Hiro has been blocking the external archives

Hiro has been blocking the external archives

This is good. People really shouldn't steal our bandwidth, especially since Hiro plans to make an own high quality and reliable Sup Forums archive himself anyway. I will gladly pay access if it is reliable.

t. Hiro

>7 days ago

first post, best post.

but really, archives are for reddit fags. imageboards are about "being there when it happens", archiving shit is the cancer. if you want to read posts that are months old, why not join a regular forum?

Regular forums are dead, faggot

If you want to see the same shit that was posted here a month ago, it's probably posted somewhere around here today.

Hiro may be a total cocksucker, but he didn't block the archives, cloudflare did.

The 4chanX botnet idea as a workaround is far more interesting for discussion.

Why would cloudflare block the archives?
It's not like they are drawing a lot of traffic through their service. Not in comparison to a lot of other users.

>4chanX botnet idea
Elaborate please.

>high quality archives exist for free
>please hiro, block them and then charge users to access them
Kill yourself you shitposting fuck

>Issue caused archives to not work
>HIRO BLOCKED ARCHIVES! SAD!
Christ now even you faggots are resorting to clickbait

It's an automated protection against bots. Read the thread for a bit more info, it wasn't just archives that were affected.

4chanX developer suggested an opt-in feature that allows users to act as scrapers for the archive.

That's really fucking neat. I'd totally be down.

I guess some people are too retarded to detect a joke even if one makes it very obvious

>Why would cloudflare block the archives?

It's due to bot detection, but remember that last year cloudflare also started killing sites whose politics they don't like.

The current archives are high quality and they are free.
kys

If they cared about bandwidth they would have mandatory photos for making a thread and they wouldnt flat out block stuff like vp9 which would cut all webm traffic in half.
seriously kys

see

that isnt a joke, its a shit post that looks the same as every other retard that honestly believes that.