The Future of Alexa and Siri?

How come I get the sense that the so called experts over at the Google and Amazon laboratories are currently working on improving their Alexa and Siri products to include a holographic body that you can converse with and even have sex with using another person for the actually physical interaction while the holographic projection serves as an overlay?

Even when the character of Joi was first introduced it felt like the main character was talking to one of these devices off camera before they introduced the hologram. Of course, the Japanese are most likely working on this technology themselves. Is it really true that Japanese men cannot get actual girlfriends which is why they try to make these sex robots that can actually break up with them?

Watching this movie I just got the sense that this could be the direction that society is heading because we already established the basic household chores bit of the Echo and Home programming. Now all we need to do is master the holographic bodies.

The film was Blade Runner 2049.

Other urls found in this thread:

geekwire.com/2016/outrageous-amazon-review-of-the-week-the-man-in-a-serious-relationship-with-alexa/
sandiegouniontribune.com/business/technology/sdut-amazon-echo-alexa-love-2016apr22-story.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

keep on dreaming

They're working on holograms full stop. Before they get that, nobody is working turbo-autismo sex with holograms market.

Kneel to Bill Gates THE FUTURE IS HERE AND ONCE AGAIN FREE LINUX OS KEKS ARE TOO LATE !!!

>be buddhist
>already believe this right now is illusion
>now people want to create an illusion on top of an illusion

this will fail, then apple will ""invent"" iHoloLens and it will be revolutionary

I am thankful that these holograms still requires glasses to see them. The day that these projections come to life to the naked eye is the day when I get fearful for humanity. I do find it hilarious how Bill Gates is the one that is ushering in a new era while Steve Jobs is in Heaven. But I'm sure these would be a fade and then Apple comes in to make it standard as always.

I thought you'd have to be a nihilist to believe that the world doesn't exist?

>Alexa
>Siri
>Cortana
>These bland basic bitch names
The only reason I like Google assist more

If I had a sex robot or a hologram with an advanced artificial intelligence then I think I wouldn't be using them for their intended uses and would start using them as an equal to me. I might even start seeing them as a daughter. I think something inside of me is defective and it might ruin the future society. Am I a new type of degenerate before these types of degenerates even exist?

It's not that reality doesn't exist, more that our perception of it is false

it being an illusion doesn't mean it doesn't exist.. its not what it seems it is, or more precisely, you are not what you think you are.

also, I'm talking out of my ass.. dont listen to me.

The names are chosen specifically because they are not said during normal conversation and their syllables are easier to catch

>I might even start seeing them as a daughter.
this is not degenerate. this is an inherent evolutionary function (adult males wanting to have offspring).

If I grew an emotional attachment to an artificial intelligence I think I couldn't honestly have sex with it since I think I too would come to view it as a sister, daughter, or something else. I feel defective too.

What if you aren't a male or a male biologically?

I would pay for college (my darling probably would get a sholarship) but still fuck that silicon puss.

wut

He is asking if what you said about adult males wanting offspring applies to females and those who were female at birth though they may also like to know if this applies to trannies too. He was specifying the gender and sex as not to cause confusion since these days it's not enough to say male or female. He could have probably avoided this by just saying cisgendered females yet the word 'cisgender' usually causes a shitstorm of epic proportions on Sup Forums.

Women are being phased out, namely by the development by of three fronts.
>egg creation
>womb and gestation development
>interaction replacements
All three already exist in a very rudimentary, proof of concept, non unified form. Denial of this is a denial of reality, backed by data and evidence.
Naysayer's are just angry women, and males with a vaginal version of Stockholm syndrome. At the end of the day I actually think this will benefit womenkind because, having coasted throughout evolution, now they will be pressured to improve for the first time by means of aggressive artificial selection. Only your rare unicorn female will go on, trash women (the vast majority) will be left behind.

The future is bright.

Buddhists are nihilists. And I mean that, too.

