Why hasn't City Simulation software reached a point of sustaining 10+ Million populations?

Why hasn't City Simulation software reached a point of sustaining 10+ Million populations?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NTJQTc-TqpU
files.catbox.moe/l6xkcd.mp3
rbt.asia/g/thread/63796414/#63796832
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because game developers are lazy faggots who want money and celebrity status, but refuse to make a serious effort to streamline their programs and support multithreaded simulation
exception to this might be stardock, who made that tech demo called ashes of the singularity. great software, but kind of a boring game

cities skylines is better than simcity tho

Despite being CPU-heavy, most benchmarks seem to show that it can't go beyond four cores.

Adult Minecraft kek

Unfortunately for Skylines, this is a genre where graphics DO matter

Would've been a 10/10 if the cities turned out to look better

Still 8/10 though

>game developers don't make their games into simulations and that makes the developers lazy
>simulation developers don't make their simulations into games and that makes them boring

unless we have a powerful AI, we cannot use city simulations for real life situations.

it's remind me Simcity 4 with the huge CPU load and literally zero GPU load, my poor Pentium 4 :c
This game wast goat

I'm really hoping when that while they're doing these garbage DLC packs that they are working on Cities II with better and more models, more customization as far as that too (like I'd like an area of brownstones, etc) I know mods can probably do this but at this point the game already takes like 10 minutes to load for me so I don't really want to add more. I'd also like to add poorer/dirtier areas, everything is way too sterile in the game.

As No man Sky, too big world begin boring.

Also simcity 4's single core nature make it hard to run even on high end system nowaday

As a sandbox game? Sure, but as a city simulation game it falls flat.

It is true

It's pretty shit at a sim beneath the surface. It's traffic system is fucking awful. Traffic will only ever go on one path, even if there are alternate routes that take less time.
People will only ever use public transportation unless you groom your city to have it from the start. The ability to lay out roads is a nightmare sometimes, and almost requires mods to make them more precise for measurements. Making your own intersections in the custom asset maker is almost a no go because the ground has to be pretty much perfectly flat when you try to put it down in a city.
The stock school buildings are a joke as a resource. I don't know if there's new dlc (which is also a large problem, there's greyed out selections if you don't have the mountain of dlc) which added new buildings for schools, but you have to have an insane amount of elementary schools when your city gets huge.
There's no trash collection that's completely pollution proof. Parks need to be fucking everywhere for people to be happy.
There's a ton more that I can't think of at the moment but after sinking nearly 300 hours I can't even look at it anymore without getting frustrated. The only reason it's popular is because EA fucked sim city and it happened to not be dogshit at the time of the former's release.

They should create Simcity 4.5 with CPU/GPU optimization and MASSIVE maps

>The only reason it's popular is because EA fucked sim city

This x1000

EA

Well, Magnasanti managed 9.xM and that was just a limitation of map size.
youtube.com/watch?v=NTJQTc-TqpU

play simcity 2000
all your problems are solved

Not him, but I was fucking bummed at the endresult of Simcity
>FINALLY MP
>shit small maps

>Sup Forums - Video Games

>talk about hardware limitation

This is some incredible autism.

Easy, just take sim city 3000, and modify the landscape size to do it.

The reason it can, is because it has virtually no simulation, it's very easy general calculations.

City Skylines simulates drivers behavoir, individuals and their routing and all sort of minor things, that IMO is worth it.

But, if you just want the 10 mil mark, mod of the super simple older games.

I disagree, the best game in the simcity series is indisputably Simcity 2000 and it's not the most visually pleasing of them all.

Uh sweetie civilization deals with cities with millions in population already.

Is there no software that simulates a single core but uses all for processing?

No, it would be excessively difficult and the software itself would necessarily require high cpu load to make instructions parallel.

agreed

It has; step outside.

Theresome balance needed in everything.
Some stuff should be gamey simulations.
Other just a game with a bit of simulation.

No.
Did you ever written software? To make such thing work you would hav to look at the byte code and be able to infer what could be run in parallel and what can one. That can be done in minimal operations. A single core already proccess multiple operations at the same time! But looking at big sequences of byte code and decide which stuff could be run in parallel with no impact whatsoever on the the result just ludicrous. It's a massive ammount of work. And a massive overhead, it probably wouldn't even be viable for the shit that is just 4 cores. It would take more!time to analyze that in run time than just use a single core.

Seriously fuck millennials and their graphics. It's why most games blow today

i honestly used to be about graphics but i could care less about it anymore

because that would make us suspicious of the computer currently sustaining 7 billion.

Yea, why dont we go back to fucking pong? Contrarians like yourself, are far worst then any millennial's I've ever met.

>could care less

You mean you couldn't care less, right?

I dream of the day when companies will take their game engine seriously.
Imagine a future where every game performance scale with the number of threads and GPUs, with true Vulkan support.

I may just be blindly optimistic but I'm really hoping the next generation will finally be the tipping point for games truly taking multithreading seriously

>nothing but buzzwords and brands
>I WISH DEVS WOULD TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY
huh interesting

are you legitimately mentally challenged?

meant for next time, spent more time learning about how the fuck anything works instead of demanding anyone takes a "MORE THREADS MORE THREADS UNLOCK ALL THIS POTENTIAL!!!" monkey seriously

>is indisputably Simcity
Why not 3000? It's go the looks and the features.

>in run time
There are AOT parallelizing compilers, but you need the source code for that, and it better be written in a memory-safe programming language.

different user,
but 3000 bloated the fuck out of the multi-city economy simulation, which drastically cut down on the inner-city simulation -- like industry, commercial, residential, population controls, traffic, etc.
2000 had a nice balance of being able to connect to the multi-city system -- highway, electric, etc. -- but it had a great system of measuring the sampling points for the simulation of the city

Because its dull and most people realize you can go out back and build something in your shed and its actually satisfying.

files.catbox.moe/l6xkcd.mp3

white and based

it does, there certainly are actual non game simulators and there are games about that, but people don't like it.

nice voice user, you sound like a chad.

can you do peter griffin now?

That's not me, I saw that first posted on rbt.asia/g/thread/63796414/#63796832

SC4 can do that with regions.

4 with NAM has my vote