I want font rendering this good

Seriously?

This is what mine looks like:
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog

time spent configuring font rendering: none at all

How to get good font rendering?

Mine looks exactly like this

accept no font substitutes

I have also installed the libertine font locally which is the font used by Wikipedia for the titles of articles (it's also the font used in the Wikipedia logo).

Are desktop browsers even trying.

What is the GOAT serif font?

> aliased browser font
> antialiased terminal font
What did xi mean by this?

Font rendering brainlet here.
So subpixel AA uses individual RGB segmets from a pixel to effectively achieve 3× the horizontal resolution, correct? What I don't understand is how that subpixel rendering survives a screenshot. I'm assuming the rendering system needs to be told that a section of the screen is text in order to work, so why doesn't it mess up when you take a screenshot and that text becomes just an image?

>What I don't understand is how that subpixel rendering survives a screenshot
It doesn't, zoom in and you'll see that your font is all rainbow-y.

But how does the 1/3rd of a pixel stay being 1/3rd of a pixel once it becomes just an image?

Because an image is stored as pixels?

Because each pixel is stored as 3 numbers. Sometimes 4.

Please excuse my brainlettery but I can't figure it out. This is how I see subpixel as working. Each square is one pixel and the AA is done by physically switching on only 1 RGB section per pixel, right? So when we take a screenshot of that text it's rasterised into a whole-pixel format (i.e. information for each whole pixel and nothing more) so how does it end up looking the same in the image?

Whole pixels are stored as subpixels.