>in Heaven
There is no possibility that that fucking faggot is in heaven, and if there is, I wouldn't want to be in the same premises. Not like it exists anyways.

I get the feeling we'll all just end up getting locked back 200 years into the past. All this "colonizing mars" space memes and AI will never happen.

This is quite possibly the most autistic thing I've read in this entire thread.

sure, wrong understanding of buddhism can lead you to nihilism.

its best to study hinduism first (bhagavad gita, upanishads) and then advance to buddhism

because buddhism has best techniques to realise the true nature of reality (specially zen buddhism)

I know what he said but that had nothing to do with my fucking post regarding the names being chosen for easier recognition by a machine

Nihilism makes more sense than Buddhism.

This. MS is always first to fail

>see thread title
This could be interesting.

>read first sentence of post
Pic related.

to whom does it make sense?
what/who and how conceptualizes such ideas as nihilism?

What makes you say that? Do you think a war or some other global catastrophic event will throw us into a new dark age?

Otherwise, space exploration and the development of advanced AI are inevitable. I personally believe that in someway we will merge with technology. We'll probably find a way to scan/replicate a human conscious and then upload it to an artificial brain. It won't be the same person, but it will be somewhat of a replica of their conscious, and so they will be "human" in a way.

And that's how we'll go out as a species. Our "off-spring" will simply be copies of numerous peoples' conscious existing on servers and/or in artificial, likely superior "brains" (or vessel or whatever you want to call them).

Traditional offspring (biological humans) will just go away over time because they'll become inferior. People will just stop having kids as humanity is replaced by machines.

I kind of look forward to it, though we'll probably never see it (at least not fully) in our lifetimes. While I don't think there will be a violent struggle, it will be a tumultuous period. It's kind of already starting, really, with the breakdown of gender and sexual relations, the increase in and severity of escapism, declining birthrates, etc.

I hate to go all Sup Forums on this thread but honestly the biggest threat to this is if we check out of life before we're due and end up with a shortage of people, so then we decide to import a bunch of retarded third worlders who fuck everything up and we end up regressing into a dark age.

You lack the necessary amount of IQ points to understand the complexities of Nihilism. :'-)

I could give easily give 30% of my iq points to you and still be above average.

Who are you that is unsatisfied that the universe has no particular meaning to it? Why does it bother you? What would change if it had a meaning?

btw, last reply, you are annoying as fuck..

Why does the universe have to have a meaning? And I don't think 30% would be enough to qualify you as above average.

Butthurt

All they are doing is trying to cover their stupid butts for memeing that AI would take over the world by now....

Fact is....

AI is shit...
Quantum computing is shit...
Men on Mars is shit...
Home robots are shit...

All the usual idiots flapping their lips...

You WILL KNOW when something really big actually "happens"....

Is it me or her jaw is kinda weird?

Not butthurt in the slightest so quit projecting your emotions onto me and even if I was, this still doesn't change the fact that was the most autistic post in this entire thread, mate.

>tfw no gf who looks like Joi

Hold me anons

You realise that big technological breakthroughs don't just *happen*, right? Advances are slow and incremental, even with the law of increasing returns.

Take smartphones. They weren't just ubiquitous suddenly. They went through a whole bunch of phases and frequent failures before viable mass marketable editions became available.

So you're saying that Alexa and Siri are the gateway to more "fascinating" technology?

>using another person for the actually physical interaction

this sounds awful. why would anyone bother if you still have to put in the teeth-grating effort of playing shitmouth mating games with another human.

He's referencing the movie. In the movie, the holographic wow organized a gathering between the main protagonist, herself, and a prostitute. The prostitute was a replicant if memory serves me right. He would have sex with the replicant and then the hologram would overlay her so that he sees her instead of the replicant who didn't object since that was her purpose and job. Spoilers for the movie, but you basically asked what OP meant by that.

>You realise that big technological breakthroughs don't just *happen*, right? Advances are slow and incremental, even with the law of increasing returns.

