/sqt/ - stupid questions general

Is there a good website I can sell giftcards and shit on? I got a 20 dollar Steam Card I have no use for.

Other urls found in this thread:

packages.debian.org/stretch/firmware-iwlwifi
marginnote.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WBFS
officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/comsol-male-2-pin-ac-to-female-iec-c7-power-cable-2m-copcc702
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Most people use eBay to buy gift cards. Not sure if there's some sort of escrow system or if it's even worth selling $20 cards on.

Got zsh: segmentation fault while using foremost.
I'll try photorec now.

The shipping facility that I work at uses some software that runs in the background & we use Chrome as the interface to ship stuff out.

On two separate computers that have the same hardware, the website uses a very different amount of resources. On computer A it uses 10% of the CPU at most, whereas on computer B it uses up to 30% and uses up to 60% of the "GPU" [the computers just have Intel processors, not sure how that works with the integrated GPU.]

What could be the cause of such a discrepancy? There's no reason for the website to even use the GPU so my first instinct was that there's a crypto miner, but that wouldn't make sense since computer A isn't affected..and I found out with a quick Google search that browser miners don't run off the GPU.

I'm not looking for an answer to my problem since there aren't enough details, just some directions that I could look into.

I can't figure out how to get the debian firmware for iwlwifi devices. I installed it but I can't boot into it. It just tells me that those devices are missing. When i installed I used the non free iso from their site

I'm attempting to install a new gpu and so far I've reinstalled the drivers twice, reset the cmos battery, and uninstalled the drivers for my old card and it's still not working. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

I've been an applefag for life basically, but I'm sick of their shit batteries.

How do I start learning about which Android phones are good? Any suggestions? US.

packages.debian.org/stretch/firmware-iwlwifi
Just download and install the deb package you weirdo

I don't have a VPS or server. I want to set up something a local "Pocket" and "RSS" feed that I can sync to my phone. (So I can store saved articles locally instead of paying feedly or pocket)

Doesn't have to be "cloud" i.e. access it anywhere but I would like sync over wifi.

I want to connect to my neighbors wi-fi but it’s password protected. Is there a way i can bypass it or something?

Giving Firefox another shot now, with the whole "quantum" thing

what are some must have extension for it now?

Ok, I need to do something stupid soon and it may fuck my boot drive and require a reformat.

Anyone know what the best disc imaging software on windows is so I can reinstall windows, get it minimally functional, then restore from the image, preferably inside of windows itself, don't have any real way to boot from disc or thumb drive.

Is there an open source equivalent to this? marginnote.com/
mainly interested on the highlight and note-taking feature

I have this corrupt drive that I'm trying to repair but I haven't had any luck.
I bought it a week ago to use on my Wii for games but apparently the compatibility with flash drives for the loader isn't that great and it corrupted my drive.
I was able to fix it once using partition manager but I mistakenly tried to use it on my Wii again but this time formatted to a different format but it corrupted my card once again.

Now, I can't seem to do anything with it all. My computer reads it but as soon as I right click on it, explorer freezes and the drive disconnects. Ive tried multiple programs too but they too just freeze until the drive disconnects .

I've tried reading it on a different computer with no luck too.

What else can I do or am I out of luck?

honest question: is SICP still relevant today? is it still a must-read it in 2017?

i've picked myself a G403 and my right click is sligthly different than the left . Left is very slightly harder to press and has a sharper sound while right click is slightly easier to press and has a dimmer sound to it .

I don't think i could get it replaced for such a minor difference but i'd just like to know if anyone else has the similar unit .

Also , i can lift the right click for about half a milimeter while i can't lift the left click .

tldr is my mouse fucked ?

I just saw that borgbackup now supports blake2 hashing. Is there any reason to use that instead of sha256 on a Ryzen CPU?

You can give me that giftcard user. Otherwise sell it on g2a

Could anyone post their youtube umatrix settings?
They've changed alot of shit and i cant get it working properly

What's a good app for adding missing covers to music albums on android phones?

>wanted to clear my laptop of dust
>disassembled it
>blew into the fan
>blew harder
>all blades broke off
>it still somehow moves enough air to not overheat during CPU benchmark
Should I even bother replacing it?

I'll try my luck here maybe someone will have some wild idea to speed this up
me and my buddy had a game written in js that uses matter.js and pixi.js. we had a simple demo that worked, its a 2d plaforming game
we converted it to typescript, separated it into several files and then attemted webpack.
and now it renders one frame of the demo, and that's it, no errors, just a frozen first frame

All of a sudden I need to do audio recording professionally and I don't have the equipment to do it. What kind of microphone and equipment do I want?

just opened new phone, xz1, how many times should i fully charge it and then fully drain it so it uses the batteries full ptential?

