Isn't it interesting with all this iPhone throttling stuff that when you look at it...

Isn't it interesting with all this iPhone throttling stuff that when you look at it, the iPhone is actually WAY ahead of Android in terms of planned obsolescence? Talking exclusively about flagships here, obviously older phones with replacable batteries have an easier time with replacing batteries (but still have the problem of lack of OS support)

>inb4 non-replacable batteries
if we're dealing with flagships, they alll have non replacable batteries

so let's make an objective comparison:

>iPhone
(soon) first party battery test which tells you if you need a replacement
>Android
No such app

Battery replacement
>iPhone
Take it into an apple store, pay $29 dollars, it's done in 30 minutes
>Android
Either send it to the manufacturer to be replaced, or no out of warranty first party replacement available. Without your phone for several days in many cases. The S7 costs $73 to replace the battery with samsung (the S8 presumably more), the Pixel 2 costs $80 with a third party, for a couple of examples. Apple's service is cheaper and faster, and you get your phone back much quicker.

>Updates
iPhone receives them for 4+ years, android only for 2.

Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8k3TT-T-vyw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There's no point in proving you wrong because with an apple shill mind of yours there is no more space in your 7 brain cells to remember factual evidence.

My Note 4 is almost 4 years old and still getting updates (unofficially at least, but updates nonetheless)

How much did apple pay you?

Also the note 4 is easily replaceable in a minute. Telling if the battery is old is pretty easy; if it performs like shit compared to when you got it maybe it's time for a replacement

So you're on a custom ROM?

Fuck off. There are several threads every day with people posting pro-android shit due to this battery situation

The only reason there are pro-android posts is because apple is completely in the wrong here.

Apple is in the wrong in the sense that they didn't tell people about what they did. But throttling the phones when the battery has degraded is fine.

Once the battery has degraded it's a choice between
-Letting the phone randomly shut off when performing demanding tasks and eventually battery death
-Throttling the phone to avoid the above

Neither of the above are particularly good options and between the two, I personally would prefer the latter. That's what apple went with. They probably should have told people they were doing this, although I can see why they didn't given how much ignorance there is on the subject.

Now that we know when the battery throttles and why (and soon the iPhone will tell us exactly how our battery is doing), for the informed consumer the iPhone offers a better solution than the android flagships, as outlined in my OP.

Didn't read your blogpost but understand this: apple can and will throttle your iToys whenever they feel like it soyboy and there's nothing you can do about it.

>Didn't read your blogpost

i.e lacks reading comprehension/attention span and has no desire to understand the basics of the phone he is using.

>apple can and will throttle your iToys whenever they feel like it soyboy and there's nothing you can do about it.

I can replace my battery and the throttling will cease.

And I will do so happy in the knowledge that if I had a Samsung Note/S8, OnePlus, Pixel etc., replacing the battery would be more expensive and would take longer.

I went away for 10 minutes and this the shit you wrote. Didn't read it because I have a job. It may be McDonald's, but it's still better than middle school.

>(soon) first party battery test which tells you if you need a replacement
Why would you even need such an app?

>iPhone receives them for 4+ years, android only for 2.
And yet the iOS updates still slow the old phones down whereas the android updates do not

The only point you have here is the ease of battery replacement, but you're setting yourself up to look at that by ignoring all the phones that have easily replaceable batteries (none of which are apple)

>Being a Google-fag

Kys already

>Why would you even need such an app?

so that you know when your battery isn't at full capacity?

>And yet the iOS updates still slow the old phones down whereas the android updates do not

It's not iOS updates that slow down old phones (well, the throttling was introduced in a version of iOS 10). It's battery degradation. This battery degradation results in batteries dying and randomly shutting down when undertaking demanding tasks. Here's a basic video on it:

youtube.com/watch?v=8k3TT-T-vyw

Essentially, the choice is a phone with a dying battery and random shutdowns, or a throttled phone. Neither are good but apple went with the latter while all android phones will suffer the former.

