I need urgent help

I need urgent help.
My GPU is being used for mining crypto's and I don't know what to do.
Basically my fan is on all the time and I get 10 percent of the performance I normally get during games. Now this is where it gets interesting, if I disable my internet connection, it's suddenly normal again. However, the miner doesn't show up on task manager and my GPU usage is shown as what it's supposed to be at all times, which means whoever did this has some kind of backdoor access to my GPU.
I'm 100% sure this is something malicious because I torrented something yesterday and the problem started after that.
Scanned whole system with MB, Defender, searched for shady looking stuff, nothing. How the fuck do I deal with this botnet bullshittery?

I'm going to run DDU now and hope that removes the miner along with the drivers and check the thread again.

Is just reinstalling your os a problem? If it is try booting linux from a usb stick and see if the problem persists.

Install ubuntu my friend.

Free your mind and your ass will follow.

Install Gentoo

reinstall windows you retard

Is your torrent client still running?

Don't put that trash back on there.

I reinstalled my drivers after running DDU just now, I'll try running some games again.
It's always a choice but I'd rather try to solve this issue without doing that first.
Nice meme.
No. My client is qbittorrent btw. Is it known for this kind of stuff?

at

Install duck duck go

LOTS of torrent clients mine crypto

The problem persists. Maybe it's a coincidence and something is wrong with my wifi adapter, i'm going to try running a wired connection now and see if it's still there. If so, then there's definitely a miner running in my machine.

This doesn't work either. There's definitely a miner in my PC and I searched everywhere for it. This fucking nigger is literally making money off my computer while I'm trying to find a solution to remove it.

So you downloaded a game, and now they mine with your card no matter what game you run? Or only the one you pirated?

No, my GPU is always running hot if there's an internet connection, games running worse is a result of that. But it doesn't show up in task manager's GPU usage column, it just happens to have some sort of backdoor access to the GPU.

nuke your fucking drives, do a clean install of windows right now and stop making cripto for some russian fucker

I'm an idoit so forgive this theory but is it possable for someone to inject some lines of code into the GPU bios itself to mine that way?

is the tool hijackthis still relevant these day

You are fucked then.
For curiosity, where did you download the game from? Was it a trusted uploader and/or site?
Anyway, don't bother looking for a solution, you'll probably lose many hours if you ever find it, pic is faster 100% thorough.

what fuck is wrong with you dude?

DL a distro you can live boot into and see if the problem persists.

its a basic troubleshooting step that will eliminate about 90% of possible problems.

for fucks sake, just do it.

do you into a doctors office complaining of chest pain but when the doctor tries to listen to your breathing you tell him to fuck off too?

"I'd rather try to solve this issue without doing that first."

for fucks sake men, you dense or something?

he could boot into distro and the fan control might not be setup so it runs at full speed anyway

Do you really think that's the solution that should be tried right away? It could literally just be an executable hidden somewhere that can be deleted.

Do you just not know what live booting is?

I know what live booting is, and how is it related to the topic? Look if you aren't going to help please stop replying, my computer is literally getting fucked by l33t h4x0rs as we're talking.

what tools could be run after live booting to detect the virus

REINSTALL YOU FUCKING NIGGER
In the time you already spent here you could have done it already.
We are not wizards, run a fucking AV if you want and if that doesn't work you are fucked, no one will tell you what file to remove because no one knows.

Sup Forums doesn't know how to remove a virus? okay

Download Trinity rescue kit, burn to a disk or write to a USB, boot into it and scan your drive. Or avg rescue CD. Should fix it.

Did you even read the post you replied to? He said to live boot.

No one in the entire world knows how to remove a virus that you don't even know what it is, are we supposed to guess?
Try luck with an AV or reinstall, there isn't another solution.
And next time don't download games from russian botnets.

It's just a troubleshooting method. It's to make sure it's not any number of hardware problems.