Charge at 20%
Charge to 80%

You don't need to do that for lithium batteries.

It's turning on now, but it doesn't seem to want to show video past the first 2 startup screens. I'm really at a loss now

But you do.

Sup Forums pls help. I am trying to setup a web server my old spare computer but I have no clue what I am doing. How do I link my domain name to my ip and do I have to make it static first. If there is a book or website with this information that would really help.

Im gonna be downloading a game overnight on origin, however I've had internet issues the last few days

If my net cuts out (it usually reconnects after a short while) will my download just automatically resume?

I know steam does but not sure about origin

How do I into VPNs? Should I pay for a service or set up my own server?

>inb4 if you have to ask etc.

Yes.

I would think so, unless it goes into a paused state when disconnected. Why don't you test it and see what happens?

Yes.
I fix shit like that often.
That your PC can run without it doesnt mean you have to leave it like that.

Your CPU will just bottleneck in order to cool itself down, but its bad as fuck for performance, reliability and durability.
You probably have an ULV atom.

Also its not moving any air, its just that the Aluminium is enough to not overheat and cause a thermal shutdown.

Is there some way to share mouse/keyboard between two computers on the same LAN that isn't as bad as synergy and most of the other software KVMs seem to be?

Synergy constantly drops the mouse's ability to click, and it's annoying as hell.

not sure if this is where you're going, but maybe a VNC session?

where do you keep getting these images from?

IF you have a local network you need to setup bind, if you want it to be external you need a dns host provider(namecheap.com) who will link your ip to your dns name

>Your CPU will just bottleneck in order to cool itself down
I just said it doesn't throttle during benchmarks.
Then why does my hand feels the airflow?

Why do my headphones always require me to max volume in order to hear anything? My computer speakers sound fine but the headphones are always quiet when I plug them in

I was doing that yesterday, not that exactly but was dicking with raspberry pi and file hosting service..

1. set up server dozens of guides
2. forward ports on your router, 80/443 test your ports are open
3. use dynamic DNS service, for example duckdns.org, what it can do is create subdomain, for example - hugefaggot.duckdns.org and it points to your current ip, and you have tiny program run on your pc that tells them when your IP changes so its up to date
4. if you already own domain you can link it to that domain, or use your providers ddns service or something

Have you tried the same headphones in a different device? Have you tried different headphones that work fine in a different device, to see if they work with this computer? Troubleshoot your problem until you know what the source is.

Have you tried using GParted? One time I couldn't use Windows Explorer or Disk Management to create a partition and had to use GParted.

Need to set up grandmas Windows 10 laptop this weekend, I've stuck with Win 7 and MSE for the past decade so I'm not up to date with shit.

Does W10 need seperate A/V software or does it have something built in that's good enough?

Also, what's the current state of MS Office software for casual users? Is there something for free that can be used (actual Office, not LibreOffice)?

I want to change the drive letter paths on two of my drives, but don't want to fuck any programs or files up. Is there a way of doing this, or should I just back everything up and hope for the best? On windows 7 if that matters.

Microsoft Defender still sucks, more useful now but still just stick with Malwarebytes and uBlock Origin.
Just Pirate MSOffice 2013.

Thanks really appreciate. Is there a way to host multiple servers from the same machine or do I need to have some complicated setup?

Do you mean domains?
You can use virtual hosts with your server program(apache?) Allowing you to run multiple domains from the same server

I mean like hosting both a site and my own private file server from the same domain.

Where do I even start learning C++?

Also unless there is something broken dont upgrade to Windows 10.
And if you do use Windows 10 LTSB.

They are difference daemons/processes so you can run them simultaneously

Is there a book or something on this?

any writers here? is scrivener worth the money? is there something better?

There are but googling your issue at hand in the moment would be more beneficial then overloading your brain with shit you probably wont even fucking touch

>>Sup Forums
they have often threads about screenwriting

thanks

thanks

how do you add more pages to your website...

do you have to host a new website every time if you want your website to have more than one page
like if I wanted to link mywebsite.com to a page that was like mywebsite.com/ask, where would I put the html for the mywebsite.com/ask for it to work

I've used trelby in the past, but that was for screen writing.

I misread, I did not even know that scrivener is a program and not screenwriting...

I've got a shit ton of poetry on paper that I want to transcribe and put into book format

I think you just put a file path link to it in the html of the first page, that is what I did in my intro to cs class I took a few years ago.

Why Microshaft still didn't uploaded their Windows 10 iso as torrent?

Is pale moon still good

Guess what the Microsoft download tool is.

