/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Brainwavz-Sheepskin-Leather-Memory-Earpad/dp/B01J53KM32
youtu.be/tNJcemn3am4?t=813
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what is the second best headphone behind the ma900?

learn what a bump limit is newfag

HD 579 for $99 or
HD 598 SR for $129?

YOU SUCK! KILL YOURSELF! YOU SUCK! KILL YOURSELF! YOU SUCK! KILL YOURSELF! YOU SUCK! KILL YOURSELF! YOU SUCK! KILL YOURSELF! YOU SUCK! KILL YOURSELF! YOU SUCK! KILL YOURSELF! YOU SUCK! KILL YOURSELF! YOU SUCK! KILL YOURSELF! YOU SUCK! KILL YOURSELF! YOU SUCK! KILL YOURSELF! YOU SUCK! KILL YOURSELF! YOU SUCK! KILL YOURSELF! YOU SUCK! KILL YOURSELF! YOU SUCK! KILL YOURSELF! YOU SUCK! KILL YOURSELF! YOU SUCK! KILL YOURSELF! YOU SUCK! KILL YOURSELF! YOU SUCK! KILL YOURSELF!

daily reminder HD600s owners will never fuck the girl in the OP cuz they're cucks

gee after the 20th time of saying this you'd think people would listen right?? oh wait, no one gives a shit about your autistic triggers

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?

hd579 and hd599 are improvements over the hd598. The hd579 is actually the better of the two.

i actually fucked the girl in the OP and I have HD600

pic+timestamp

she doesn't exist

What are the second best headphones behind the HD600?

HD600s, since their brother the HD650s actually are the best

get a trip so everyone can filter your shitposting

see

see

oh, I guess since you told me to get a trip then I'll get a trip

:^)

There, I got one.

>namefag
almost there but not quite, i know you're new to the site so it may take some time for you to read up on how to do this but you'll get it eventually.

I'm considering using randomly generated passwords for my trip so I'll be a tripfag that you can't filter

Wrong.

Can I get more bass out of shp9500s with an amp or is buying different headphones my only option?

chad emphasized bass, virgin neutral bass

you can try some EQ, but they're fairly bass deficient headphones as it is.

If you need something bassy in the same budget, ath-m40x or status audio cb-1 work.

yada yada, HD600s have unmatched drivers, higher distortion and are only bought by cucks who listen to high-pitched chink music

Is there a way to increase the clamp of your headphones? They fall off my head too easily when moving around.

What's the difference between the sennheiser momentum and the HD1? Just saw a deal on amazon.

I've got a pair of these that work fine (had them for 6 or something years), but since the cable got destroyed I had to ghetto rig a jack onto them, and the pads have also gotten old and are falling off
I'd like to buy another pair, but there are some other options that have removable cables
Any reccomendations? I'd like to keep it under $50, but I can go as high as $100 if there's nothing decent at $50

Ath-m40x
Status audio cb-1

alright my dudes I jumped in on the LSR 305 sale on BH, only issue I'm having is that fucking buzz.
Chain: PC -> DAC -> Magni -> headphone/lsr305
The only way it stops is if I turn the knob on the magni pre-amp all the way down. Also, the hiss is present in my headphones if I use the amp with the pre-amp out connected, but if I disconnect the pre-amp out the hiss is gone. Also if I just connect it straight to the dac or pc its still there.
What do I buy to fix this lads, some USB isolator crap or some hum destroyer or am I doomed to here the REEEs of electricity?

Ground loop, try either using SPDIF into your DAC or moving outlets around.

how good are lsr 305 compared to headphones?

They have a quite high and dry bass cutoff point, so you won't hear below that at all, unless you get a subwoofer.
Most headphones recommended here do not have that issue.
Other than that, pretty damn good.

so like every bookshelf speaker ever

guy that gonna get akg k712 pro here. so I thought about the e10k which is like 80 euros.
now that I think about it more I could save like 40-50 more for amp+dac but only if its really really worth it.
Would a cheap dac like fiio d3 + a decent recommended amp like O2 be worth it? or should I just got for the e10k?
you could also suggest me other amps if o2 is not good enough.

