Thinking of getting 4x 240hz monitors to replace my 4x 144hz

Thinking of getting 4x 240hz monitors to replace my 4x 144hz.

Convince me not to do this tomorrow, they are $550 each

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/gsync-ulmb-at-the-same-time-dell-s2716dg-confirmed.18751194/
youtube.com/watch?v=e52T8d8mhfk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Are any of them broken? Just save your money, stop being a retard.

save some of your parents money

If you have the money and want it go for it but can your gpu even drive 4 240hz monitors?
You play to do some gayman right?

>4x 144hz
Just buy an ultrawide dude

I'm not doing weird ultrawide surround gaming, idiot.

>120hz max
pathetic

>120hz
>probably VA or IPS

How's that blur going? I bet you get last place in every FPS

Why aren't you more concerned about image quality over refresh rate?

what good is image quality if you can literally see the chops?

reminder

120hz ULMB > 240hz > 144hz

until 1440p 240hz ULMB is a thing, i'd go with 120hz ULMB any time of the day. it doesn't only look better/smoother, it also requires less hardware resources than 240hz.

No amount of mummy's money you throw at this crap will make you not shit at your gaymes. And it will definitely will not make you less of a failure in life.

no. 120hz is 120hz.

240 is king - once you go 240 you can't go back.

t. someone who hasn't seen motion blur reduction in action.

pic related is the cold hard fact, go to testufo.com and check for yourself.

I have seen it on my old (in trash now, r.i.p) 3x vg248qe setup.

zowie DyAc murders this and works up to 240hz

Then why do you need 4x 144hz monitors. If you're not using them for gaming, then they don't need to be 144hz. If you are using them for gaming in surround for some reason then you're just dumb.

Just wait until there's 40"+ 144hz+ IPS monitors.

Idiot

>zowie DyAc
>hurr durr
i hope you realize that dyac is basically the same as ulmb. my original statement is still true, 120hz ulmb > 240hz (without strobing backlights).

op didn't say anything about blur reduction, which is why i let him know that 240hz looks worse than 120hz ulmb.

i didn't know there was a 240hz display with strobing backlights. obviously 240hz strobed will look better than 120hz strobed, which is why i said, i would wait until 240hz ulmb is a thing.

this leaves us with this:
240hz strobed > 120hz strobed > 240hz > 144hz > 120hz

anyway, enjoy your tiny 1080p, i'll be over here enjoying my 1440p with identical motion blur reduction (ulmb 10%).

>i hope you realize that dyac is basically the same as ulmb.

240hz dyac >>> 120hz ulmb

no reason not to get dyac, unless you're a poorfag

>(ulmb 10%).
lmao at your brightness going to shit

>no reason not to get dyac
sure there is. 1440p trumps 1080p and your display doesn't even have gsync (in case you ever need it)

>unless you're a poorfag
the price is the same (if you go for 1440p 120+hz ips with g-sync, it's even more expensive. who's the poorfag now?), so why not go for the display with the higher resolution, same amount of blur, g-sync and lower hardware requirements? you got memed and i hope OP doesn't fall for it.

>240 [with motion blur reduction] is king
ftfy

i sit in a dark room all day long, i don't even notice it anymore.

[with motion blur reduction] is king
so you admit not even having the best. You just proved my point.

no, i don't. enjoy your resolution for ants, my man. and no adaptive sync. you got memed hard and you are missing out.
you will realize this by the time you upgrade your monitor to a 1440p display with adaptive sync.

Not op but why not get them except like hurt durr you don't need them. High hz monitors are an enjoyment in any daily application.

who needs adaptive sync when you always get 240+ frames with a 8700k OC to 5ghz and two 1080 ti's in SLI? Lmao, you're joking, right?

>240hzx4

why?

I can't even imagine getting a game to even have 240fps unless it's some old shitty game from 2 decades ago.

enjoy your screen tearing (yes, it still happens at 240hz. no, you can't fix it without adaptive sync)). and tiny ass res.
btw, my monitor does adaptive sync AND strobed backlights at the same time, at a resolution that's not shit. literally the best money can buy.
nice try, though.

>inb4 b-but i don't notice the screen tearing at 240hz
get your eyes checked my dude

>mfw resolutionlets post near me

once you game at 240, you can't go back to the choppiness. Its like you think graphically you would be advancing to photorealism, but the choppiness is just too overwhelming once you start hitting 240

>btw, my monitor does adaptive sync AND strobed backlights at the same time,
proof?

forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/gsync-ulmb-at-the-same-time-dell-s2716dg-confirmed.18751194/
youtube.com/watch?v=e52T8d8mhfk

>inb4 TN
better for gaming, which is what i bought this display for.

you can't even tell the difference between 120hz and 144hz, let alone 144hz and 240hz

I think you're missing my point here friend. Hitting 240 fps isn't something I do everyday and I'm not shelling out $500 for overkill gpus just so I can twitch shoot someone in CS a few milliseconds before they see me.

Are you one of those people that cant tell the difference between 60fps and 120fps in recorded video?

too bad ULMB and lightboost is basically dead

That image is a lie. CRT is blurry at white decay. The white pixels on the UFO would blur like the 2ms example.

