>Nexus 6
>first released November 2014
>not gimped

>iPhone 5S
>released september 2013
>gimped

/thread. go away shill

>iPhone 5S
Not gimped if you replace the battery after 2-3 years, which you should be doing on any phone.

>Nexus 6
Not receiving OS updates or security updates, so gimped whether you replace your battery or not.

Fuck off, google shill. Why don't you update phones that are 3 years old?

>Why don't you update phones that are 3 years old?
qualcomm being jews and withholding driver support for socs

I just replaced the battery in my Nexus 6 today, go figure.

Running lineage OS

Still haven't found a suitable replacement for it.

>1440p AMOLED 5.94" screen
>Quick charge and qi charging
>Stero front facing speakers
> Headphone jack

Maybe in the next year or so I'll finally replace it

>nexus 6
>released in 2014
>runs at 100% initial speed

>iphone 5S
>released 2013
>runs at 50% initial speed

oy vey

>still fully supported and updated
Yeah, to tank its speeds so that you'll want to upgrade to a newer phone.

No person who respects himself keeps stock android anyway.

If both phones were used consistently since then without battery replacement, the iPhone 5s would likely be throttled. But the Nexus battery would likely be dead, or at best the phone would shut down randomly and be unable to perform demanding tasks. It’s completely inaccurate to describe the nexus as running at 100% speed.

>iPhone still receives updates
>nexus doesn’t
>somehow this is evidence of the iPhone having planned obsolescence but not the nexus

Holy shit, is your IQ below 75?

Meanwhile in the smartphone general, they are discussing how lineageOS is “perfect on the one plus 5t except the camera doesn’t work at all”.

What a great solution.

Fun fact, the testing done on iPhones reported that 5s performance is not gimped, but 6 through 7+ is.
Just a little tidbit for you all.

works fine without updates.

*damage control intensifies*

cbsnewyork.files.wordpress.com/2017/12/applesuit.pdf

>the phone isn't slowed down at all after the updates and the "support"
youtu.be/VYQgn8J6zbU
t. THE ultimate apple shill himself

>Nexus 6
>gets faster over time through updates
>iPhone 5S
>gets slower over time through updates
Explain this

Isn't Apple getting sued for those updates at this exact moment?

Meanwhile most people don't care because their carrier gives them a new phone every 1-2 years.

He said it unknowingly almost two years before the whole throttling fiasco. Even he doubted himself and couldn't believe the possibility of his beloved Apple throttling the phone with each update on purpose.
What a sad irony.

>no mention of 5s
Also I was the person who made the original thread about the lawsuits here: Here you go dude, IMG_0390. First entry in the archive for that link

Does the software become heavier, slowing the phone and affecting battery life on the 5s? Yes , absolutely I agree with you.
Is there evidence of throttling on the 5S? No there is not. The testing done by reddit and Geekbench showed that only i6 through i7+ are affected, as previously stated.

Certainly, brainlet. You see, batteries degrade over time. This results in lower battery life, random shutdown in demanding tasks, and battery death. There are two ways to account for this, you either just let the phone occasionally randomly die, or you throttle the phone. Apple, after years of trying the former, has started implementing the latter as of iOS 10.2.1.

Of course, none of this is an issue if you replace the battery when you need to. So when you replace the battery on both phones, the iPhone 5s will be a good as new, fully functional and supported phone, while the Nexus will be an unsupported, un-updated phone unless you install a third party OS which will have many problems of its own.

wow

10.2.1 was designed to address i6s shutdowns only.

As stated here:There is no evidence of throttling on the 5s as tested by Reddit, Geekbench and Futuremark.

you're trying too hard

pic related: (You)

What is this clit stimulation forum and why am I compelled to walk that way?

>There is no evidence of throttling on the 5s as tested by Reddit, Geekbench and Futuremark.
How are those metrics of real world use in any way at all?

If I was that person, why would I be using a 5s in the year 2017?
Your claims don’t match up with reality.

I’m giving it 1-2 years max unit google and samsung copy apple and start throttling phones with degraded batteries. Because actually, a throttled phone is better than a dead phone or a phone that randomly dies at 40%

>b-but then i wont know when to update.

Your OS will know when to upgrade and it will tell you. That’s what apple is doing.

Do Android phones have magic batteries that don't degrade? Because my 3 year old Zenfone 2 runs smooth and has no problems shutting off or anythin

Why is the person in this comic too brainlet to install a new battery for 29$ instead of buying a new phone?

>Taking Apple's lube-before-fuck explanations as facts and defending them
I bet you also believe that they "bravely" removed the headphone jack for design thinness, saving space, and having a better seal from the environment.
lmao.

You realise this whole fiasco was based on Geekbench scores right?

reddit.com/r/iphone/comments/7inu45/psa_iphone_slow_try_replacing_your_battery/
Here’s the original post which started the ball rolling.

