The Finnish Defence Forces is based on a universal male conscription...

>The Finnish Defence Forces is based on a universal male conscription. All men above 18 years of age are liable to serve either 165, 255 or 347 days. Yearly about 27,000 conscripts are trained.
>According to Finnish Defence Forces 2011 data slightly under 80% of Finnish males turned 30 had entered and finished the military service.

does your country have conscription army?

do you feel that your countrys young male population could use something like conscription army to teach discipline etc?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukho_(island)
youtube.com/watch?v=MLGl0PwfxZc
youtube.com/watch?v=ppAJ7cnCrjo
youtube.com/watch?v=oFnf-FYw5yU
youtube.com/watch?v=xjooM1w-0VM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Holy fuck thank God no, can't imagine someone actually telling me what to do without any choice. Absolutely surreal to me.

who are they trained to fight? Polar bears?

>C-papers
I will never learn to fold sheets properly.

I wish we had conscription like Israel, so all the fat girls would lose weight.

russians

we are trained to defend Finland from an unknown enemy from the east

good times

No because we have a professional army like every civilized country.

>tfw they come from west

and how is your country more civilized than Finland?

I kinda wish we had national service. Too many entitled millennial shitheads and "oi yeh nah fuck da police aye cunt" people running around.

the
>unknown foreign threat

1.Yes
2.Maybe

We have same's

I feel somewhat bad about it though.

this is how conscription would look like if america had it.

no
our country hasnt any military.

>24 hour fast food
>same day shipping

get rekt

We don't have conscription or a wartime draft system, "neutrality" bants

I have heard from military people in UK that national service greatly waters down quality of troops, but they provided few proofs so take that with a grain of salt

same day shipping is possible if you live in southern Finland. not sure about that 24/7 fast food but i don't eat burgers

>I don't eat burgers.
Probably for the best. That would be cannibalism.

>right to keep and bear arms
That´s the big one. We are serfs, only allowed arms at the mercy of government.

>national service greatly waters down quality of troops
of course it does, but winland is too poor for a professional army

quantity >>> quality when it comes to 30k or 500k soldiers

italy
1. no more
2. yes

>not sure about that 24/7 fast food but i don't eat burgers
See this is why I will never live anywhere but America. If I want a cheeseburger and hashbrowns at 3:55AM I should be able to have it within 10 minutes tops. Anything less is literal barbarism.

I wish we did. Bet it would have a good effect on the culture.
Definitely would have sped up my learning to not be a shithead, at least.

Russian soldiers will run your machine guns until they melt. After that they will kill all the men and rape all the women. Life is a Russian soldier is worth less than the set of his ammunition, and it allows you to overcome any opponent.

The whole point with the 2nd amendment is to keep the government from going tyrannical

how is the finnish government gonna go tyrannical when it has no army

Truthfully the conscription model is not very reliable because Finland's limited resources, geography and the nature of modern military conflict don't allow Finland to stalemate the enemy through long-term guerilla warfare let alone a direct confrontation.

Yes

No I'm not more disciplined now. All I've learned his how to murder people efficiently without wasting ammo and how to drink crazy amounts of beer.

>how is the finnish government gonna go tyrannical when it has no army
No need for an army when the populace is armed with bows, kitchen knives and baseball bats.

I couldn't get all my things neatly in my locker on the first day. That's when I realized I'm not cut out and need some C in my life. No regrets.

Tell that to Kaiser Wilhelm in WW1. I can't remember the exact quote, but he called the British Army of 150k troops pathetic and ended up getting BTFO.

>Russian soldiers will run your machine guns until they melt. After that they will kill all the men and rape all the women. Life is a Russian soldier is worth less than the set of his ammunition, and it allows you to overcome any opponent.
i've heard that before

>bönde riots
>government has about 3 cops and 10 soldiers against every couple hundred civilians (who have military training themselves)
this will go well

Russians didn't have cruise missiles back then.

>No need for an army when the populace is armed with bows, kitchen knives and baseball bats.
Nigga, we do have guns, quite lots of them in fact. Just not murrican style where every inbred psychopath can shart into walmart to get grenade launchers.

Tfw you have Mannerheim plaque in you city

we will find a way

Who won that war?

USSR

>grandpa is in conscript british army
>he is on a field exercise
>his platoon has about 3 useless layabouts
>they settle in for the night
>4am it's time to move
>everyone gets up and starts moving
>about 10 minutes in squad leaders start to do a headcount
>they are missing 3
>all bets to who it is
>they go back to get them
>they aren't there
>they spend 20 minutes looking around the area for them
>get ambushed by the enemy
>it turns out they got up and when they realised what happened they started wandering around instead of staying put
>they found another platoon
>they thought it was the platoon from their company
>they told them everything when asked
>it wasn't

I'm glad we don't

U S A

Exactly.

