dokimos.org/ajff/
s6.zetaboards.com/babyfur
bubsy3d.com/
arpa.net
web.archive.org/web/20071220012022/http://www.hrodc.com:80/
hrodc.com:80/
machosteakjet.wordpress.com/
heavensgate.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven's_Gate_(religious_group)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

cameronsworld.net/

protectedtext.com

gondolas.stravers.net/

Also w1r3.net
And ssh to whisper.onthewifi.com
(SSH textboard)

lobste.rs/

anons.wiki/

Made it myself some time ago. Please have a look.

I was that one person who upvoted that post on HN

Haha! Thank you user. What do you think about HN? I feel it becomes too intellectual. I like down to earth places. Does not necessarily mean intellectual discussions are discouraged.

Ayy, I saw your thread on here a bit ago.

Consider doing it over the Gopher protocol, it'd be neat

Yes

Will consider it.

I would like to work on a peer to peer backup tool using C. It is like torrent where you backup some files by sending it to other friend peer and he backs up by sending his files to mine.
I want help. Any anons interested?

xqz3u5drneuzhaeo.onion on the tor network

No, it's not CP. It's pic related.

The Human Experiment.
I went to it a couple times around 2013 and seemed like a work in progress site, but then again so do all tor services.

Aparantly the last update on the website was 2011. I don't know if it's still up or under the same URL, but I find it hard to believe that an operation like this doesn't actually exist somewhere in the world.

Would appreciate any information.

You may use a tor2web service to access it without using Tor since it's not CP.

yyyyyyy.info

>cameronsworld.net/
It's like an HTML2 wet dream.

MFW I hit F12 can't even be described, pic related

Wtf is this?

It is similar to HackerNews but it has nice improvements 9r measures to avoid the problems faced by sites like HN.

Example : the moderation logs are made public so there is complete transparency. New users can only be invited by other existing users so that helps in spam prevention and mitigates the emergence of voting mafia (shills). Other good stuff like fixed amount of tags which a thread can be created with, and more..
check :
lobste.rs/about/

>Wtf is this?
Apparently some sort of link aggregator site used mostly be unix/linux enthusiast to discuss obscure computer science centric topics.

Seems like a bunch of noobs just from reading the first couple of pages.

In other words, you post a link and people discuss the contents of said link.

There are quite a few projects like that, many of them cryptocurrency-based.

This wouldn't be crytocurrency based. This would be based on trust and co-operation. Please give me names of those projects though.

Also, my idea for this came from this site : taobackup.com/

Sia, Storj, MaidSafe, Filecoin

Thank you so much. Based user. Will look into it

(I haven't read about any but MaidSafe in detail, and haven't used any myself)

Any site that has downvoting and nonlinear replies will be shit by design. No matter what you say, people will always use downvoting as a "fuck you, I disagree" button, so it shouldn't exist. Let replies sit in the order they were made, and have moderators delete actual spam/low-quality posting. Letting users vote on quality always fosters an echo chamber.

boards.Sup Forums.org

liveleak.com

it's like 2007 youtube with less censorship.

I remember this site, africans are so weird. Last time I've been there there was people who believe into magic and a picture of a guy who got raped by his father with a curling iron when he heard his son was gay

>guy who got raped by his father with a curling iron
Doesn't that mean the father is gayer?

Blacks are so weird...
In America they believe that gay sex is only gay for the person on the bottom, but the guy on top is entirely straight. It's so bizarre.

gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html

Agreed. Atleast lobste.rs has "give reason for downvote" functionality. But totally see what you mean.

is like a Nostalgic nightmare

donaldmarshallrevolution.com/

>Letting users vote on quality always fosters an echo chamber.
I can see you haven't been on facebook in a long time. Good for you.

But seriously, any sort of user input ranking system is garbage, be it like/dislike, like only, or even star systems(which are the most acceptable in my experience)

The only way to rank something well is by using factual site data(Number of clicks VS time spent on the link, number of people who clicked on the link before and after reading the description, rate of comments and replies, etc...)

Every time users are allowed to rank something they will always assume they have to rank with their 'feelings'

>donaldmarshallrevolution.com/
>POWERED BY TS INCORPORATED
>A Los Angeles Based Marketing, Advertising, and Consulting Firm
LA jews are literally the worst.
No thanks.