Not sure if bait but I'll bite anyway: isn't the only lawsuit filed against aplul. Many mention the 5, 5C, and 5S.

Simply put, iOS 6 variants of these phones objectively perform faster in real world use compared to those on 11. And that's what those lawsuits are claiming.

You read it wrong. Try again [smiley face with a carat]

Because iPhones are pieces of shit that are glued together

>Simply put, iOS 6 variants of these phones objectively perform faster in real world use compared to those on 11. And that's what those lawsuits are claiming.
And I would agree with you wholeheartedly that this is the case. But as I’ve said, the testing done by Reddit, Futuremark and Geekbench show that raw performance unrelated to the actual UX is unaffected on the 5s.
Could the system be heavier and more taxing in later revisions, making the UX slower? Yes, absolutely. But it’s unrelated to throttling, until there’s fresh evidence that shows the 5s is affected also.

The Zenfone 2 was released in the US 2 and a half years ago so your phone is at most 2 and a half years old. It’s quite possible for a phone to still have a mostly intact battery after 2.5 years depending on usage and charging habits. Nonetheless if you google any android phone randomly shutting off you’ll find a plethora of results.

Charged the 5S im currently on last night before bed. Never replaced the battery. Never experienced slowdowns. I don't understand what all this slowing down/ battery shit is. The battery on this thing has served me well since early 2015.

And is that person too brainlet to go to an apple store, give them 29 dollars and walk out 30 minutes later with a brand new battery installed?

Damn, I tried making my post as brainlet-proof as possible but it appears that this brainlet is still unable to process it and has instead decided to shitpost about an unrelated product

What’s your condition like mate?
Mines a 2015 too, at about 900 cycles

The famous EE iphone poster

>OP makes a good point about google/android fucking over their user base with a pathetic 2 years of support

>thread gets derailed

And they say Sup Forums is filled with apple shills

How’s it going?

Turns out I have more cycles than I realised. Were they using better batteries in the i5s or something?

The battery life of a phone can vary dramatically depending on your charging habits.

The iPhone is designed to last 500 charge cycles before it degrades to a point tha it will impact performance. This assumes 100% depth of discharge, that is, you let the battery go from 100% to 0% each time. But if you only partially discharge (say, to 50%) this will have a big positive increase on the life of the battery.

Except it does. Just werkz on my oneplus 5 and camera is just fine

I’m at 96% capacity on 1034 cycles.
I’d call that a golden battery.

What's the SOT?

Interesting. How do you usually charge your phone, do you leave it to go to 0% or usually charge it at the end of every day?

I just leave it plugged in overnight normally, maybe a spot charge if I’m out and about.
Breakdown here:

see

Brainlet, you are in the wrong forum. Go to Sup Forums and complain about your failed lobotomy.

My Nexus 6 is still fucking GOAT

Yeah, a perfectly functional phone gimped by google because they only support phones for 2 years.

Meanwhile apple supports phone for up to 5 years as long as they can still run everything fine.

I bet the current generation of iphone will be supported for 6+ years given how powerful they are.

iGimpgate was well known before autists spammed the gookbench results.

gookbench is in no way able to measure real world performance of a phone (see phonebuff 5T vs X). People reported throttling on older iPhones before but nobody paid any attention to it because few took the time to compare the same iPhone with different iOS versions like did.

Anyway I have owned the 4s, 5C, SE, and 6. I'm getting a 5T tomorrow and will never buy another iPhone ever again. I'm on iOS 9 specifically because of all this BS and apple keeps mocking me by not letting me update apps I already have. Fuck apple, seriously.

Why is that? I went for the n6 and loved it, and now I am on the Moto z which basically runs stock. This is my third Motorola phone in a row and I am actually pretty happy with it. The z was 250€ and after a hard reset in the beginning I can't complain about it.

see

He's a fucking nerd but it is a good idea as it makes most android phones perform faster since they don't have to struggle with bloat and shitty UIs.

> I'm getting a 5T tomorrow and will never buy another iPhone ever again. I'm on iOS 9 specifically because of all this BS and apple keeps mocking me by not letting me update apps I already have. Fuck apple, seriously

You fucking brainlet. Your one plus 5t will be supported for 2 years. meanwhile iPhones are supported for 5 years. And again, there is no throttling if you just update your battery when you need to.

See:

Oh and when I say 2 years, I mean 2 years from time of release, not time of sale. So get ready to either install a pajeet OS or buy a new phone in 1 year and ten months.

Meanwhile even an old iPhone 6 will still be fully supported and not throttled if you replace your battery when you need to.

>Nexus 6
>wasn't made obsolete by the updates
>can install unofficial updates if you want

>any iPhone
>running in damage control mode this entire month

See:

Unless you can update iOS to Android you'll stay with a crippled phone.