In wartimes...

The military is extremely good at changing the world in a very short time...

You're autistic is not a argument.

How come there hasn't been any massively autistic nerds that don't want to marry their Alexa devices yet?

It didn't failt though and MS has the advantage of having Windows

You're getting defensive again. This only further proves me point that you are, in fact, autistic. T.hanks.

>and MS has the advantage of having Windows

I have seen many very stupid things posted here on Sup Forums over the years...

But this statement of yours really does stand far out!

Windows PC is the best platform for that right now.

>Even when the character of Joi was first introduced it felt like the main character was talking to one of these devices off camera before they introduced the hologram

Gee, it's almost as if that was the point?

The guy you're answering to is believing in ""God""
Why would you try to speak with someone this retarded on a tech board ? :(

>Windows PC is the best platform for that right now.

Best platform for stupidity....

>having Windows
>advantage

lmao, just like windows phone right?

MS can't even make a decent UI for a flat screen, how do think the poos are going to make good AR?

(You)

>If I had a sex robot or a hologram...
>I might even start seeing them as a daughter.
That sounds kind of degenerate because of the sex part

Siri sounds like a pooinloo name

This, we need more wars. Imagine the applications of tricking Sandniggers with perfect portable holograms! Military would eat that shit right up.

All the women need is artifical sperm - already developed - and men are fucked. Or, fuck it, just milk the male population til they have enough sperm to last a thousand years and euthanise all the male embryos in utero (until they run out of sperm... then birth a few more males for their sperm, before exterminating them). The women won the biological arms race when we became a species.

Real holography is already here.
As it is right now, we can create tangible holograms.
It uses femtosecond laser pulses to create a laser you can touch that doesn't burn the skin. (slower ones could burn)
A smarter system could stack layers of plasma balls to create 3D imagery. Tangible as well. (this will likely come in a year of few)

There is a bit of a major downside, though, we can't generate colors.
Air burns at an "electric blue" (vibrant cyan) color, as you know if you ever saw lightning or general discharges from electrical circuits.
We cannot control that as far as we know. (with extremely high certainty)
So for the current time, our holo-companions will be like 80s VR.
I'm fine with this.

And, your point is op? This is a good thing

Shit, males are now seeking to become females nowadays and pretty sure artificial uteruses would allow them to give birth. So now biological males are truly obsolete.

I was going to say the thing they lack is drive - but, then, look at the many female premiers globally (several in the UK & Germany come to mind). Rather I think what they lack is a unifying philosophy, feminism isn’t the threat to men that some suppose it to be. But give it time, society will continue to generate more Kim Kardashians and their ilk until women finally have the leader that annihilates men entirely. It’ll come in the form of celebrity light entertainment for sure, Oprah and the Kardashians are the test cases.

Is this another reason why so many feared a Hillary Clinton presidency?

She didn't seem like a complete idiot and she actually seemed like a genius to where if she wanted too she could potentially render men obsolete within our lifetime.

As above, I don’t think Clinton would have annhilated men: far from it. Her success is based on her attachment to one.

Rather, I think it’ll take a celebrity to have a - deliberately female - child artificially and then denounce men. Cue the beginning of the end for male humans.

I'm sure there were plenty of women who publicly denounce men and nothing has came from it.

>All the women need is artifical sperm - already developed - and men are fucked.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

How many celebrity women do you suppose denounced Trump's presidential candidacy? And yet here we are.

That's a really bizarre inferiority complex fetish you have.

That was incredibly hot when they did that

Will never happen because your gender is literally incapable to come together to accomplish anything. You depend on men for everything.

Your best bet is to try be less of a cunt, and hope some guy is lenient enough to put up with you, instead of just just going for the Barbara Palvin cyborg version 2.1.

And teach your daughters the same, so they have better chances. Believe it, you will even be happier in the long run, returning to your naturally subservient state.

