>intelligent throttling based on battery's ability to provide enough current
vs.
>lmao, don't want shutdowns, gweilo? 60% for you

really activates my almonds, OP

>no choice
vs.
>choice

It's what memes are made of.

In this case, android is a cheap chain restaurant with a huge menu. you get a lot of choice, but none of the choices are that good

the iphone is a high class restaurant with a small menu.

In this case, Android is a yellow pages book that you get to choose the restaurant and food

the iphone is a cafeteria that forces you to eat a very specific thing

Hasn't "Race to idle" been proven the superior battery conservation method over clock limiting? When the screen is off modern Android uses very low clock states for any active processing such as a phone call or app update anyways.

I know my S8+ /says/ i can save like 12 minutes using this...but....out of 18+ hours of battery its a statistical insignificance.

>food analogy

>intelligent throttle
If (battery(age) > year(1))
setCpu(50%);

fucking apple brainlets are delusional

Meh, I just disable 2 cpu whores.

- Have a phone with a removable and replaceable battery
-No more complaints about phone updates throttling cpus
>B-but muh waterproofing
Get a case, tighten your soyboy grip on your phone, and stop dangling it over the toilet

There, saved you from more pointless bickering and 500+ replies.

>imagine being at computers

Oh thanks, I guess I should get the Xiaomeme Mi 5, thanks gearbest sales representative.

>2 years from now
>your note 8 is no longer receiving updates and is not supported
>my iPhone X will be fully supported for 6+ years
>both of our phones have degraded batteries. Yours will randomly shut off while mine throttles to prevent this (chances are Samsung will have copied this by then)
>both of us need to get our batteries replaced to fix this
>i go into the apple store, pay 30 dollars (or nothing if I have apple care), and have my like new phone in 30 minutes

>you meanwhile send yours into samsung (or maybe a third party as samsung might not support it anymore), pay 100$+, and wait a week for them to send it back

This upsets the Andreet.

Angry and confused itoddler thinks a device stops working if it stops receiving updates. That's what he is used to.

>itodlers are this retarded

So fat you look and see food!

>defending samsung ceasing support for a 2 year old phone that they sell for close to 1000 dollars

Pathetic

iFone is Jiro's sushi shack where you pay $500 for some smelly rice with fish and no choice

The target audience for ios wouldn't bother with this. Also, adding options for small things like this can build up and start to confuse the tech illiterate. For something like this, Apple is able to assume that almost all iphone users would prefer a slower phone over random shutdowns. Apple's fault is not with having old battery phones slow down. The fault is with Apple not communicating this properly.

t. brainwashed, naive young child

I'd rather have a working phone, thanks.

The discount is only until december 2018

>replaceable battery and waterproofing are mutually exclusive

Shamefur

Or just get a phone that doesn't randomly shut down when its battery goes shit, which is just about any Android phone released after 2013.

Android aren’t immune from the laws of physics. If the cpu pulls more power than the battery can provide, it will shut down.

Correct. The solution is to always provide enough power, by cutting the battery life.

This, i wish my phone would covertly be slowed, only a company like apple truly cares about the consumer.

The battery saver function on IOS essentially does the same

Yes, but the problem with a deteriorating battery is that it can no longer provide peak current output, which means that when under heavy load the phone may just shut off when under heavy load.
That's when you would downclock it (or just replace the battery).

>>your note 8 is no longer receiving updates and is not supported
It would still be receiving security updates, but you wouldn't understand that.

>useful feature implemented as a by product of simply brilliant engineering
>grants devices the ability to be used for 5+ years
I really don't get this, I don't own iPhone's but I've had battery issues with android phones before, I would love to have had my phone be a bit slower rather than turn off when my phone uses 4g or I take a photo.

ANDROID LOSERS LITERALLY NEED AN IPHONE SIMULATOR SWITCH!

HOW CAN ANYONE BE THIS JELLY

And even full price will be cheaper than what samsung charges

It will receive security updates for one additional year. Wow, so generous! Thank you based Samsung, keeping my 1000 dollar phone secure from exploits for a whole THREE* years

*from date of phone release, not date of purchase

I AM FAT FUCK

> 2 years from now if it didn't get out that apple was slowing phones
> Iphone X and Note 8 have degraded batteries
> Note 8 has battery replaced on samsung store
> You go to apple store, they say there is nothing wrong with your phone and you should see into buying your iPhone X+2 for $1300

Haha

>I would love to have had my phone be a bit slower rather than turn off when my phone uses 4g or I take a photo
Do I have to remind you what led to implementing the throttling, shill?