Of course the key point is that neither are good, and in both cases you will want to replace the battery. And as I have laid out above that is a lot easier and cheaper on an iPhone.

>The only point you have here is the ease of battery replacement, but you're setting yourself up to look at that by ignoring all the phones that have easily replaceable batteries

I'm not ignoring it. if you're willing to buy an older/non flagship phone that is indeed an option and a large benefit of owning one of those phones. But some people want newer flagship phones and knowing that some LG phone has a removable battery isn't very useful if you own a Samsung S8.

>the anti apple spammer works at mcdonalds

no surprise

>so that you know when your battery isn't at full capacity?
You can't just tell that by how long the battery lasts on a full charge? That's how I knew it was time to get a new battery on my s5. I mean you should be able to tell your battery is going to shit way before the phone starts randomly shutting off or slowing down in Apple's case. Besides I wouldn't doubt there's 3rd party apps that can do this, so I don't see how Apple making one gives them a huge advantage over Android.

>It's not iOS updates that slow down old phones
Then explain these data to me. Note that people are observing slow down after the new iPhone gets released even before the 6, which is when this battery lifespan saving "feature" was implemented. An iOS update happens during the release of a new phone. And ~90% of iPhone users stay up to date with the most recent version.

One possible explanation is that they design the new iOS update with the latest hardware in mind and the older but still functional hardware gets left in the dust. Now whether they do this intentionally or not is another story.

You're trying too hard.

mate what

>You can't just tell that by how long the battery lasts on a full charge?

obviously the OS telling you the exact capacity of your battery is vastly superior.

>Then explain these data to me.

for a start, the performance of iphones is consistently measured using geekbench.

there's no evidence of phones slowing down when new phones are released

there is evidence of phones slowing down after 10.2.1

this is always fixed by replacing the battery.

As for an explanation for your data, there are a few possible causes

-hardware becomes antiquated and software is designed for newer phones. yes, software tends to become more demanding over time. you wouldnt be able to run current android or iOS on a phone from 2000
-people just searching more about iphones in general. your chart isnt even consistent with them slowing down phones when new phones come out. there are huge spikes followed by a return to normality. unless they were just slowing down phones for a month or two before returning them to normal that wouldnt make sense

>obviously the OS telling you the exact capacity of your battery is vastly superior.
No it literally isn't. It's completely superfluous, and a neat feature at best.
>there's no evidence of phones slowing down when new phones are released
See that chart
>hardware becomes antiquated and software is designed for newer phones. yes, software tends to become more demanding over time. you wouldnt be able to run current android or iOS on a phone from 2000
In other words, the iOS update that comes out when the new phones come out is slowing down the old phones
>people just searching more about iphones in general
You honestly think this happening 8 times in a row can be explained as 8 coincidences?
>your chart isnt even consistent with them slowing down phones when new phones come out.
I really don't know what you're trying to say here. It spikes up after an new phone is released (and thus a new iOS) with every model shown on the chart
>there are huge spikes followed by a return to normality. unless they were just slowing down phones for a month or two before returning them to normal that wouldnt make sense
Or, this could be explained by them getting a new phone because the newest iOS update made their current one slow as shit. However, I have heard some saying that it actually does slow down for a bit and then speed back up again, though that is only anecdotal.

>-Letting the phone randomly shut off when performing demanding tasks and eventually battery death
this only happens on cheap chink shit batteries
i have a 13 year old phone that still works on its original battery without shutting off

Even at McDonalds, he's making more money than you're being paid by Apple to endlessly shill their Fisher Price computers.

>Anyone pro-product I dislike is a paid shill.

This is retarded, with how huge Apple is why would they even need to market on this irrelevant little cesspit of a board?

>No it literally isn't
Yes it fucking is. You are either deluded or lying. Batteries degrade over time. They don’t just suddenly drop overnight. You won’t notice gradual small degradation in the battery as well as the OS which fucking measure s it, you idiot.

