So one of my lad said Tails os isn't secure like it used to be anymore, is this true?

So one of my lad said Tails os isn't secure like it used to be anymore, is this true?

Help a brainlet out guys!

Other urls found in this thread:

heads.dyne.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>is this true
No

Yes

Can you be more specific? Why no, why yes?

Maybe

Why not ask your lad why instead

someone in a recent thread said that there's another distro called "heads" which is better than tails. haven't looked into it myself, but thought i'd pass along the info.

Mr. Brainlet, Tails is not a "secure" distro for every day usage.
It's made to not leave traces on your system.

Basically is you have a leak, you boot tails from CD, submit your shit and (ideally) nobody can find evidence what happend on this laptop.

It's not necessarily meant for everyday usage.

Nonfree software can't be secure software.

It is free you autist, they are funded by donations just like Tor

It's not just black and white.

SystemD is FOSS in terms of the software.
And yet it's probably full of backdoors, because the amount of LOC is just too overwhelming to find them all.

Or do you know any good FOSS VPN?

FOSS does not automatically mean it's good.
And nonfree doesn't mean it has to be bad.

heads is tails without systemd

Tails uses the vanilla version of Linux, which contains nonfree firmware blobs.

And how long will it be until people start saying heads is no good either? There always seems to be a fault somewhere

almost like people have different opinions
some people don't like tails because it contains systemd bloat with who knows how many backdoors
some say heads is less secure owing to its lesser popularity and smaller dev team

make your own decisions

I'll stick with Tor via tails, I'm just browsing the dark net like half the faggot kids on YouTube so I doubt I'm a major target. Most people are running these systems off hardware effected by the Intel management engine exploits anyway.

step one of fucking it up is going lax because you're "not a target"
practice the mindset that you are doing something you shouldnt, even if you're not.

I am in the right mindset, thus why I use tails rather than windows and Tor rather than chrome, I just feel that tails is going to have more reliability than something used by a small number of people. Needle in the haystack and all that.

realistically heads and tails are even
heads is definitely more suited if you're worried about systemd bloat hiding backdoors or just vulns

>FOSS does not automatically mean it's good.
Correct.
>And nonfree doesn't mean it has to be bad.
Incorrect.

>step one of fucking it up is going lax because you're "not a target"
I would definitely argue that if you're a script kiddie that wants to roleplay with tor then overthinking it is autistic. And if you really have stuff to hide to the point where tails and ME can be considered compromised, then TOR sure as fuck can be considered compromised as well, so hope you're not browsing anywhere near home or using any analysable patterns

>doesn't understand how Tor works.

>tails
Insecure, use heads heads.dyne.org/

this^
also i2p is a supperior choice, tor is a cia nigger honeypot.

any1 know if heads gives me a random mac address like tails?

Sounds like government botnet

Bullshit, no one is going to give a fuck that some Sup Forums autist is using nntpchan to talk about music and browse memesites with 80s text files, Mr. Defcon.

t. cia nigger

THATS BECAUSE SYSTEMD IS GLOW IN THE DARK CIANIGGER BOTNET

PS
QUBES ON EOL HARDWARE FLASHED WITH COREBOOT CONFIG_USE_ME_CLEANER

ONLY PROBLEM IS NO VT-D IOMMU

I'll flip a coin to see which one I'll use

Oh you.

This would make you a higher profile target if you actually are doing something work keeping a secret. You should try your best to have a plain looking footprint and not like someone who is permanently suspicious.

If you're not a roleplayer, get a cheap old laptop off Craigslist, use tails and public/stolen wifi, do your ops, use cold storage, then burn the laptop

Tails is a place free and open source software. You're free to look at the source code of every app. I don't know why you'd think otherwise.

non-free firmware

>have to buy a new throwaway each time you want to browse

Just buy a laptop, remove wireless card and HDD then use Ethernet and tails. No possibility of lingering data and mitm attacks are very unlikely