Users can vote on tags pretty successfully, since they're generally objective information about some content.

I've also considered "downvote-only" ranking, ie for Amazon (where it is trivial to pay people for 5 star verified purchaser ratings, since you can just resell your product again only losing Amazon's cut + shipping, but harder to pay for everyone else's product to artificially lower the reviews).

Suddenly, being on the grid doesn't sound all that bad.

wtf is this?

I saw one called supforums or something, which seems to be a Sup Forums mirror displayed like a regular forum site, complete with fake names to replace "Anonymous".

anime imageboard

oh cool. they have a bunch of interest boards as well.
is the technology one alright?

>they have a bunch of interest boards
you mean anime/interest boards

There's other sites that allow voting on tags and tag relevance, such as imgur. They abuse it by miss tagging content that they do not agree with as NSFW, etc...

Such a system can only work in theory if no gangs or groups are formed, but herd mentality is a reality of the human experience, so once a majority of users disagree with a post's content then they have complete control over who can find that content.

They don't even have to be organized, it can just be an angry mob scenario where 5000 users personally disagree with the content on a link and all 5000 of them individually miss-tag the link.

Posting a classic timecube.2enp.com/

I hear their pony board offers interesting and refreshing views on farming and livestock breeding techniques.

I don't know, he probably saw that as "get punished from where you sinned" or something. They're really religious.
dokimos.org/ajff/

I hate to sound like a Sup Forumstard but I used to lurk on lobste.rs. What ended up happening with their invite system is that unsurprisingly, friends tend to have similar viewpoints so bullshit social justice warrior articles that polluted HN ended up on lobste.rs with the same type of brigading.

All it takes is inviting just one friend who is slightly more radical than you and once he invites his friends the cesspool starts forming. Luckily, the community is still fairly small and the moderators try to avoid controversial topics but they're still more tolerant to social justice bullshit than I'd like.

You mean GNU/imageboards

don't have brainlet audience..?

s6.zetaboards.com/babyfur

damn the proof on the page about traps really made me think

bubsy3d.com/

>wolrd

After knowing the people I've been speaking to today, you'd be surprised what passes for English these days...

I had to spend 5 hours explaining to some idiot that the R is not pronounced Awww, and convincing him that the O is pronounced like an O and not like an A and viceversa.

Wouldn't be surprised if Cameron genuinely thought that was the correct spelling of world.

The first sentence kinda makes sense (it's about the 1884 Meridian Conference) .
Then the acid kicked in.

The time cube is some sort of mormonic baptist cult from what I remember.

Don't pay much mind, even the Jehovah's Witnesses like to make fun of them.

It's kind of line an old timey meme religion, if any member genuinely believed any of it then they died long before that website was published.

www.hrodc.com

The thing about tags is that they're more robust against bad faith voting in general if users actually use them to find and filter content. The quintessential case for this is danbooru-style imageboards, where mistagging things usually gets rectified relatively fast, since people searching with the tags had strict expectations about what they want to see.

>www.hrodc.com
That's gotta be the saddest looking diploma mill I've ever seen.
Holy shit, it's worse than phoenix university.

arpa.net

The gondola site is dead.

Damn, cool site. I don't know if I trust it enough to put passwords in it, but as an encrypted text editor it's pretty cool.

It was even better 10 years ago:
web.archive.org/web/20071220012022/http://www.hrodc.com:80/

It was even better 10 years ago:
web.archive.org/web/20071220012022/hrodc.com:80/

Does the Indian Java expert with 1000 students in one room has a website?

>White on red on yellow
Kill me.

About what I expected.

Gopher(0) alone will be awkward due to lack of "form" equivalent. Gopher+ has +ASK forms but is poorly supported.

Here's an experiment with Gopher + FTP though:
gopher://khzae.net/1/phiki
Was never really sure what to use it for so it's still just a work-in-progress.

i like this

The internet peaked with machosteakjet.wordpress.com/

A Mexican coal eating board

cool

Contributan:
heavensgate.com/
(context: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven's_Gate_(religious_group) )

Seen this and heard about it

Bump

templeos.org