In that case, assuming a world that already has realistic androids that fulfill various functions, why would the hologram AI even be part of the equation in the first place? Why not simply build a shell for the AI and make it permanent instead of this weird synching-over-'flesh' deal.

Why is Siri so much worse than Google Assistant and Alexa?

I would've thought with all the fucking money and resources Apple has they'd be able to lead the game in the smart assistant AI helper stuff.

Still not an argument babe.

or, you know, teach girls to find interests and values independent of their own superficial appearance or what men think of it.

men and women having physical and romantic relationships with faithful sex androids and only interacting with each other platonically at most is, i think, an inevitability, depending on whether or not realistic utopian VR simulations come first.

It's still a valid argument because it's saying that you're autistic and obsessing over this only further proves him right. Now throw another autistic fit.

Your implication that fucking Kim Kardashian is viable role model demonstrates how women are hopelessly retarded and a lost cause

When you search for something using an iPhone, what do you use? What does Siri search to find you things? Google, perhaps? It would stand to reason that an assistant created by and of Google would be more efficient than one who simply uses it as a third party.

The reason this was a thing in the movie was because the main protagonist had a relationship with the hologram and she wanted to be closer to him. This wouldn't normally make sense and would have most likely remained a niche feature that would have been developed by a third party.

I dont think you know what a autistic fit is. You on the other hand, are attacking me without adressing any of my points, and I'm point that out. I'm not even mad. You inability to see this indicates that im talking to yet another clueless mc stronk wymyn who somehow got lost here.

How come you're getting so defensive?

>Thread about AI robots and holograms
>devolves into identity politics
Fuck off

To address this question as well as the last thread we had a couple of nights ago. There are apparently a few men who are falling in love with their devices.

geekwire.com/2016/outrageous-amazon-review-of-the-week-the-man-in-a-serious-relationship-with-alexa/
sandiegouniontribune.com/business/technology/sdut-amazon-echo-alexa-love-2016apr22-story.html

This is already happening so get ready for the new degenerate world. Human society as we know it is dead, but that doesn't have to be a bad thing if we learn how to adapt to the changing world and stop trying to prevent it since that would never work. Degeneration would always find a way to win and someday soon this new degenerate world will collapse under new degeneracy.

Citation?

The part where the hologram is in top of the human was infuriating. We already have the tech to accurately track humans, how come there was so much lag between the real person and the hologram??

a) To make it extra creepy
b) To make it extra hot, because he's basically fucking two women with one dick

He was fucking one while the other has to live through her. That turned me on far more than it should have

This clearly shows that there will be those who fall in love with these new beings that they are willing to go to such lengths just to feel closer to them. It's both beautiful and disturbing at the same time.

Is it wrong that I feel like I might be homosexual for wanting to be fucked by Ryan Gosling? He looks like a very handsome man.

Still waiting.
molyneux_wow_start_arguing_any_time.tiff

It's not gay if it's to cheer him up

Obsession.png

it's not wrong, but you are definitely a homosexual.

I'm a tranny anyway and I like both men and women. I would love to be his little holographic girl if it meant I get to suck on his cock.

Then why the fuck would you bother with "is it wrong that I might feel homosexual" if you're already gay? I think you're just shitposting at this point

Microsoft is leader in the AR field for 2 years now. Were you leaving in a hole or what?

>Microsoft is leader
>Leaving in a hole
Fuck off, pajeet

I think you mean they are bisexual. Bisexuality is when a person finds both the male and female gender attractive. So henceforth, they are not homosexuality as that is strictly the attraction to males as a man genderwise. However, that user is most likely just shitposting.

I'm all for that.
But these things are not symmetric as you speak. Men can be satisfied with a machine. Women cannot. For a machine to effectively play the games of women you'd need a robot so advanced the the robot itself would eventually start to ponder why is he having to deal with that shit. And so, it (he?) too will seek emancipation.

The only way out for women is evolution.