They just came in today so this is after about an hour or so of listening and I have 650s.

They sound like if 650s were speakers to me. The vocals sound the same and that's what I mostly pay attention to.
There's not really a glaring difference to my untrained ear, keep in mind I've only had my 650s for ~1 month.

Definitely go Magni 3 or O2. It will ensure you won't need to buy another amp in the future, as that'll handle pretty much anything.

O2 + UAE23 is the way to go

M1060 Rev.2's?

Not as a "it's JUST AS GOOD/BETTER than LCDs!!!!" but as an entry in the $300 price range.

they're on rev 2 already? that's some chifiman tier shit right there

Anything past the initial shipment is Revision 2.

i dont have enough for uae23
its 30 euros more for a dac
is fiio d3 bad or what? would d3 + o2 be a good combo or would it not work and I should just get e10k

Overhyped to shit when they first came out, but they're good for the price.

My Dad wants some new headphones. I have a pair of hd280 that I hate the sound of.
Would I be a bad son to just give him those? Am I an outlier for not liking them?
I have 600's so I'm not against the Sennheiser sound per se.

For me its the HD600, the best high quality headphone.

highest quality veil on the market

>Budget
100, give or take but preferably less

>Location
Burgerland

>Source
My desktop

>Type of headphone
full size

>Open or closed
closed

>Comfort level
meh

>past headphones
Koss Portapro

So I got some Sony wireless headphones for Christmas, and I just had a gut feeling that they wouldn't be what I was looking for, so I asked the person who gave me them if I could substitute them for another pair and they said yes. I've had a pair of Koss Portapro before, until my doggo ate them, so I've been considering the Koss Pro4aa because it's the same company so I figure the sound quality will be pretty good, and I really like the aesthetics.They're going for around 60 dollars on amazon right now, which leaves 40 dollars left over from what the gift giver paid for the Sony headphones.

Am I being stupid? Should I just get over it and use the Sony headphones, go for the Pro4aa, or get some other headphones that are better than them?

>pls respond

Takstar Pro 82

Pro4AA are really bad. Seriously, don't do it.

Get him HD800. He's older than you, so he'll probable appreciate the brightness.

Shouldn't you recommend Grados then?

If I had that kind of money I would. Thinking more around $100.

just get him the philips or if closed m40x

What are the best panasonic headphones price-wise speaking

That's for old geezers.
HD579 perhaps. These are slightly vshaped.

>panasonic
why?

Seconding -- Only get the Pro4AA if you feel like wearing a vice grip on your head with sandpaper on your ears.

I think he'd prefer closed, never used anything else. Are the m40 much of an improvement over the hd280?

>are the m40
idk.
>I think he'd prefer closed
FFS, let him try your hd600.

What other affordable brand would you recommend?

Sennheiser are well known for excellent value/cost, which is why they often get recommended here.
Why not fill the form?

DT880 perhaps

Status audio cb-1
Ath-m40x

Reminder that schiit products are just as bad as chink shit if not worse when it comes to measurements

No they're both uncomfortable. M40X will be more clear though. Could always stretch the 280 to help with the comfort before giving it to your dad though.

Get him a Takstar Pro82 or Somic MM185/Status Audio CB-1

reminder that your DAC X6 is complete shit

I have the m40x, they are good but the pads suck on them, I recommend these pads for them but make sure you put the foam inserts from the stock pads behind them
amazon.com/Brainwavz-Sheepskin-Leather-Memory-Earpad/dp/B01J53KM32

Good thing I don't have the Dac x6, dumb schiit shill

fug that's sad, I thought they looked really lovely

that sounds terrible, is the takstar any better? Are there any headphones that have a similar aesthetic to the Pro4aa? I swear I'm not shallow or anything, I just really liked how they look and the takstar is just sooo boring looking

Sauce?

