How do you guys cope with the fact that studying is shit?

how do you guys cope with the fact that studying is shit?

have you gone to university? did you finish it?

i dropped mine because i don't like studying

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wanker
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Im thinking of doing a PhD next year. Not sure desu

I left school at 16
>tfw too intellectual for formal education

Let's be honest most of the time they teach you stuff that you will NEVER use in your future fucking job.

>he didn't live his skins life

80 dollar textbook

That's pretty inexpensive. I once showed up at an art history class where the book was $400 and they actually expected you to read it. Walked right out and dropped the class.

>art history class
>book costs $400
my sides

> $80 and $400 textbooks
> American education

I cope by doing it. The most boring things are the most valuable

>I dropped mine because I don't like studying

How will you get anywhere? Do you also "drop" work because you have to do something you don't like?

I totally did though user. All my friends went to college/uni & I had a fucking blast 16 - 25 before reality kicked in.

EVER HEARD OF TORRENTING?

IT'S THIS NEW THING WHERE U STEAL BOOKS

>"Okay class, you will need this book that we will open once in the entire semester"
>"Oy Gevalt! Of course you can't use your laptop or Ipad to read the book, goy."

Fuck those profesor, I swear to Christ one of these days I am going to break their legs.

AMERIKEK ISPs BLOCK TORRENT TRACKERS.

Yes, I download everything for free.

What the fuck, the word "cu͏͏ck" is being filtered now?
test: cuck

No they don't

Also ever heard of a vpn?

Lmfao I torrent without a vpn for years my isp don't give a fuck

I seed and torrent all I want on home connection

The purpose is to teach your brains to study, quick data aqcuiring and manipulation, and to give you knowledge base and give you feeling of current scientific horizons.
Well, I dunno what humanitarians are teached to, probably how to speak a lot to sell some modern art shit.

Well, if you want to be honest it's called formation, you're suposed to be using classes as an aid to your own studies, which should be ample in order to form criteria, not as a requisite to complete credits in order to use your degree merely to work as a licensed profesional or for social status.

The problem here is education being looked at as a means for economic/social advancement, it isn't, people for whom those preocupations are primary should go to technical schools and not universities and that such a distinction isn't clear is a failure for both education and employers, who are not exactly getting what they need either.

You shouldn't study if you don't have love for your field, you shouldn't be in college if you genuinelly find study difficult or boring.Universities should not be for the masses. There should be profitable and socially acceptable alternatives.

Hmm. What about "americu͏͏ck" ?
americuck

I listen to music.

Fuck, how did I get "AMERIKEK" then?
tst
AMERIKEK
KEK

honestly the whole EU thing has been a fucking godsend. here we don't have english as a sole course, if you want to study it you have to also study one other subject, so i took sociology. the math damn near killed me and i dropped out. then they tell you you can just take cambridge proficiency tests now for a professor equivalency. basically it's a 4-hour test that's the same shit as pasing a 4-year school. it's awesome.

Please kid back to Sup Forums

I never realised that the programming languages are in English, that must be weird as fuck for foreigners

It's not about the price. It could be free. This is a required gen ed course. Guess it serves me right for being a dumbass in high school and not getting good credits

work is different than studying, much less painful

How about you go back to 2ch?

I mean I thought that all the terms could be localised

Not really if you know English.

I'm about to transfer to uni from cc to get a bs in poli sci. I don't really know what I want to do, I kinda just want to NEET but my parents pressure me to go. Politics is interesting to me so hopefully I will enjoy it.

>css is a programming language

Anyway I heard there was some arabic programming language. I've also seen some cyrillic screenshots. But yeah it really does go to show how deeply rooted english is as a lingua franca, kinda sad really there's much better languages.

There are some books you can't find online. You can only find it for the popular common books.

Some classes even require you buy some online pass that comes with new books to take online quizzes. Usually math and science classes.

