Shaving is tech

Shaving is tech

Why do YOU still use globalist blastigg razors?

You're not a man for wetshaving, fuckboy. A thread died for this.

What's with soyboys and their obsession with wetshaving?

A grown man can get a good shave with cheap Good News razors and a one dollar can of Barbasol with aloe.

>soyboy suddenly thinks he is cool for doing something normal
shoo

Which is planned more for obsolescence, an iPhone or Gillette razor blade

What's with soyboys and their hatred for wetshaving? Only a real man takes the time and care to maintain their appearance properly rather than cucking themselves out to Gillette or looking like a disgusting greasy neckbeard.

Buy my 69 blade ultra super shaver plus, user

>blastigg

>b-but my tasteful designer razor blade holders
You'll grow up soon enough.

just burn it all out with IPL or electrolysis

one of these for when im on leave

whatever gillette sent me on my 18th for daily use at work. no shaving cream, just hot water

Why are there so many cheap versions of these and not any of pic related?

>get in shower with small mirror
>hit desired shaving area with warm/hot water for a minute or two
>lather up with preferred foam/gel/semen
>cut with and against grain while cleaning blade in between swipes
>apply decent moisturizer when you're done

People who think this is an expression of faux manliness are idiots. It's cheaper AND more effective.

>picking a edwin jagger over a merkur
enjoy your slippery handle
I'll be safe with my textured grip

You can prolong the life of the blades by wiping them down after every use and just keeping them dry in general. I paid $20 for a pack of astra blades back in Feb of 2016 and I'm still only 30% through the whole thing
>this confuses and enrages the gillette shill

shhh.. dont tell generation soy, let them figure it out

I get my shit from Dollar shave club

What razor does Sup Forums use? Gillette handle with feather blades over here.

interesting I just brought a safety razor for $7 off ebay today you a wizard op?

straight edge

>Gillette handle with feather blades
Where were you when razor mods and vaping mods started appealing to the same subset of people.

I use an electric shaver. It works fine. I barely get any facial hair though despite being of wizard age.

I am confused on which I should buy. On one hand I love the closeness of a razor blade, but I like the convenience of not having to buy replacement razors with the electric one. Which should I go with?

merkur 34c with gilette super stainless 7oclock (the russian ones, not the arab ones)

semogue owners club to lather mitchell's wool fat

>not using pic related
plebs

>shaving with a banana
what a fruit

it complements his apple products

idk y but that made me laugh out loud

wtf is that?

still need replacement blades for an electric.
Safety razor blades are cheap as fuck too.

Anyone have a favorite brand of blades? I got this grab bag and I've been trying different varieties. The 'Lord Classic' is probably the best so far and Derby the worst

tips fedora

Feather blades are fantastic

You do need replacement blades for an electrical razor. You don't have to swap every 3-4 shaves but it's not going to last forever. Plain normal razor blades are cheap as fuck though, I just order a 100 pack for like 7$ off of amazon once a year and I'm done. It's really fucking cheap to shave with compared to pretty much every other options.

Safety Razors also have the advantage that they gently exfoliate your face while you are shaving, so they actively prevent bad skin and shit like pimples from ever forming. On the other hand your morning routine will take a bit longer than if you just quickly turned on an electrical razor.

Feathers are by far the best blades out there.

>t. Fedora tipper that has used a straight razor and a DE razor for 15 years

Anyone else here have extremely course/strong rooted facial hair? I have a merkur safety razor at the moment with feather blades and still can't go against the grain. Everything I've ever tried has cut me up or at least caused a lot of irritation/lasting redness if I try.

Yes I'm in a similar boat, especially down the centre of my neck
I've never had a "perfect" shave down there, it's very annoying. Any attempt to go against the grain three just results in me cutting myself

I don't even grow a decent beard but I get shadow half way through the day because of it. Its fucking annoying. I just can't win clean shaven or bearded. At the moment I maintain the stubble with an electric trimmer mostly

No straight razors in here. For shame anons. Its a little tricky to get used to, but once you do there is literally no going back. No throw away razors, just strop it a few times and get to shaving. Disposable razors made my neck break out in irritation but once I came into the magic of straight razors I never looked back.

