/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

yahoo.aleado.com/lot?auctionID=l418481903
ebay.com/itm/doujinshi-headphone-musume-matome-ootsuka-mahiro-otsuka/122887339221
wired.com/2010/02/obscene-us-manga-collector-jailed-6-months/
camelcamelcamel.com/Beyerdynamic-880-Premium-HiFi-headphones/product/B0024NK35S?context=search
camelcamelcamel.com/search?sq=DT880 600 ohm
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

HD650 > HD600

HD650 = HD600 + HD50

X = 10
HD 6 10 10 = 26 > HD 6 5 0 = 11 > HD 6 0 0 = 6

HD50 sucks, thus making HD650 worse.

is it even real

Idol trash here. What's your idol like, user?
Just solve the equation. As HD650 is worse than HD600, HD50 has to suck.

No, it's complex.

no more brainiac humor please

Aww.

currently usin a pair a pair of fidelio X2s and i love them but looking for something that can cover a wider ranger of music
are the ath r70x worth trying rather than the 650?
hearing anons opinions about this would be nice (btw trying to stick with open. sorry i threw the format right out the window)

if you like the x2s, skip the 650s - nobass.

Don't know about the r70x, sorry. Maybe go LCD-2C while they're $600 instead of $800 or wait for another M1060 sale?

Among the listed, HD650 is best. I'd still suggest HD600 over it, just because it's farther from your Fidelio (favors bass less).
Alternatively, look deeper into your pockets, and evaluate lcd-2c, hd800.

Buying new iems to replace old iems and then not using them is a bad feeling.

Any opinions on the Monolith M560? How would they compare to something like the AKG K7XX? I'm looking for an all rounder with a good soundstage and some bass. The build quality is what's selling me on the M560 but the AKG K7XX has the sound I want in a headphone.

Why do these generals have so many lewds and lolis for pics. Is OP a pedo?

Reminder that schiit products are just as bad as chink shit if not worse when it comes to measurements

Because the autists from r/anime think they are welcome here

still no one has bid on this

yahoo.aleado.com/lot?auctionID=l418481903

they deserve more respect than you scum

they all belong in a garbage can

How does fabric padding compare to velour? Thought about getting some velours but saw these and they interested me.

microsuede > clothlike > velour

>higan with audio latency set to the minimum
>linux 4.14.8-rt9-3-rt
linux-rt ftw
No more audio cuts on higan \o/

>not on mainline or next
fucking pathetic

>he runs unpatched mainline

>not buying headphone doujins
ebay.com/itm/doujinshi-headphone-musume-matome-ootsuka-mahiro-otsuka/122887339221

I prefer idol doujin.
Try sadpanda artist:"yagami shuuichi$"
The ones with character:"umi sonoda$" are the best.

i'm so tempted to buy it because it is top notch shitposting material but I don't want it in the house

> or next
God damn it, you love bugs, it seems. Adults use LTS.

If you're in the wrong country, it could cause issues. I suggest avoiding that entirely, unless you can buy them in person in tora no ana or some other such place.

>God damn it, you love bugs, it seems
i'm actually one of those faggots who does my part and contributes to the tracker by bisecting commits so people like you don't have to deal with the bugs yourself
that didn't even cross my mind as an issue, can you guess where I live?

Not the US or the UK, probably.

>Not the US or the UK, probably.
what? I'm US. it's not an issue here

wired.com/2010/02/obscene-us-manga-collector-jailed-6-months/

>In response, the Protect Act narrows the prohibition to cover only depictions that the defendant’s community would consider "obscene."

Ah good old america where the law depends on your neighbors opinion.

>United States district court Judge James E. Gritzner ruled that two parts of the PROTECT Act criminalizing "a visual depiction of any kind, including a drawing, cartoon, sculpture, or painting" were unconstitutional. Handley still faces an obscenity charge.[17] Both prosecutors and defense attorneys noted that the plea deal was due to the high risk of a constitutional challenge, and the federal government agreed that Handley would not be required to register as a sex offender.
america operates on common law not civil law and precedence matters. if the court found it to be unconstitutional then there is strong precedent for that.

Friendly reminder to encrypt your drives. You've got to protect those headphone datasheets.
LUKS is a suggestion.

why did no one respond to my template :(

Post it again?

Do you recommend the TIN T2 ?

What template?

>Item condition: Used

how do prices on amazon work?

beyerdynamic 880 600Ohm chrome was sold at $160 a few weeks ago. now it's $180. should I expect the price to grow or fall and why?

asking mostly out of curiosity, have plenty of headphones but at $160 it was tempting.

Prices fluctuate. You can keep track of current and past prices using a site like this:

camelcamelcamel.com/Beyerdynamic-880-Premium-HiFi-headphones/product/B0024NK35S?context=search

camelcamelcamel.com/search?sq=DT880 600 ohm

Also check ebay, the "chrome" edition of it has been on there for $130 or less before (the shiny plastic ring is ugly though)

what should I get when I next upgrade?
currently using schiit modi/magni 2 stack + fostex thx-00

also, what are some good over-ear travel phones with bluetooth and sound cancelling?