Honestly in my opinion once you have any kind of malware your system is compromised. You can never be sure you've fully rid yourself of everything. You're better off just reinstalling.

how has nobody said this yet
you obviously have a fucking rootkit and nobody

try spybot if its a shit one it'll come up and be clean again
then hope it didnt infect your files

spybot won't work if its half decent so use trinity or similar like said
it has rootkit hunter, which should do the trick

So if I really have a rootkit it won't be fixed if I reinstall, correct?

Why are you so dead set on not reinstalling? This thread is almost two hours old, you could have reinstalled by now and been done with it.

I had a mining script hidden in my laptop that was using my processor to mine for Monero. I think it was called "brominer" or some shit like that. Windows defender took care of it.

>takes two hours to reinstall
lol
zeroing out the drive and writing a backup image takes 30 minutes max

kike

I didn't say it would take this long, I said it would be done by now.

Enjoy your botnet dipshit

I can guess how to remove it if you want,
In this situation I would:

Check what happens under another OS to rule out hardware problems.
Check what happens under safe mode to try establish a limited set of processes it must be within, or a limited set of processes it isn't within.
Check the startup programs, in every single startup system Windows has (there's a few if I recall correctly, look them up). Remove everything you possibly can and see if it stops.
Check the services, viruses seem to love those. Disable everything you can and see if it stops.
Check the process tree using Process Explorer to see if any process is launching a strange child process it shouldn't be launching.
Check the GPU usage with Process Explorer & your drivers to see if anyone else has a better measuring system. Perhaps Process Explorer's per-process GPU memory usage would do it? It's probably a lot harder to hide memory usage.

But honestly I'd probably only do that out of curiosity. Even if I found it and removed it I could never be 100% sure it hadn't used any number of tricks to entrench itself such that I could never find and remove all of it. I simply don't know enough about the deep recesses of Windows to establish with 100% certainty that it hadn't done that (if you can even establish that). And if I get that wrong and it's still there, I'm giving it free reign to do anything, up to and including cryptolocking my files at a later date.

Open up task manager and see wtf is running, you dense idiot. Don't use Task manager, use something better like Process Hacker and see if you see anything suspicious. It should also show you what process is using up all of your CPU

Maybe if you """"reinstall"""" without formating like a pleb.
Run that fucking rootkil scanner they told you.
If doesn't work, full re-installation formatting the disk.
Worst case scenario that the rootkit is a bootkit, low-level format and make sure to rewrite the MBR, but I vert much doubt it is that sophisticated, probably a normal format will do.

>implying he has a backup image
Please, it is pretty obvious he doesn't or this thread would not exist, but he could install in 20min and set everything up in 20-60.

>set everything up
do your backups not include everything set up already?
i take backup of vanilla install, then again after theming and installing all software so if it happens (which it doesnt) all I have to do is reimage, and reinstall whatever shitty game im using windows for

but yes i was just being smug

OP here, I'm just going to format my OS drive and reinstall like a fucking dog, tomorrow since I'm too tired now. Well, it was annoying because my whole night is ruined, fucking chink hackers win again.

Run Malwarebytes

If nothing found run MSConfig and check what apps and services run at startup. Disable everything non-Microsft and reboot. If it fixes go through each app and service one at a time until you find the culprit.

u kiddies are so ignorant.
>reinstall
how about middlefinger.jpg?
i value my time.
>not having kaspersky internet security plus malwarbytes plus 3 more anti-malware apps
i rekt like 10 crypto miners in my days of pirating.

u idiots are so dumb.

Seriously why do you even expose yourself to chink hackers.

Use literally any other OS.

But is right though, once you have been compromised nothing can be trusted again. Any file anywhere could have been tampered with including your bootloader. AV's only remove what they know about, and even if they find something there could be a secondary payload that it misses.

The only way to restore complete trust in the system is to wipe it and reinstall so you know the origin of every file on there.

Close down any Sup Forums tabs and see if that works, Hiro supposedly is using Sup Forums to mine bitcoins.