The Pro4AA is only good for looks, it was good in the 70's

youtu.be/tNJcemn3am4?t=813
This.

Not realy similar aesthetic but pretty unique for the price point.

Bosshifi B7 for open headphone
Bosshifi B8 for closed headphone.

Another unique design is the Freeboss HF-2010 (open headphone) (rebrand of the Takstar 2050)

would the ad700x be good? It'a kind of cute and it has good reviews, though the pro4aa had great reviews too so idk

ooh or what about if I got those memory foam earpads for them? The vice grip isn't that bad, I don't have a fat head so it's not a concern for me

Do all headphones that feature "sound vents" on the back actually leak sound to the outside, even if they're monitor/over ear headphones? What if one covers said vent up?

If by vent you mean bass port, then no they don't necessarily leak. If it's fully open back, as in the back of the driver is mostly exposed to open air, then yes it will leak.

For bass ports, if you cover them up you reduce the bass. If you try to make a fully open headphone closed you will ruin the sound.

I see... So these here are bass vents then right

Looks like there are too many of them to be just for bass. I might be very wrong though.

What's the best ear pad replacement material? Nylon?

AD700x is great, but they're a bit bass-light. If that's a deal breaker for you, keep looking.

It's past it's prime, cheaper headphones sound better

>Budget
~$200
>Location
Burgerland
>Source
Desktop, using a Creative Labs external soundcard, thinking about a nicer DAC + Amp
>Type of headphone
Full Sized
>Open or closed
That's the question. Preferably closed.
>Comfort level
I wear them for longer periods of time, currently using HD280s and I'm used to them

>Past headphones
I've used HD280s for almost 10 years

I'm eyeing up the DT-880s, my question is how open they are. I play with my microphone (Blue Yeti ~15 inches from my face, so I'm concerned with how much noise is gonna bleed from the headphones, "Semi-Open" is a nebulous term...

Besides the Beyer DT880, look at Sennheiser HD579 and possibly stretching budget to HD600, and also at AKG k612 and k702 (not k712, that's beats by akg).

>thinking about a nicer DAC + Amp
Instead I suggest putting more money towards headphones, and just getting the HD600 so that you're set for life.

It really depends on how loud you're going to have them; unless you're going to be listening at quiet levels or sitting far away from your mic (like 3-4 ft), I would look for something else. If you wanted to go Beyer, you may be better served going with the DT 770 or Custom One Pro, assuming that you don't need a specific sound signature.

see

What should I engrave on my JDS Labs Objective2, an opensource headphone amplifier designed by brilliant engineer NwAvGuy, with emphasis on benchmark performance and low cost designed and assembled in the USA, hand tested and ready to enjoy?

I know it's not a great barometer, but no one can hear any bleeding from my HD280s, I don't think I listen to stuff too loud, but I have no actual numbers to give you sadly.

A picture of Jason with a chat bubble that reads "what's a muting relay?"

something used in a magni and not an o2?

>lsr305s
>hd600s
>schiit stack
give it to me straight lads how much of meme am i?

Any Poputepipikku panel

Just be aware that with an open-back leaks a lot more than a closed back like your HD 280. If you're not sure, you can always just get them and if they end up picking up your audio, just turn them down or sit further from the mic.

I don't listen to like rap or anything, so I should be good on that front. Is the 500x good too? Cause that's like half the price

then suggest one instead of telling me I'm stupid and don't know anything that's why I'm here asking questions

speaking of, I remember way back when I was looking around for headphones and settled on the portapros a few years back, I saw in this thread a grid of headphone-tans and I just can't seem to find it anywhere. Do any of you spergs have it?

Higher impedance is generally better, right?

Pretty meme, but that's still a solid setup, so why worry?