I don't know anything whatsoever about programming, it just surprised me

Imagine a class of chinks in Guangzhou getting out their Chinese-English dictionaries to understand what background means, kek

>how do you guys cope with the fact that studying is shit?
I dont study shit, I study useful information
>have you gone to university? did you finish it?
yes, yes, masters in mechanical engineering in 4 months
>i dropped mine because i don't like studying
sucks to be you, have fun making my shoelaces for the rest of your life, or whatever it is monkeys do

let m guess, you're rich in "experiences" but broke/poor and listless? yea, ill be rich in experiences with the extra 20 years ill live, with much more money and well being

stop learning a stupid subject like underwater basketweaving
gen ed classes are the worst though

try $611 used for one, 1300 pages of thermodynamics goodness

>I cope by doing it. The most boring things are the most valuable
this, everything we do is action, even the decision to not do anything is itsself an action, so if you can act, do so with vigor!

teachers that are stubborn are the best at preparing you for real life, even if you dont know it
because I guarantee you will have a boss one day who is 1000% more anal about you doing things his way or the highway

Not really, you havnt to understand english to use english commands.

>work is different than studying, much less painful

Completwly disagree

Studying compared to working is insanely easy. College best time of my life

No, it would be weird to program in spanish. English is the lingua franca so is normal to program in english.

i did though, did a meme life sci degree and see most of my friends unemployed or slaving for an asshole professor in grad school. sister went to med school and will realistically start to make money when she's 32 at least so i won't do that.

honestly, the only good path to go is engineering t b h, cousins went that route and holy fuck the average ameriburger engineer makes six figures after a year or two at a company.

css is shit.

Yeah but the books would explain the concepts in chinese, and they would know whenever they see a certain symbol it means such and such idea. It would be weird but I could see me getting used to it if I had to learn a programming language with foreign localization. It's not like methodology or theory changes, computers are computers and programming concepts are very well cemented globally.

>Ph.D student
I've given up all control of my life.

I can graduate in 2018, if I'm lucky.

I only study when I don't know the shit, or before a test or quiz.
I do pretty okay, besides I tend to enjoy the college feel, and tend to enjoy almost any course that isn't straight math, or some joke course.
Costs suck though.

life's shit in BR anyway so it doesn't make that much of a difference
nope, studying is harder and more painful, but maybe i'm just a monkey though

>nope, studying is harder and more painful, but maybe i'm just a monkey though

Maybe.

But personally I find it easy as heck. If you struggle in University I really don't see how you'll ever make it in the real world. Your attitude of "It's hard so i quit xD" is really childish too, hope you were just trolling because otherwise that's fucked

y u usin it then

what are you making anyway? post whatever you have to 1339.cf or run nginx or something

what's the average CS salary in your cunts?

i'm quite surprised CS students in america usually make double here.

>this, everything we do is action, even the decision to not do anything is itsself an action, so if you can act, do so with vigor!

I like to do the things I hate the most or aren't looking forward to. Because I know that's what will get me the most benefit.

I'll never get how people throw in the towel when they face the least resistance, that's what makes the most change!

Right now I'm working on an app.

you sound like a miserable faggot
especially since engineering is the bottom rung of all STEM disciplines, for people who lack the intelligence to do rigorous proofs

*double compared to here.

america is a real mystery imo, they pay people with some skills way way more and pay everyone else next to nothing.

[image of man donning fedora]

what do you mean by make it in the real world? will just work like every normal person lol

a wise physics professor once told me that the purpose of college isnt to learn information, its to learn how to learn. Or in other words, college is designed to show you how to teach yourself thing quickly efficiently and accurately. Youre goal in college should be to develop a new mindset that can quickly breakdown a complex task into a series of simple manageable ones to do

>what do you mean by make it in the real world?

Getting anywhere decent in the real world whether it being a good position or starting a business.

>will just work like every normal person lol
Where will u work if you have no education and you just throw in the towel when things get hard?

