Redcore Linux explores the idea of bringing the power of Gentoo Linux to the masses...

>Redcore Linux explores the idea of bringing the power of Gentoo Linux to the masses. It aims to be a very quick way to install a pure Gentoo Linux system without spending hours or days compiling from source code, and reading documentation. To achieve this goal, Redcore provides a repository with pre-built binary packages which receives continuous updates, following a rolling release model.

Is this the substitute of Mint and Ubuntu?

Other urls found in this thread:

aur.archlinux.org/packages/portage-git/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

isn't this just arch

no it's gentoo

both are meme, just one is bigger

They're pretty fucking widely different distributions, though.
Though I wonder if having Gentoo with a repository of pre-built binaries doesn't take away the entire point of Gentoo.

It's called binhost, you fucking retard, and there are already three distributions that do this, one of which has their own shitty binary package manager.

But that misses the whole point. When you compile everything specifically for your CPU, it generates faster software for your machine.

Plus, that repo would need to have builds for every combination of flags possible for every package to not undermine Gentoo's customization.

And also, who would be the users of such a system? Why wouldn't them be using Debian or Arch if they want pre-built packages not specifically optimized for their machines?

>one of the main selling points of gentoo is that every package is compiled locally
>I know, let's strip that out so babbies don't have to think too hard

this defeats the purpose of gentoo entirely?
just use ubuntu at this point

>To achieve this goal, Redcore provides a repository with pre-built binary packages

And this is what defeats the fucking purpose of Gentoo GNU/Linux.

So you bought into another botnet?

Only one more step and you'll rewrite backdoor sucessfully.

All those feeling for easthetics from users of such advenced matemathics is cringe AF.

>days compiling
lol what the fuck are you compiling that takes days?
Do you compile on a re purposed printer?

So... it's just debian?

aur.archlinux.org/packages/portage-git/

>pure Gentoo Linux
>pre-built binary packages

Install CloverOS

What about CloverOS?

One is Sabayon, the others?

the one in the topic and clover os?

Can I get that wallpaper with the text edited out?

This will not load in VMware, I gave it 2GB of RAM and it still will not boot.

it's like gentoo but binaries only!!!XD

gentoo does not need prebuilt binaries. what it could use is a user friendly installer but i think those exist already.

b-but I can still calim it's from the Gentoo family in the desktop threads r-right?