I do. The trick is to shave after a shower. Just before you get out, blast your face and neck with water as hot as you can stand. It helps to open everything up and soften the hairs a little bit. Do not try to shave with any more then a days growth if you're like me and can actually grow facial hair. Trim with clippers no guard pre-shower.
>b-b-but hot water dries your skin out
Moisturize your skin afterwards. Nivea sensitive skin is pretty decent. I'll always rub a dab of Moroccan oil on my face after a shave too, since thats the main product I use when I'm growing out a beard, and it really helps with any dandruff. Rub any remains on my face and scalp as well and have nice soft, hydrated skins as a result.

I have a job that forces me to be clean shaven every day while I'm working in the refineries in the area. And I fucking hate shaving. Even those high end Gillette razor blades fuck me up, just ends up with so much irritation. Whenever I am laid off, I grow out an epic ginger beard and love life. But a good beard is a lot of work, such is good skin while shaving errday.

>gilletes aren't used wet

I do all of that, bathe my brush/razor in hot water too while I shower etc. Literally everything you can do to help I already do and it doesn't make a difference

Do you use shaving cream or no? At first I found shaving without cream to be harsh, but now I can't do it any other way.

>Anyone else here have extremely course/strong rooted facial hair?
I use Wahl clippers. No joke.

I've tried without too just to see how it would go but it wasn't pleasant at all and had a worse end result. I do use cream, which I've compared to cheap foams and you name it in between.
yeah that's what I do often with my Philips

cheap 0.1 usd ones

i buy line 20 of them

>bowing to societal whims
>bowing to females expectations
I let it grow and trim with scissors.
No prickles or shaving again every 1-3 days.

It also helps that I live in a sub zero zone and I have a blonde beard so I dont look like a arab.

>shaving
>being an unmanly effeminate cuckold
pick two

soy in the boy, rajeesh

>I have a blonde beard so I dont look like a arab.
DELET

You shave with just water and have really coarse and thick beard hair? Really?
I've tried every kind of highly rated razor blade under the sun and I can't find any that glide through my hair, they always get caught and pull and it's just all around super unpleasant. I can't even imagine trying to shave without soap, it sounds like I'd just fuck up my entire skin trying to get a clean shave.

It's cool brother, italians make good lasagna and pasta.

Wow you poor bastard. Old trick I've heard is to use warm vegetable oil after a shower to use in place of cream. Or try a bottle of higher end shaving oil, the main reason for irritation is lack of lubrication while shaving and dryness after. I really hope this helps you out user cause I know how much shitty shaves suck, I used to have a neck as red as a stop light until I figured it out.

>italians
I'm whiter though, Spaniard. Having a blonde beard must be a ladies magnet.

Is there a non-proprietary razor?

Just use a homemade candle together with a metal string of your choosing

thanks mate I do really appreciate the suggestions. I'll give that a go and maybe shell out for some expensive stuff on my birthday (feb)

>tfw have to shave every day and no time or will to enjoy a nice shave

The last time a razor touched my face was towards the end of November very shortly before I got laid off from my last job.

Everyone is different, some people need to use shaving cream, some people can shave anytime anywhere, some need to use oils. Me, I shave best after a hot shower and running my razor under lukewarm water every rinse with an after treatment of moroccan oil. The trick is to find what works for you and that is harder for some then others.

>moroccan oil

Are you a gnome?

Who cares about beard hair, what about nose hair?
Is it worth getting one of those nose hair clippers?
I've always just plucked them out with a pair of tweezers

To reiterate, the main thing while shaving if you can proper facial hair is to have patience. Thicker hairs need more time, and this is where a quality straight razor can shine if properly utilized. I carved my face up a bit at the beginning but once I got the technique down; its like breathing.

Hey what werks, werks mang. Don't knock it.

