Why don't you own a gaming laptop yet Sup Forums? If you noticed how things are going, desktops are a dying market...

Why don't you own a gaming laptop yet Sup Forums? If you noticed how things are going, desktops are a dying market. Laptops now have desktop grade gpus so there is no excuse not to own one.

I was thinking about getting that Asus ROG laptop with the AMD CPU+GPU combo and slapping Linux on it for an efficient gaming machine.

Thinking about getting a Gigabyte Aero 15 soon.

I have this notebook, the 17 inch RoG one

the keyboard and internal speakers suck for te money

but dual-fans are super quiet. even under full load you essentially can't tell they're running

why the FUCK is the webcam in the middle of the hinge

If I'm already sacrificing my desktop for portability I'd rather not be dependant on a permanent umbilical cord for my system's approximate half hour of battery life.

tfw Bought dell 7447 years ago, still solid and good with 4 hours battery/day heavy usage.

(((Desktops are a dying market)))

I'm getting a thinkpad t420 that can run some older games. Intel graphics 3000 for example has almost 2gbs of vram. You don't need a gaming laptop. Just a laptop that has a good Intel graphics for gaming. Use a desktop for dedicated cards.

i have 10 computers already that work JustFine(tm)

I did once

Worst deal I've ever made as it broke down the second the warranty ended

If you're into video games you should be able to assemble and build your own PC

>notebook
>17 inch

>buy laptop with 4k display and components capable of gaming at that resolution
>$3,999

OR

>buy desktop capable of gaming at 4k + 4k display, peripherals
>$1,600

And the desktop will perform better.

Gaming laptops are shit and so are you OP.

laptop are utter shit in every sense of the word
>screen is too small and creates poor ergonomics
>screen is too small and thus you must use windows shit tier dpi scaling to see anything
>hardware is weak version of desktop hardware yet costs more than it
>displays are rarely above 60hz
>garbage keyboards
>the touchpads on them are all shit unless you own a macbook but then you're even more retarded for paying that much
>the cooling solutions are all cheap and inadequate
>can't properly overclock
>if the display dies it costs almost as much as a new laptop to replace
>hinges wear out
>unless it's lightweight and has long battery life and you can use it like an actual laptop it makes no sense to purchase over a desktop
>you can get an old optiplex for $250 that shits on almost any laptop
you have to be clinically retarded to buy a laptop unless your work requires it

If it's a thinkpad most of what you said is wrong.

a laptop is for mobility not performance, your rant makes no sense

Changed my mind on this. Apparently Linux works like shit on it.

Guy at work has a 17" Alienware with a GTX 1080 and I have to restrain myself from yolo'ing and getting one myself

Because with a computer that fat, I would lose the portability my 12" laptop provides me.

I'd rather have a small comfy laptop and a eGPU when I want to play.

Thick ass laptop...but no optical drive.

Nope laptops have been absolute shit for about 4 years now.

How are egpus?

Do you know how many gaymen laptops I can fit into a full size tower?

Depends
Are you asking about expresscard or thunderbolt

I owned a gaming laptop for 5 years. My first RMA was due to the screen having smudges behind the glass some how and the hinges literally breaking away from the bezel. It took over a month to get it back from RMA because they fucking sent my laptop to someone else and their laptop to me. Unluckly me I never got their laptop in the mail and they kept MY LAPTOP till they received theirs back. I didn't get it back till a couple weeks before I shipped out for military training. Once I was able to get it back I only had it for a month before it blew up and could smell something fried. I didn't have the time or ability to worry about it and they pretty much told me to fuck off since it was out of warranty. Year later I bitched and complained about my RMA experience and how i don't believe it was me who caused this issue since someone else had my laptop. They told me they would fix it for free out of warranty and just to send it in. Yay me I feel better now because I don't mistreat my shit. Couple months after finally getting it back from that RMA the laptop stopped receiving power from the power supply. Still ran on battery juice though. Figured well probably just the charging port because it seems like a common issue of that model. FUCK NO RMA FAGGOTS SAID, "SORRY SIR THE WHOLE BOARD NEEDS REPLACED AND IT'LL BE $400 BECAUSE WE CANT REPLACE A CHARGING PORT AND BTW YOU CANT HAVE YOUR OLD BOARD BACK EVEN THOUGH YOURE PAYING FOR A NEW ONE" Being stuck in a corner because I already paid for shipping and a $100 non-refundable service fee I said wtf ever just go with it. Now It sits underneath my tv where I use it as the occasional htpc and spent $3k to build me a real PC and bought a surface pro 3 for whatever laptop needs I need. Laptops fucking suck especially gaming ones. They are impractical and you can't work on them yourself for the most part. Make sure you give Henry a big fuck you at the only MSI facility in the US btw, California.

The whole point of laptops is portability, gaymen laptops are useless unless you don't own a desktop and travel a lot.

I want to add that they refused to send me pictures of my damaged board and their stories of what the problem actually was were always different. One said there was burns by the cpu even though it ran fine and gamed under battery power. Another said the charging port broke which I never moved the fucking thing around for it to break and henry the manager fuck face said it was burning around the charging port.