestion? Devise a method to hold them in place involving brackets, screws and more complexity, or just fucking glue them in place with zero complexity? Which one appears more logical to you if you're not replacing the batteries anyway? Dumb fuck. Apple still gets hate even when they do logical, straightforward things.

>Other laptops and such always have the feel of several different components were just jammed into one case to make a working unit.
I like it. It reminds me of a computer, which is, ya know, what these things actually are?
They're computers

You're supposed to design computers to outlast their batteries and to make those batteries easily exchangeable. I guess it's different for fashion devices.

ye but you cant replace shit or repair yourself.

Glue looks better than screws? I don't think so

>two fans
>still overheats like a bitch
Amazing.

>You're supposed to design computers to outlast their batteries

Says who? That machine will become frustratingly slow before the batteries shit the bed.

>fashion devices

Fashion? What are you talking about? You must be talking about Lenovo. I don't see what's 'fashionable' about a blank peice of aluminium with no design. Please tell me.

>When even the inside of an MacBook looks better than the outside of a MacBook
fixed

this
the thinkpad might not look "pretty" but its serviceable, i personally prefer function over form

>That machine will become frustratingly slow before the batteries shit the bed.
There's been no meaningful advancement in mobile CPU tech for the past 5 years. There's plenty of people on Sup Forums buying t420s for figurative pennies and slapping a new battery and an SSD in them.

Its because they are 2 thin Aluminium heatsinks for a ULV CPU.
They cant cool anything for shit.

>There's been no meaningful advancement in mobile CPU tech for the past 5 years
I just went from a ThinkPad T400 with Libreboot to an X230 with Coreboot and ME_Cleaner. The only noticeable difference between them is that the X230 chipset supports SATA3 so the boot time and app loading times are a bit faster, and it's a lot less power hungry, so with a chinkshit 9 cell I'm easily getting 20 hours of battery life.

But yes, very little has changed in the last 10 years.

How is the X230 user? Been planning to buy one.

>with a chinkshit 9 cell I'm easily getting 20 hours of battery life.
Bullshit.
I have an x230 with the 9 cell and brand new it would last maybe 12–13 hours with VERY light usage

>Using your tech as a fashion statement

Go back to Instagram fagdad

You forgot
>and to make those batteries easily exchangeable.

Everything is soldered and not easily fixable

please stop shitting up my front page

>Nothing ever breaks on a modern laptop that isn't Dell shit.
I wonder what level of delusion is required to make this statement.

To Apple, tech is people and people are things. Your MacBook is basically your baby, that is how they get you to spend so much money on it.

and thinkpads today aren't? At least Apple is not made of cheap chinese plastic.

Wow, I totally didn't see that face before! Reminds me of the secret face hidden in the AC in a movie I saw. I outlined it for you so that you don't miss it

The inside of a MacBook tells you everything you need to know about the MacBook. Most of the visual appeal comes from the black PCB and the black painted components, but there's no technical reason everything has to be the same colour. Most people will never see inside their MacBooks. The only thing it's good for is a few marketing shots, because one of Apple's strategies is to convince their customers that they have good product engineering, and they do this with pretty interior shots rather than boring their customers with facts.

In reality, they aren't any better than the competition and they still suffer from embarrassing overheating and speed throttling issues. Just remember you're paying for all the pointless design work you'll never see.

Yes please, I'd love to have absolutely no ports, soldered on SSD and RAM and non serviceable battery.

>overheats
>barely does 1080p, and doesnt do it by default, ever
>has a timer running to make sure it doesnt last past a certain date and turns down its own performance as time passes
chinese consumer garbage

>Black PCB, so you can't trace a trace.
>Soldered RAM
>Soldered SSD
>No ports
>non-replaceable keyboard

But from outside, anodized aluminum is not bad, just as good as German-italian (that was inspired by some japs thing... Hm) design of Thinkpad, that is still used in Chinkspad.

But new thinkpads use
>Blue/Green colored PCB, so you can trace a trace without poking things.
>Some models have RAM expansion slots
>SATA and PCI-e expansions for SSD and whatnot. And soldered down as well.
>Ports
>Easy-to-replace keyboard.

oh my sweet summer child

REEEEEEEEEEE, STAFFF DASNT BRIAK, THI BATTERY IS MOST LIKELY TO BOTTLENECK EVERYTHING

> le plastic vs ah-loo-mee-nee-um maymay
One bump and your fagbook looks like pic related.

> dell shit
That's not how you spell HP.

I wonder if they're gonna change this in the future because the iMac Pro has removable SSD.

youtu.be/-IoZl1Fb0hg

The iMac, not the Macbook

>SSD (a part that will inevitably fail due to its nature)

uh what

Hey user, I could barely see it, fixed

You seem to be suffering of a tard stupor.

P50, P51 and P70 are quality thinkpads.
X and T series are Chinkpads.

user that is not an SSD.
That is eMMC which has a fucking huge difference.
Its slow and lasts less than a SSD.

Is that Darth Vader? "Hate leads to suffering!"

>over-engineered

>The only thing it's good for is a few marketing shots, because one of Apple's strategies is to convince their customers that they have good product engineering, and they do this with pretty interior shots rather than boring their customers with facts.

hmm, looks like we have one user pissed that the macbook is over-engineered and another equally mad that the apparent engineering really isn't superior at all, so which is it faggots?

That's not what it says on their site.

Apple is not known for saying the truth about their products.
Anyway its not the cheap MMC you find in chink and $100-150 laptops but still is not perfect.

Because mac users like to wear silk underwear.

I wish I could afford silk underwear so my jimmies don't get rustled. Instead I have underwear that's rotting into nothingness.

I'm not pissed that its over-engineered. The other user is a brainlet who doesn't understand anything about how Apple functions and why it does things, the most basic of their design and product philosophies.

All important Apple employees use Apple-everything. Are they dumb, and deluding themselves?

Imagine being this fucking dumb. What is wrong with you?

Applekino coming through. Up-gradable everything, latest OS updates, excellent keyboard. They didn't make one better than this and you pick it up for under 200.

> The only thing it's good for is a few marketing shot
> Just remember you're paying for all the pointless design work you'll never see.
Steve cared about the things you couldn't see as well as the things you could. It's a continuation of his vision. If only he cared as much about function.

> polycarbonate
No thanks. I'll take dents instead.

> as well
*as much

I can't take the dents, feel like it totally ruins the aesthetic of it. I've been using the unibody since 2009 and it looks nearly as good as when I took it out of the box.

You fucking moron

Silly user... why do you keep posting your silly iCrap over and over again?

I had a lenovo carbon x1 and its been the lightest and fastest ultrabook ive ever had... it was just amazing, really blew my mind how everything was so easy to reach and replace.

Quite frankly i dont think there will ever be an ultrabook better than that carbon x1.

Go choke on your iDicks somewhere else faganon.

When even the inside of the old apple machines looked better than those underpowered overheating oversized tablets with shitty keyboards apple call computers nowadays.

>Renovo
>"'carbon"
>he paid $1,000+ for a laptop with no custom OS

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

Do you move it a lot? I've seen so many of those chip apart in a relatively short amount of time.

F

fixed

That post made my morning.

Its retarded, yes, but also it cant prevent some attacks to remove iCloud from macbooks that requires removing the SSD.