Maybe mcdonalds will take you

Did you do anything part time?

I feel guilty and pathetic being here not working, this is all paid for already. I just feel "illegitimate".

#define, libraries and IDE's with translators.
Also, who the fuck learns a programming language in their own language if it's not English.
Shit like arrays, Strings and the syntax of most language has no direct translation or common sense logic at least in the Spanish language.

>Did you do anything part time?

Yes. Work as much as you can, participate in clubs, do internships/co-op, conferences, anything

Just going to class, getting your shitty 3.5 GPA barely putting in any effort isn't enough

I go because it's free and because it helps im that at least you will know something to do in the future

will just become a wagecuck, also i will work for the government, it's pretty chill

To be fair the words themselves don't make sense in english either, just the best fitting word for a concept.

Can you recommend a good Java course
My teacher is useless he won't stop and he knows I'm retarded

>will just become a wagecuck,
in what field

>also i will work for the government, it's pretty chill
doing what exactly? Does the Brazilian government take people without an education or any skills? As janitors maybe?

>Does the Brazilian government take people without an education or any skills?
If they are like the argentinian government, then yes, they do.

Im good at math, Im interested in physics ( I wish my school had nuclear engineering instead of mechanical, but only 10 in the country offer it, so whateva), and I like to build things, break things, and fine tune systems, and see things that i put work into being useful to others

My career goal is R&D, basically get payed to tinker in a lab/garage/workshop/drafting table

getting payed to do something you would do for free anyways? how is that not a successful life?

and I'd love to have gotten a pure math degree, but theres no job market for that

yes, there's middle school level, high school level and college level tests for public service, you have to pass the test and then they call you

I'll just study for a high school job and I'll never again touch a filthy book anymore kek

>shitty 3.5 GPA

kind of scaring me tbqhf

what do you mean "isn't enough"? Enough for what?

Okay I guess... Just seems like you're strongly selling yourself short

if you don't do internships you'll be nojob when you graduate

>tfw mine's only 3.2
Hope I'm not fucked.

>what do you mean "isn't enough"? Enough for what?

Enough for anything worthwhile.

Imagine yourself from your future employer's point of view. Why should he hire Mr. user?

What would be your response when he says "Okay Mr user, reasonable GPA from an alright school... But what have you been doing over these past 4 years? Perhaps you have omitted some of the clubs or activities you have participated in?"

i'm just a simple man

people forgot what's this nowadays

I didnt go to university because I dont plan on becoming a doctor or something that requires crazy qualifications. And if I did want to, I could go through the defence force and in the end actually have a job and no debt.

>let m guess, you're rich in "experiences" but broke/poor and listless? yea, ill be rich in experiences with the extra 20 years ill live, with much more money and well being

Nope. Sounds like you're projecting pretty hard there user. I make pretty good money actually and am due to receive quite a lot of inheritance next year. But I've been lucky in work, done many, many different jobs - found something I was good at and enjoyed. Taught myself further and now am self employed. And obviously extremely lucky to get inheritance. You probably will live longer than me though, I've really abused my body until quite recently :(

Only got one life m8

Seems kind of a shame and waste to live it mediocrely

Not really. Get good contacts and references, and you will live.

Just learn the syntax, print and laminate a sheet with the reserved words and resolve the proposed problems in "Head First Java".
If you have problems with your code and only if you have, correct them using the java documentation (which is basically the book I have), and if even like that you can't do it the use Head first.
Don't go to those courses that promote in your Uni's halls, they'll be doing the exact same shit as you with the difference of a professor that won't have time for you because he's solving 10 other's introductory questions.

I didn't bother going to university because when I saw everything they had on offer none of it appealed to me. That and even if I had found something that I like, uni looked like a bit of a gamble anyway. As though I could spend sixty grand+ on an education and there's no real guarantee that I'd get a job with it. That, plus I've met a lot of uni students here and they tend to be wankers. Although I didn't really notice that until later on.

wtf's a wanker?