Any android handset is viable. Just have to get a rom and customize it to your needs. = £100
Only one handset will do, the £800 one, and be ready for the slowdowns, coz apple, coz you have no other better options.
>poorfag status = winning

If iOS is so great why are you paid to defend it?

Only one apple handset*

Factually incorrect. See:

The fact is Apple is being sued because it hid hardware problems.

Please brainlet. Try and engage your brain. I know you have no sense of business whatsoever.

How much would apple gain by advertising on fucking Sup Forums?

How much would it cost to pay the shills minimum wage?

How much would apple lose if they were discovered, both from fines and from publicity? (Pretty likely if they’re just paying minimum wage shills)

I feel stupid for even taking your post seriously. But sadly, a lot of people on here actually believe that apple employs people to shitpost on Sup Forums.

>reddit spacing
Try again.

>Apple is being sued
I can sue anyone for any reason. Doesn’t mean I will be successful.

> because it hid hardware problems

Actually no. It was included in the release notes for iOS 10.2.1

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paragraph

t. nervous-looking Apple employee
>Actually no.
Then it wouldn't be sued. Easy.

Didn't read your blogposts, anyway enjoy your iGimpphones. The best feature about my 5T will be charging to 60% in 30 minutes.

>a line is a paragraph
Dumb phoneposter.

Actually the best feature of 5T is 10 hours of screen on time so you don't actually need that fast charging.

I’m sorry that you don’t understand how suing works.

Someone being sued isn’t evidence of wrongdoing. They have to be sued successfully.

Average andreet: bases his purchasing decisions off of news headline he didn’t read and brags about a feature that all modern phones have.

>Someone being sued isn’t evidence of wrongdoing.
The damage control is though.

So why does my dad's 2 year old iPhone 6S+ need to be a slow piece of shit even after a factory reset?

>$29 for a new battery at the Applel store

It's not gimped it actually runs perfectly fine. The camera is a little fucked but that's a mechanical problem due to some bumps. I mean it is indeed a 4yo phone.

I use rapid charging every day and my android doesn't have these problems.

Throttling the phones with degraded batteries is not wrongdoing. It is attempting to partially solve one inevitable hardware issue (battery degradation) with what apple perceives to be a less worse alternative (throttling).

As mentioned several times, this same issue exists for all smartphones and can be solved by replacing the battery. Arguably the only bad thing apple did is not telling people. Although they did publish it in iOS 10.2.1 release notes.

The idea that they did this to get people to buy new phones doesn’t make any sense though.

Two phones have a degraded a battery. One of them randomly shuts down when put under stress, the other is throttled and therefore a bit slower.

Are you telling me you’re more likely to buy a new phone with the latter?

Because a factory reset doesn’t fix the degraded battery, you fucking brainlet. You need to REPLACE THE BATTERY. Go to your apple store, pay them 29 dollars and the phone will be back to normal.

Then I guess your battery hasn’t degraded yet, brainlet.

You either haven't actually read the lawsuit or a shill.

nice blogpost, how do I unsubscribe?

How has life been since you had your lobotomy?

Is it a rhetorical question or are you asking for help with your condition?

The lawsuit is potentially bad news for apple’s shareholders.

But why the fuck do i, a consumer care about that?

Is a consumer who knows that he needs to replace his battery every few years negatively affected by throttling of phones with degraded batteries? No

Why are you posting all this shit that is only relevant to apple shareholders? Apple is up 40% this year, I assure you they will be fine

Ok, shill. Customers noticed that their phones kept slowing down. When they asked what's the problem, they were never told it's the battery, they were advised to buy a new phone. This is the nature of the lawsuit.

How come my Nexus 5 doesn't suffer any of those side effects except for reduced battery life?
Charged once or twice daily depending on how much I've used it for the past almost 4 years.

>fully updated and fully throttled goy!

Once again, why do I care about this lawsuit as an informed customer?

I know that if my phone slows down, it is due to battery degradation. I am able to measure this using Geekbench. Soon they will release a new feature in the OS which shows you exactly your battery capacity and lets you know when your phone will be throttled. Should they have done this originally? Yes. But that’s apples’ shareholders problem, not mine.

Headphone jack is the main reason I won't upgrade in a couples years.

dont cost much to replace a battery

>I know that if my phone slows down, it is due to battery degradation
You don't. Now you do, but you didn't until this month. Until this was uncovered and led to the lawsuit. You just assumed it simply got slower with time.

I dont know. Maybe you didn’t let the phone fully discharge each time which would enable the phone to have thousands of life cycles. Maybe you are never doing anything on your phone that would demand a lot more processing power than usual and as a result you haven’t experienced the issue yet.

But please dont act like your personal anecdote, and data point of 1, somehow invalidates actual science.

The software of apple was always excelent.
Now it's shit too, but used to be excelent.

it's the hardware where they fuck up hard.

How come my psp 1000 with the original battery doesn't die randomly? Still gets a little over 2 hours per charge too.

It's because he's full of shit.