>300 tractors captured

Gee. I wonder who won, a country with 4 million people who had been independent for two decades, or country with population of 300 million which had USA trembling in its boots for half a century?

>my country is weak
>their country is strong
>so it's not fair

whatever

It was a decent attack attempt and a lot of ruskies got killed, so that's a bonus

USSR did fail their objective in Winter War, which was to annex Finland. Continuation war is a decisive soviet victory though since they were on the defensive.

Yeah, whatever. The whole question "who won" is completely retarded when best case scenario for the other side was to retain independence at any cost.

If you can't make it in the world your country shouldn't exist.

i'm with you on this one, finland should've had totally invaded russia

Good Finland

And we retained independence and quite little cost in the end. Whereas for example France or Germany did not. I wonder who deserves to exist in the end?

Finland does deserve to exist more than france or germany desu

>implying rioting will ever take place
Finns will comply with future firearms legislation, turning in their "illegal" arms with pleasure.

>Nigga, we do have guns, quite lots of them in fact.
Firearms ownership is diminishing year by year, largely due to unneccessary tightening of gun laws as a knee-jerk reaction to recent school shootings.

>Just not murrican style where every inbred psychopath can shart into walmart to get grenade launchers.
>implying
GTA is not an accurate depiction of America.

We didn't siege Leningrad. If we wanted to we could have cut off the road of life or whatever and killed all the millions of inhabitants.

why is finland there

correct me if I'm wrong but weren't we supposed to cut supply routes up north and even refused to do that?

>If you can't make it in the world your country shouldn't exist.
But we made it, nigel. Rose from poor agricultural country to one of the best to live in under 50 years after three wars

>knee-jerk reaction to recent school shootings.
this is so fucking retarded to me

>there was a school shooting in america
>finland needs to change it's gun laws
?

???

No, but if you're male, you do have to register with the selective service system when you turn 18 even if you're not a citizen. Even illegal immigrants are required to register.

>???
Retards, that´s the problem. Democracy equals rule of the feeble-minded grey masses with an IQ that´s barely sufficient for graduating Amis.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukho_(island)

It would certainly make a man out of many of our millennials. My fought in Afghanistan but he's a degenerate with a death wish. Really it should be up to the individual, unless it's defcon 5

*brother

i wish we had that here. seems like a good way to learn basic survival skills, self-defense, teamwork/comradery, and bridge gaps between people of different socioeconomic/ethnic/geographic gackgrounds

>tfw quit boy scouts the first day because all we did was pointless arts and crafts

The only way this would work in America if it was for some useless branch of defense, like the National Guard.

youtube.com/watch?v=MLGl0PwfxZc
>you will never again be woken up by this

Yes, but I did everything in my power not to join it.

flashbacks

lol

youtube.com/watch?v=ppAJ7cnCrjo
>you will never again be woken up by this

we used to do that shit too

>be me turning 18
>receive notice to report my my local military office for conscription
>go over there
>tell them that my family does not serve communists or kikes
>avoid military service

Not 1 hour of my life was wasted to this useless shit

it was much worse when you had morning jogging 3 minutes after waking up every single morning

VICTORY!!!

>Really it should be up to the individual, unless it's defcon 5
I agree with you except you have your DEFCON backwards

what was your assignment?

mitä tää jäbä oikein duunaa

signalman in airforces

That feel when we had to do it too, but in full gear minus the gun because Tukik. has to be more manly than the jaegars.

tupalaiset tehnyt jäynän laittamalla patjan jakkaran sisälle ja se ei sieltä tule helposti pois

I can get food 24/7, delivered to my house.

We had that in NCO school, but not before or afterwards in the base unit.

Shit was shit especially when it was wet and/or cold.

What, did you break your leg?

kiusaaks ne sitä koska b-tuvassa on tylsää ja se on samein kaikista

We realized during 'Nam that conscripts made for shitty soldiers if they weren't fighting defensively, and considering it's geographically impossible to invade the US we'll never need it again

kaikkia siellä kiusataan ihan yhtä paljon

So how did the Mexicans come in?

We wanted tacos and people to pick our crops for us, so eh

Low BMI.

Next hyperwar when?

youtube.com/watch?v=oFnf-FYw5yU

army was fun.

conscription for women when?

>do you feel that your countrys young male population could use something like conscription army to teach discipline etc?

utter fucking bullshit.
bydlos are bydlos and will remain bydlos, they are disgusting, subhuman and uncivilized regardless of respective martial discipline, even in combatant roles.

that being said we still need conscription and it's not all terrible but the bydlos make it quite bad

who /sapper/ here

good times

youtube.com/watch?v=xjooM1w-0VM

1. Not anymore

2. yes very

But that's sexist, Pierre.

Didn't you guys literally get turbo cucked and lost 10% of your territory and your northern coast?

You pretty much became """land-locked""" with your only way out being through Denmark.