Fuck, tallest gnome in the world at 6'5".
>finger guns

>plucking nose hairs
Doesn't it hurt? I only trim them with scissors.

ooh, i know! both.

it's nice that Sup Forums and environmentalists can agree on hating planned obsolescence.

How did you get laid off from a job if you're that tall? I thought 6'4+ master race gets to have anything they want for as long as they want.

Only hurts if you're a weeabo bitch. Pluck them shits. They really interfere with my mustache sometimes and fuck is that ever annoying.

Only for like a tenth of a second, after that it honestly feels kind of liberating. As if blood finally gets to flow through the skin of your nose where the hairs were clogging everything up before

It's a women's body razor from the 50s though. Not a big market for blades aggro enough to use on your face with that.

Ehh. Shutdown was over and I'd already worked enough/made enough money for the year. After 10 months straight I want to do me things instead of work things.
I'll ride the pogey train to pay my month to month bills and do what I want in the mean time, really needed to catch up on my blacksmithing hobbiestuff.
>which also includes staying up all hours, shitposting and drinking jamaican rum
>Union tradesman life

Merkur 38HD.

Only way up from here is an heirloom grade straight.

I can't grow a beard for shit thanks to all the Mongols that raped my ancestors, so I just use disposables since they last forever.

They make DEs without pot metal heads you know.

i fucking hate nose hairs i have tried 3 different trimmers all are worthless plucking them like you do is the only way or burning them with a lighter if you're brave. I tried laser which worked great on the rest of my body but nose doesn't respond.

I have one of these and it's legit. Works best with NiMH battery. You shouldn't try to trim more than the hairs that are visible outside your nose though.

I have OP's too, it was a gift. It's not a problem at all but maybe I'll switch to my grandfather's if I can get it.

>falling for the barbershop jew
>falling for the shaving jew
>not trimming your beard and cutting your own hair with clippers

>not getting it permanently removed through lazer and electrolysis
why do you enjoy wasting your life shaving?

>paying for someone to take your virility away
Hello r/cuckold

Lasering is too "final" for something you could easily want to change in the future.
What if you want longer sideburns in 10 years? What if staches come back into fashion and everyone worth anything grows one?

No I'm not paying for that, I get the hrt free of charge
I know I won't, so that's cool with me.

>being so effeminate you enact the community's will with no say on your own
>being worth anything
Pick one.

i can't believe anyone could actually shave without taking a shower first. That shit would destroy my face.

>What if staches come back into fashion
Stache is always in fashion if you're a tradesman

You can buy the same razors direct from the manufacturer in bulk for a lot cheaper. The shave club CEO admired they only offer the convenience of a subscription as their added value. Or get a decent double edge and cheap blades...

Bought Mitchell's Wool Fat the other day, great soap but wish the scent was stronger

How many fedoras and trenchcoats do you own?

Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge (Yellow box) seem to be popular

I cut off my balls the literal week they dropped and flushed them in the toilet. problem solved

>cuckold
why has this replaced all other insults these days?

So someone with an actual personality that isn't swayed by other people's tastes or fashion is a fedoralord? Nice coping soybo.

Because it's the worst thing a man can be. Most other insults are normalized or overused to the point they mean nothing. Cuck will eventually undergo this process, you fucking cuckold.

i think i'm already bored of it.

Boldking master race reporting in, I fucking love how smooth and durable they are, they don't even irritate my skin. Even captchas know

>you're a girl if you change your style with others
I agree, fellow brother! May I fetch your fedora? Give me a second to throw on my cargo shorts.

>tfw I fell for this meme and
it's actually pretty good. Not so great for keeping beards trimmed but for a close, clean shave it works well

>you're a girl if you subscribe to herd mentality and change you appearance to please others within the comunity
This is exactly what women do because of evolutionary psychology, sorry man. Try to eat less soy or something.

>this kills the merkur

Took me a minute to understand that you mean that soyboys AGAINST it.

I always though that wetshaving is pretty cringeworthy.