>See that chart
That is not evidence, as I mentioned above. Evidence would be a benchmark like Geekbench showing slower results on phones with perfectly functioning batteries around the time of new phone releases.

>You honestly think this happening 8 times in a row can be explained as 8 coincidences?

I didn’t say it was a coincidence. People will tend to be searching for iPhones more in general when a new one is released. IPhone, iPhone accessories, iPhone upgrade, iPhone fast, iPhone slow. I would expect all of these to spike around iphone releases. More people are buying iPhones, more people are researching iPhones, more people are considering upgrades.

>Or, this could be explained by them getting a new phone because the newest iOS update made their current one slow as shit.

Could you at least try and not be a brainlet

Most people dont upgrade their phone every year. Which means if they slowed down the phone, after the initial spike, most of the people should still have slow ipones. Instead it is basically returning to the pre-release levels (with the exception of the first few, which is obviously just due to the iphone rapidly gaining in popularity around that time and is now at a relatively stable level)

Why are there so many brainlets on here?

A 13 year old phone will not be a smart phone. It will therefore have drastically reduced power consumption levels, less frequent charge cycles, and will therefore last a lot longer in general.

>They don’t just suddenly drop overnight
No shit Sherlock
>You won’t notice gradual small degradation in the battery as well as the OS which fucking measure s it, you idiot.
Can you not read you fucking retard, I said I noticed that with my s5 - its charge didn't last near as long as it used to. I guess you're right then, maybe such an app would be useful to idiots like you who can't remember something so simple like how good their battery was when they first got the phone compared to how it is now. But again, you can just get a 3rd party app, making it more superfluous than ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL OMG ANDROID FAGS BTFO. So saying it's absolutely vastly superior pants on head retarded. You're trying to overhype a future feature that isn't that great, and you're mad that it isn't convincing me.

>I didn’t say it was a coincidence. People will tend to be searching for iPhones more in general when a new one is released. IPhone, iPhone accessories, iPhone upgrade, iPhone fast, iPhone slow.
I'd expect all of those except iPhone slow. Why? Because the same trend isn't observed Android phones. I remember reading an article that showed the Google search trends for the galaxy series slowing and didn't see shit for the times of the new releases. Really stimulates those few brain cells you got, huh? IMO, you're better off going with a coincidence argument.

Cont.

Cont.
>Most people dont upgrade their phone every year. Which means if they slowed down the phone, after the initial spike, most of the people should still have slow ipones
It is true that most people don't upgrade immediately; however, the ones that are going to be searching the most about this are the ones that have had their phone longer and are more likely to replace it.
Another explanation could be related to how you seem to think Apple users are as dumb as you are. Just like how they are too oafish to observe the slow decline of their battery, perhaps they get used to this new lag upon updating and don't notice it. I'm eyeballing it here, but it looks like the breath of each spike maybe like a 1.5 to 2 months minimum. I'd say that's enough time for the average idiot to forget about it. This combined with the users that do upgrade is not a totally idiotic or """""brainlet""""" explanation of the spikes going down.

But whatever, I may be wrong. After all, I'm just a simple brainlet who cannot compare to your astounding intelligence. Seriously you just ooze it out with every word you type! How do you do it?!

>the iPhone is actually WAY ahead of Android in terms of planned obsolescence
If it was they wouldn't have put the slow-down into place, would they?
They'd have just let the things crash so you'd buy a new phone.

What the fuck is this? A brain fart? Are you having a stroke? I sincerely hope English is not your first language because this is garbage. A stream of consciousness rant. Nothing of value has been added by these posts so I have nothing further to address.

>iphone 6 came out 2014
>still get regular updates along with new battery for 30$

no android shit from 2014 gets updates on the regular right now. apple is truly btfoing android shit

My Samsung S5 still gets updates