The 2014 Apple MacBook Air is infinitely superior to the ThinkPad T430, in every way

The 2014 Apple MacBook Air is infinitely superior to the ThinkPad T430, in every way.
Prove me wrong.

I can't, anyone that doesn't like Apple is just poor or a pajeet amirite fellow I-maniacs.

2014? i bet the cooler and heatsinks are probably dirty af right now.
I recommend you taking yours apart to clean up the mess to get it back into the fighting shape.

Can it be purchased for $200 or less?

No TrackPoint is a pretty huge negative

t. MacBook Air owner

Sorry but the burden of proof is on the person making outrageous, indefensible claims.

the only reason that anyone should ever buy a macintosh computer is to signal to the entire world that they are a queer of the absolute highest caliber, and that you have a blog on tumblr where you post about oppression and shit on your 2000 dollar computer, in starbucks where you drink coffee that was hand-squeezed by an impoverished 8 year old in Guatamela who will make 12 cents for his day's work, except a bowl of rice costs 15 cents so he'll have to suck 3 dicks for the last 3 cents so that he can eat dinner, fucking fuck starbucks, fucking faggot nu male coffee place, everyone who drinks at starbucks should deep throat a double barrel shotgun loaded with nerve gas rounds, or else a chainsaw with rusty blade dipped in a petri dish full of tetanus. mac users are just as bad, fucking cancerous human beings, rich fucks trying to show off how rich they are sitting in some 3000 dollar chair with Beats headphones that cost 100 dollars for shitty sounds, with fucking goldplated headphones connection, fuck them all, they need to take a long walk off the empire state building, or the CN tower, or whatever, and make sure they land on a flagpole and their fat corpse is speared like a shishkebab. just turn all Mac users and flagpoles into a giant shishkebab of faggotry.

>worse specs
>more expensive
>thermal throttling
>can't mod, repair
>awful trackpad
>no trackpoint
>no ports

I'm struggling to find a single way that the MBA is even arguably superior.

Yep i agree. Was on the dell lattitude train.

I got a 2011 256gb macbook air for free when some idiot convinced himself he fried it when in reality the inner conductor of the charger cable was broken.

Add 50 dollars for a genuine fake charger, a secure wipe and installed debian and i am never lugging a heavy piece of shit around again. Objectively superior in every way.

Plus i found 7 plus without an icloud lock. Wew 2016 was a good year.

Honestly, how long do ThinkPads usually last anyway, in relation to Macs? Would they be about up to par assuming they're both used properly?
Apple makes shit, but it's still decently-made shit.

saved

>but it's still decently-made shit.
Wrong.

A thinkpad should last a lot longer. I spent most of my life with macbooks and they don't tend to last much longer than the 5 years of support apple provides.

as for the actual computer...

The Macbook Air is a luxury proto-Chromebook, what did you expect?

>Chromebooks have Thunderbolt

I have a T430 with i7 and Nvidia GPU. It also has a 240 GB SSD and 1 TB HDD replacing the optical drive. It's pretty nice but I practically stopped using it after getting a X230 which has an IPS display and it's very light and mobile. I wouldn't change it for a Macbook Air. I hope it lasts long. Of course some parts of it are user replaceable like the keyboard and battery which helps.

Oh look, its that thread again

>being an Apple fangirl
>paying twice as much for design and the name "Apple" on it
>being Amurican and proud about Amurican company
>device made in Asia

kek

Lolnovo Chinkpads probably not better, those IBM ones decades ago maybe been.

My X230 (similar hardware to the T430) technically has infinite battery life depending on how many batteries I carry with me. All I have to do is turn off the laptop, swap the battery, and turn it back one. This takes on average less than 20 seconds, since it shuts off instantly, swapping the battery takes 5-10 seconds, and my last boot time (according to BIOS logs) is 4.2 seconds. I don't even have hybrid startup enabled so I'm reloading the whole kernel and all the extensions and programs each time. Can your Mac boot in less than 5 seconds? Each battery lasts about 10-15 hours of medium usage, as in multiple programs running with the screen on low brightness. If I throttle down the CPU, lower the brightness, and only do light web browsing I can easily get a full 24 hours, and this is on a chinkshit 9 cell battery using Winshit 10 Enterprise. I can get even better battery life on Linux with a light desktop and some additional power management packages for laptops like TLP. I can also upgrade the RAM to 16GB and the storage to literally anything I want because UEFI supports more storage than I can even buy right now, so my boot disk can be fucking near infinite in size.

>but it can't run muh fruity toy OS!
Yes it can. This laptop actually has decent hackintosh support, and I just installed High Sierra the other day to test it out. Everything but WiFi works but that can be fixed with a $10 wireless card, which I have an extra slot for.

Lick my ass, iToddler.

Im using a Thinkpad from 2004. Bad thing? Heat

What OS are you running? Is it an IBM or Lenovo?

IBM
Thinkpad R51
Windows xp

>put MacBook in backpack to take to class because it's light
>keep ThinkPad at home because it's /comfy/
I'm alright.

Well shit, I have a 2014 air and I quite like it.
Three and a half years of manually locking the fan on 100% has meant that the bearing's drying out now, but I just ordered a replacement for like $20. All good.

The MacBook Air seems so out of place with apples current lineup imo.

>no Retina screen
>no USB-C thunderbolt

>"Hi. I'm here to bait you."
>21 replies and 5 images omitted. Click here to view.

You're all fucking cretins.

This, a million times this.

>2017
>Windows XP
Just install a minimal Linux distro.

Give them back, abo

This
Every damn time, Sup Forums

I never have seen a thinkpad recovering after a spill.

I own a T430s, nothing can be worse than it.

why not? Dont they have a water proof keyboard and all?

>Debian
>Not Mac OS

You got the Mac, now install Mac OS on it like a normie.

How?

burden of proof fallacy faggit

Is Apple luxury for you? Why do you consider people who don't use Apple poor?

>he's so poor he thinks a Fapple product is a status symbol

>back of Australian driver's licence
>2 hedra street, regents park
What should I send him in the mail, Sup Forums?

hedera*

what DE and theme is that?
looks super-comfy

Quad core cpu
Egpu
Keyboard
Matte TN
Huge battery
Better Linux support
Better windows support
Better coreboot support
Also thinkpad users fall for bait more often
See my post

>too autistic to recognize obvious sarcasm

Neck yourself. Who the fuck says 'amirite fellow I-maniacs'. Jesus Christ.

>Air
wow it's trash
same as Thinkmeme 2bh