/wt/ Watch Thread

This thread is about the technology of the horticulture appreciation of watches

Do you like my Christmas Seiko?

I have a solar eco and it's pretty solid. I don't wear it much though. Citizen swift ecodrive. Few years old now.

By far the best watch I could find at the time.

>my hobby is about buying expensive stuff

> watches are expensive

LOL

I guess computers and technology are free

Hopefully this will be right side up

Fuuuuuuuu

Best Slav watch? Looking to buy.

seems slick too
now I wanna get one as well

I'm going to be conscripted into military service soon, I need a watch that can manage rough outdoor use. I really don't need any special features on the watch, although stopwatch and alarm would probably be useful.
I've been thinking of buying some cheap Casio but I might get a Suunto Core since I've always been interested in owning one. Would the Suunto handle rough conditions?

>my hobby is shitposting on a thread that I would otherwise have no interest in
You're the sad one here

very cool, would definitly get a few outfits that would make me look slick as fuck

Make sure the watch is shock and water resistant
You could get a military style field watch like a Khaki King or Seiko sports field watch, but if you want stopwatch and alarm maybe a G-Shock is your best bet

I quite like this
I just need a Russian translator to see if it says water resist on the back or not

TIMEX EASY READER OR KYS

Nice, user.

My senpai got me a pic related, which I loathed at first when I saw the $375 price tag on the side of the box for a (gulp) quartz. But I have researched a bit and learned that they are all over ebay for around $130 a pop. This means I can actually wear it and not feel pretentious like it's some kind of expensive jewelry, even if they actually did pay the full price for it (I hope not).

It is titanium and it's got date display and lume so I think I will keep and wear it.

Will it kill me if I take a bath with it?

Mine

>not wearing only omega

> 1970
I legitimately think that's cool, but it's coolness is proportional to it's impracticality

Not that guy, but to be fair I just spent about $2k on PC parts and while I need a new watch I can't imagine justifying spending more than $500 on a watch. I know its a different kind of product and its for the sake of horological appreciation and craftsmanship, and maybe its just where I'm at in life right now but I dont know that I'd ever spend so much money on something like that.

Is it really necessary to have two of the exact same subreddit -- er, I mean general -- at the same time?

Is this the new °w° thread?