It doesn't have a speed limit (with my shitty internet connection it is super-mega important). And I can't run it under Linux normally.

i have an lcd screen with 16 pins how the fuck do i connect it to my rpi

is sha-1 enough verification for windows 7 ultimate? I can't find for sha-256.

>website
You mean domain
>like if I wanted to link mywebsite.com to a page that was like mywebsite.com/ask, where would I put the html for the mywebsite.com/ask for it to work
First you need an "index.html" the main page that is loaded when you go to mywebsite.com
You would have a file called "ask.html" or "ask.php"(or some other extension) that the server would interrupt as mywebsite.com/ask

Yes.

it looks just like pic related
do I need a breadboard or some shit because I don't have one

How do you update ffmpeg on windows? Do you just replace everything on the current folder, or what?

Yes

Thanks, user.

My laptop has both onboard graphics and dedicated nvidia graphics for games, but Morrowind keeps using my shintel onboard graphics instead of the GPU. How do I force it to use the GPU? Nvidia control panel doesn't exist on my PC for some reason.

fine then

right click the executable (NOT SHORTCUT), and there should be an option to run with graphics processor -> nvidia

Should the gold part of the RAM be completely hidden when fully inserted? Using G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series and ASRock 350 Pro 4 for reference? Probably the typical case of "just force it" but I feel like I'm going to break it.

if the ram clamps close then it's in all the way, if not then apply more pressure

This is expected behavior, the Wii will partition it into some strange proprietary filesystem.

Your ONLY option is to use:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WBFS

Look up any good wii backups/homebrew guide, this is common stuff

Not usually, some RAM sticks are longer than others so it varies.

Anything you've heard about batteries so far is a myth when applied to todays batteries.

Do NOT let it drain fully and recharge it, this is a battery "cycle". The more cycles, the more the battery's total charge is depleted. A battery's degradation of life and reliability is almost perfectly correlated to its number of cycles.

Keep the phone plugged in as much as possible, simple as that. Keeping the phone plugged in when the battery is in is NOT bad for it, instead current bypasses the battery entirely and you run your phone off of the power from the cable directly.

>Parents have Google Fiber.
>Set them up with GS108t v2 + RT-AC68U.
>Much more reliable and faster than botnetbox.
>Worked flawlessly for 2+ years.
>Then connection started failing randomly, yet router said WAN was still connected, and Fiber Jack was still solid blue (connected no issues)
>Replace router and GS108t v2
>Still losing internet connection every few minutes to every few hours.

Is my Fiber Jack bad, or is something else fucked? Google is going to replace the Fiber Jack soon, but wtf m8

This is a situation where you contact your isp and have them diagnose it from their end, as they have more internal metrics then we have access too.

I did, they said Fiber Jack looked fine, and they can't further assist because I don't use the botnetbox (Network Box)

so hook the botnetbox back up and have them test everything to see if the problem is their setup or yours

>botnetbox
You do realize everything you do on your line is readable by google right,even if you use https you still are sending data to a location they can see. This is the nature of being an ISP and something you cannot avert. Its not a botnet, its how the internet works

That's the plan, I just figure shit won't fucking crash when they're here.

Yes.

Mainly I'm just saying that their router sucks. It crashes constantly and has poor WiFi. I prefer a much more powerful router running Tomato.

are tinder bots good enough to answer math questions, i sent a fishy match "whats 2+3" and she answered 5 but im curious if bots can already beat that

What difference does it make if I install a gtk3, qt, or regular version of pcmanfm in xfce?

It's winter and it's really dry.

I went to sit down at my computer and touched the metal frame of my keyboard. It caused a small but noticeable static discharge.

Then my mouse stopped working. Completely turned off. I clicked it and it turned back and everything's working fine since.

What happened? Did that static send a signal all the way to the USB hub and flip some sort of safety thing or something?

Also, I feel like this sort of thing is sorta unavoidable. Am I going to kill my computer just by sitting down?

One uses gtk2,one uses gtk3 one uses qt

gtk2 or gtk3 is mostly config options and fancy effects. pulling in qt will bring in alot of deps and basically an entire toolkit, which you may not want to do if you dont use qt programs

>All my RAM problems were instantly solved by checking the A-XMP box
Give it to me straight, boys: Am I retarded?

Newer to PC. Seen that Firefox is a decent browser and that I should be using uMatrix, uBlock Origin, Greasemonkey, and Ghostery with it. Don't know a good way to set all of this up or if there's better extensions but you all seem knowledgeable to know this.

You dont need ghostery with umatrix, also it reports all urls and anything you type in the address bar back to his home servers, you should really uninstall it

Would this be alright to use as a replacement power cord for my ps4?

officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/comsol-male-2-pin-ac-to-female-iec-c7-power-cable-2m-copcc702