I dislike the chrome rings, all black version looks better but costs more. But chrome looks better than the regular premium version, I don't like those guards where the headband meets the earcups.

same price for chrome edition on ebay right now ($180).
amazon has the regular premium at ~$170.

So I have been looking for the most comfy headphones and after having Superlux HD681B for 5 years and literary making a dent in my head I decided for either K701 or K702.
Now I either heard those are identical except for detachable cord but I also heard that K702 are more comfy then K701.
Any other recommendations for similar price and sound signature?

Most common suggestions around the K702 are the DT880 and HD600 (hence the "big three" nickname), soundwise the DT has more treble like the K702, HD600 has pretty tame treble.
You can always for other AKG models too, K612 has as much comfort as the K702 but sounds closer the the HD family.

Cutest looking headphone that sounds reasonably good?

isine maybe?

Is there any advantage or disadvantage to headphones that use two cables vs one? My personal preference is to generally steer away from them but the higher end headphones seem to generally use two cables instead of one.

same cable length to each earcup?

dual cable means dual 3 pin xlr if you care, otherwise if you want balanced you get 4pin and thats it. Other than that, not really.

Thanks.

durability, easy replacement, weight of the cable divided on both sides of your head (you can feel the weight on some headphones with the cable on one side, like the ones with a "springy" cable)

What are the second best headphones behind the HD600?

HD600 is NOT neutral

That's HD650/6xx you are thinking of. They are low-fidelity garbage.

My PX24 headphones just went out in one ear
what should i replace them with? under $100
i liked the turtle beach p12s when i had them

for the love of god stop posting the same shit every thread, your shitposting stopped being funny 15 threads ago

K612 costs less than half, has better bass and actually good driver matching.

please help

HD600 has:
>nearly non-existent sub bass, recessed bass, mid-bass hump
>forward mids, shouty vocals
>treble peaks (see RAW frequency response, worsens with pad wear)

Not "neutral"
Also, unmatched drivers.

t. Never heard them

or maybe is he the only person who actually listened to them

I just ordered some replacement wires for my HD600 and the quality sounds worse than with the stock cords. How come nobody told me that the wire affected the headphone's performance?

Any cables under $1000 reduce the quality of the headphones. Considering you already got the world's best headphones you might consider investing in a better cable.

I listened to an un-EQ'd unmatched drivers HD600 for 5 minutes tops and had to put my neutrally EQ'd HD650 with matched drivers and non-vicegrip clamp back on my head right away!

You don't own them

I almost find my HD650s too bright, are the HD600s straight up AM radios ?

>How come nobody told me that the wire affected the headphone's performance
Because it dosen't you placebo smoking fuck.

You're right, I don't own the HD600, because I've already sent it straight back to Amazon months ago. No reason to own both.

You don't own either

I own an HD650, the superior headphone of the two. Is that so hard to believe?

Yes

HD58x

What headphones do you own? An HD650 doesn't even cost that much in the US, and an HD6XX is only $200.

>HD58x
gross

I own these nuts

What does this have to do with headphones?

I posted in the wrong tab.

>look up HD600 wires cause of this post because hate my mile long wire
>see this
>it's cheaper, has a braided wire, and better design
What's the catch bros?

Microphonics from the braided cable, and it's chink

No catch. Don't pull on the spring looking strain relief, it'll come out of the plug and you won't be able to force it back in.

Can i just buy pic related and directly plug it in my motherboard audio for full audio quality?
Or is a DAC/AMP necessary?
I read about headphone impedance, they said as long as it is under 32 Ohms it will work on basically anything.
But these headphones have an impedance of 48 Ohms.
So what do i do?

>reddit

Have this style for my 558s
Little bit of cable noise after time but they're pretty solid, gone through like 2 of them in a year using to / from work daily
I imagine you're just at your desk with your 600s so I don't think you'll have that problem

A phone can drive anything below 100 ohms easily. Assuming your motherboard is fairly recent and is fairly clean, it'll drive the 500's effortlessly. that said, a dac and amp always improves things but at your headphone budget, it may be pointless spending so much more

Is that supposed to be a joke ???

>Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones
the $200 and over headphones image link is dead, does anyone have it?

most motherboards have a headphone amp built in that works via the front mounted headphone jack on your case. They usually support up to 600ohm impedance because of how cheap it is to implement.

But with those headphones you can run them on any device no problem, the K7XX are 62ohm and are advertised as portable on the box. Even 250ohm is reaching the limits of most smartphones but its still capable.

"up to 600ohm support" is a stupid concept because impedance isn't the main factor when it comes to how loud a headphone will go.

I have the AD900X, can drive it with no issues from any source.

>tfw reading Amazon reviews and come across this

The topping he reccs is chink shit.
You should change that to just worse than chink shit user.

She's a strong, independent womyn, who don't need no neutrality.

And without actual specs given, marketing BS language like "up to 600ohm support" doesn't even mean anything. Hell, any smartphone "supports" headphones up to any impedances and sensitivities as long as you can plug them in and have sound playing through them...

it dosen't matter because all that autism measurement shit is inaudible