Get an education kiddos.

Stop falling for internet memes and shortchanging yourself.

Pic related. Stop being fucking dumb, power through and be better for it.

Oh, I will add though, I wish I had studied until at least 18. Kind of want to go to uni just for the experience now that I'm more stable and understand where my proficiencies lie -- makes things much more difficult without A levels.

Still I guess it'll be a story for the kids - "wtf Dad left school at 16" - like people from my generation look at our parents when they left school at 14 etc.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wanker
>Wanker is a term that literally means "one who wanks (masturbates)" but has since become a general insult.
>In modern usage it is usually a general term of contempt rather than a commentary on sexual habits.
>More generally, wanker can carry suggestions of egotistical and self-indulgent behaviour and this is the dominant meaning in Australia and New Zealand.

I guess for the common normie

I have already done everything I wanted and the internet has everything, so it's fine

>No they don't

Yes they do.

>everything we do is action, even the decision to not do anything is itsself an action, so if you can act, do so with vigor!

Is being in a coma, "action"?

I dunno breh I'd suggest finding a real passion

Just seems kind of sad to live a life of just floating down the river

leafy isn't wrong you know.

you know my passion

btw I also cogitate saving money to go to the us and work ilegally, will think about it better after the elections

>the purpose of college isnt to learn information, its to learn how to learn.

No. That was high-school.

In college almost everything I've learned so far is useful knowledge. You fuckers are just going to high-school 2.0 universities, or picking shitty courses.

t. Georgetown University SFS

>you know my passion

it seems too temporary though, playing videogames and going on Sup Forums isn't going to make you happy long-term and chances are you're not too happy right now

Studying is shit but I need a good degree not to end up working as a cashier or in the shitty public administration while affording a decent place.

But half of the brazilians posting on Sup Forums are from the priviliged 5% living in gated communities so I don't think you care about getting a job since mommy and daddy maintain your ass.

>Just seems kind of sad to live a life
What does that even mean? If you get a job that requires little work and doesn't pay poverty wages what difference does it make? Especially when high paying jobs usually require you to work long hours and cuck your whole life to your boss. At least that's how it is a lot of the time here. Work sucks. Minimize it from your life as much as possible.

>to go to the us and work ilegally
don't do it m8. go and work for peanuts and then what if you get sick? or in a position to emigrate legally down the line but can't because of your illegal status?

Are you eligible for an EU passport if you want to leave? 2bh if you're going your own way (business) there's a lot of opportunity in Brazil and SA more broadly. You'll need to shed the blanket though.

>What does that even mean?

I mean it seems sad to be living life by taking the path of least resistance. Whatever is "cozy and certain", even if it's mediocre

>Especially when high paying jobs usually require you to work long hours and cuck your whole life to your boss. At least that's how it is a lot of the time here. Work sucks. Minimize it from your life as much as possible.

Those jobs allow you to make a shit ton of money which gives you freedom and the ability to buy nice things.

The huge work hours also give you an insane work-capacity that prepares you for any other endeavor you might face in your life

>Trying to have a sensible, balanced approach to your working life
Did you forget you're on Sup Forums?

Major GPA is 50% of your hiring chances.
Diploma is 30%
Internships + extracurriculars is 15%
Being something special or connected or a minority is 5-50%.

Get a 3.4-3.6 and you are solid. A 3.7 is good for your standard high ranking college. 3.4 is good for you average college. 3.8 for your shit colleges.

I dropped out age 18 because I was a shit student and I drank too much and studied too little.

Tried again age 26 and I'm doing really well now. Your priorities change I suppose.

>what have you been doing over these past 4 years?

Cultural Interaction internship in the Middle East

t. /biz/fag

>But what have you been doing over these past 4 years? Perhaps you have omitted some of the clubs or activities you have participated in?"
That's when you just lie and tell them you've been taking care of a sick and/or dying relative.