Okay you've completely missed my point twice now , I give up with you.

Yup. Only going up to 120hz is the nail in ULMB's coffin and lightboost is even worse than ULMB, died when the first ULMB came out but poorfags couldnt afford them because they had no jobs

>inb4 TN
Nah there's no excuse for that, and you need to leave.

i have an eizo ev2785 for everything that isn't gaming, i think i'm good.

The sweet spot of diminishing returns is hit at 120 and 144 is already well over that.

Why not "gaym" on sony ddms if you've got the cash, and want something to brag about?

why on earth would you want 4x TN gaming monitors instead of 1 plus some decent IPS for non-gaming?

multi-monitor is trash for FPS, and strobed displays are essentially a negative for nearly any other use.

Why waste money on a monitor like that? The human eyes can only see 24hz. And that's for two eyes. Blind people can watch movies at 12hz just fine. Why bother when the natural order is 1 hz per second?

>multi-monitor is trash for FPS
nobody is talking about multi monitor gaming, as that is a gimmick and retarded

The vast majority of you are trash tier at whatever game you play and a 240HZ monitor will make absolutely no difference. I could be playing CS on a 50HZ television from the 1960s with a trackball mouse and I'd still destroy you. Stop obsessing over hardware when you're still complete garbage.

lmao 240> your trash for GAMING which is what these monitors are for. Why do you even game if you suck? Whats your csgo rank scrub?

>High hz monitors are an enjoyment in any daily application

I totally need a 240hz monitor for full screen Intellij.

>csgo rank
sorry, i only play quake live and ut2k4.

Gold Nova. I bet with a 240hz monitor I could get to global.

Ok so you play shitty casual games that nobody cares about.

wtf really gets a bigger benefit from fps boost than the loss of color stability (positional or otherwise) costs? is this really about smoother web browser scrolling and window dragging?

you can get a 43" UHD IPS (LG 43UD79) for like only $600 (and maybe ~$700 for the Dell), which gets you a ton more viewable area without bezels.

don't get me wrong, smoother motion is always better than not, but this seems like retardedly narrowly min-maxing.

She's not wrong, you know

quake is alright but ut2k4 isn't that great. csgo is something else, those one tap flicks are so satisfying.

you joke but once you hit the highest levels of play most players are pretty evenly matched so you need that few ms input lag/response time advantage.

I can't understand it either. Jesus, go buy some actually relevant parts for your computer, Sup Forumsentoomen.

Hitler at least had constructive goals for his society, unlike modern leftist fags that just want to bring everyone down to the level of anxiety-ridden tranny Starbucks baristas with womyns studies masters degrees.

>4x 144hz

for what purpose?

Get a 165hz 1440p IPS monitor.

And i felt that anything abovr 120Hz was a meme. When will the meme train stop?

It won't because gamers are some of the stupidest people on the planet.

gamers have athletic minds and bodies and pleb betas like yourself can't even notice the difference between 144hz and 240hz. your brain literally operates at a lower frequency.

>TNs dont suffer from blur if i put darkness to 90% :^)
sorry but gsync/freesync > black ass, ugly fucking TN screen.

my toys > your toys
nothing will change this fact
fucking deal with it
/thread

>240hz
Its a stretch seeing the difference between 144 and 120 but god dammit user why go 240hz? What fucking game besides csgo will even take advantage of all that?

I need 240hz to destroy noobs in pubg where the server is running at 17hz (5hz for the first 10 minutes).

The virginity is strong in this thread.

So is the grip on your penis. Do you have a friction burn, Mr Harry Palms?

>SLI

enjoy your increased frame times I guess

I main Genji in Overwatch

>2ms

>almost 2017+1
>Not overclocking your brain

This fucking Hzlets
When will they learn?

>165hz
>IPS
wew lad

what did you mean by this??

They exist tho

She is wrong
The whole 'compare everything to sjws' is the same as the left wing tactic of 'compare everything to nazis'
It all stems from everyone's obstinate refusal to just admit Hitler was right and we fought on the wrong side of the war

Send me one

Can you send me all your 144s? ill pay for shipping

fakes screeencap of 2017

>mfw those buggers don't realize that human brain can only see in 13Hz, and detect flicker if it's below 50Hz
>mfw they keep falling for the refresh rate meme

Wtf I love Lauren southern now

>getting 240hz when pretty much all games can barely run at 60hz

I use a 60hz monitor I found at a thrift store
Ama

Lol my games run above 100 fps GPUlet

What's next? 480hz?

> playing anything other than pubg

>still having framerate issues in PUGB after 1.0

Stop being poor

Severely diminished returns.

Improvement? Yes. But it's not like the jump from 60 to 144.

Honestly spending this much money on something so pointless is just dumb, do you at least own a house? Cos if not this is why people like you never will.

This but pre post-moralistically

Okay, I think we can all agree that 59 hertz is the best refresh rate.

I've never seen motion blur reduction tech in action but 120/144hz lcd's are still ghosting as fuck. Yes the higher framerate is nice but the display tech still sucks dick.
t. a dude with a crt two feet from him

Wait for hdmi 2.1 so u can use vrr