>note 8 has battery replaced on samsung store

Yes, how convenient! Just drive to one of the ten samsung stores in the US

And apple will replace your battery if you want. It’s a paid service, and is much cheaper than the one offered by samsung.

>Do I have to remind you what led to implementing the throttling, shill?
The laws of physics?

IMAGINE BEING AT COMPUTER

So I have to it seems. iPhones kept shutting down. Android phones simply never discharged low enough for that to happen, by compromising some battery life.

IMAGINE BEING A SAMEFAG
SO FAGGY YOU LOOK AND SEE COCK

This angers and confuses the Angroid.

>been this deluded
You're just wrong, android has a history of shitty battery management and intermittent shut downs. People had problems with iphone performance after updates. Stop making shit up?

>It will receive security updates for one additional year.
Or more.

The Galaxy S5 received an update in October, that's three and a half years old.
The Galaxy S4 received some updates in May and July this year, that's four and a half years old.

>apple slows down your phone and doesn't tell you
>gets caught
>about to get the shit sued out of them
>oh sawry guyz we'll fix you phone for $30 instead of $80
>idrones guzzle it up

lel ifags are retarded.

>*from date of phone release, not date of purchase
Oh and this? My iPod Touch 4th gen stopped getting updates less than a year after purchase so I dunno what your point is.

I'd rather trust Apple on this issue :^)

Yes they have to keep Pajeets happy with their handmedowns and what they found in landfill.

Meanwhile in the west, people have money and buy new phones. If you don’t, you’re literally a poorfag

Holy fuck dude, can you read?
Seriously, go read what you just linked.

TO PREVENT RANDOM SHUT DOWNS APPLE IMPLEMENTED CPU THROTTLING SO USERS DONT EXPERIENCE RANDOM SHUT DOWNS

So, exactly what I said in the first place?

iPhones never had a large issue shutting down, it was a preventative measure put in place for the customers convenience.

How about you try and defend that android phones never discharge enough to randomly shut down statement. I'd love to hear you explain the nexus 6 shutting down at 60% battery life. You know the flagship pure stock android phone.

Good to see you ended up using that argument because you can apply it straight to Apple products as well.

Great job. I think that's called shooting yourself in the foot.

>samsung playing catch up with apple trying to copy every aspect of their business
I mean its good, but why not just buy the product they are trying to mimic?

Who cares about smelly poorfags who own a 6 or 6s?
If your phone is 18-24 months old, it needs replacing. End of.

That's different.
It isn't about the amount of discharge, really. The random shutdowns could happen at 30 or 40 or 50% on iPhone.
The reason is because the current delivery of the battery decreases with wear, so when the voltage decreases as the battery discharges the maximum power output drops below what the phone draws under load, so it turns off.

I think that Android phones in general don't run so close to the current limit of the battery which is why the random shutdowns are less of a thing.

>Customer response to iOS 10.2.1 was positive, as it successfully reduced the occurrence of unexpected shutdowns.

Even Satan hates fags it seems.

Oh, so you have nothing wrong with no updates past 2 years now.

It's not about that, and for one thing Samsung are keeping the headphone jack for the foreseeable future.
It's a good idea they do too, as more major manufacturers ditch it it becomes a distinguishing feature that costs them NOTHING.

I'm sure it was. I'm also sure that many of those people ended up buying a new phone within a year because they were comparing performance with the newer iPhones, only now to find out that it was due to the battery they could have had replaced instead.

I never said anything about having issues with updates.
Don’t confuse me for this faggot: I don’t care what kind of phone you have, if it’s older than 24 months you are poor and not worth my time

All of them. Because it hasn't been known until recently that just changing the battery would restore the performance.

There was a bad 6s batch and apple acknowledged it, notified all users and offered free replacements.
apple.com/au/support/iphone6s-unexpectedshutdown/

That is like the only news for iPhone random shut downs.

I'm not sure what you're trying to imply here, its not an issue, when it was an issue it was resolved in the consumers favour. Look at the poor nexus 6 owners fighting tooth and nail years on for a fix for their phone. an issue which affects a large proportion of the community.

>posts on Sup Forums
>he can't open up a smartphone and replace the battery himself for $20

It's not fucking hard my guy, samshits new adhesive is fucking strong though.

I'm sure be a comfy stable bulid of linageOS will exist for the note8 in 1/4 years time.