Chrome uses more than twice as much RAM on boot with less than 50 tabs opened and barely any add-ons than Firefox...

>Chrome uses more than twice as much RAM on boot with less than 50 tabs opened and barely any add-ons than Firefox Nightly with 400 tabs and way more add-ons
Why is Chrome so fucking garbage? Why do people still swear by it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/75WFTHpOw8Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

disgusting mongrel

>Chrome uses more than twice as much RAM on boot with less than 50 tabs opened and barely any add-ons than Firefox Nightly with 400 tabs and way more add-ons
Proof pls.

delete taskmgr
probably solved

Chromes shitty memory management isn't exactly a secret, friend

I don't believe they are fair, unbiased benchmarks, friend.

I have enough RAM so I don't care.

>i have enough ram
YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH RAM

With Firefox's speed it may well be caching everything onto the hard drive.

t. chrome shill

because we dont have ADHD and 50 tabs

>48 tabs vs 7 tabs
>only just over 2x RAM consumption
>lower CPU usage

The STATE of Furrycux and its shills.

It's not even shitty, it's a design decision, trading memory usage for process isolation.

shitty design decision
just use threads like a normal program

You do know that firefox doesn't create one process for every tab, right?

>we're sorry it seems that java has inevitably crashed again
>we're going to have to restart your whole browser and anything you had opened/unsaved will now be lost

real shitty, if you ask me

Threads of a single process execute in a single memory space, which can open more windows for exploits and whatnot.

when was the last time a tab crashed for you?

Who even uses java anymore, it's the current fucking year.

yesterday, java crashed on a random website's adblock block. thanks to chrome, I was able to close that one tab

webgl crashes instead of flash now, I still need it.

Why does it accumulate so much RAM usage though? You open a tab and an hour later it's using 5 times as much. It's ridiculous.

>java in web browsers
>2017
:doubt:

As much as I hate google, chrome never used more memory than firefox for me.

Could open 20 of the same tabs in both and the memory usage would be roughly the same, sometimes firefox using a little more.

in their defense, they haven't updated the website since 2014...

She's pure icelandic tho

>He thinks Firefox creates a new process for each tab
(You)

So use Dillo and fuck off.

mongrels are qt

>having more than 4 tabs open
disgusting desu fampai

Bjork a cute!

Even if Chrome took 100 times the memory I'd still use it just so I wasn't supporting Mozilla SJWs and their disgusting variant of communism.

do not try to explain firecucks why their browser is a piece of shit. It was good, but since it turned into a SJW company it's reaching new lows with every release.

enjoy your mr robot game cuck :^)

>Björk used to be afraid of TV because a poet told her a lie about it. Then she read a Danish book on the science of television, and now she’s not scared anymore. Or at least that’s what she describes in this clip: youtu.be/75WFTHpOw8Y , where she disassembles a TV and examines its components, which she describes as, “like a little model of a city.”

I don't like Firefox though, I'm just sick of Chrome eating all my memory.
Isn't Firefox going full multiprocess anyway?

Firefox is not trustworthy

And Google is?

they can't get their shit together because of the stupid diversity fad and all the bullshit that goes with it. As I said, they used to do great shit, now they are stuck in a politics/faggotry loop.
Chrome/Chromium right now don't give a shit about memory usage unless it's for their mobile counterparts and even then they are not making any decent effort because fuck it, nobody writes decent well polished code nowadays, it's all about releasing releasing releasing and meeting deadlines

Icelandic are nordic, shes not pure anything

t.

-commodity and simple interface
-the native "image search feature"
-floating youtube extention
I was using Mozilla before Chrome was released. Chrome booted faster than Mozilla at the time.
I'm thinking on giving Mozilla another chance though. I'm fucking sick of Chrome RAM usage.

firefox is easier to hack and that's only reason why you are shilling it you want easier victims for your russian malware. firefox is always owned the hardest at hacker conventions and is slower at addressing vulnerabilities. what kind of pleb machine do you run that can't handle chrome? your compaq presario on windows 95? fuck outta here.

More than Mozilla yes. I don't trust people like Labnik that are openly violent communists.

>restart firefox
>everything was saved

Memory aside, all of you are forgetting that chrome is a literal botnet client

>Chrome uses more than twice as much RAM

How is that relevant when every computer now days has 16 gigs?

uhh I hope you realize the entire internet is a botnet... If your computer is connected to the internet it's highly likely that something is watching you. Better double up that tin foil.

I have 64GB of ram. who gives a fuck

lol I have 2500 tabs open in Firefox and it uses the same amount as memory as Chrome does in that picture, it's an older version of Firefox as well.