Firefox Quantum

I told myself I would try FFx when they get Servo as their layout engine, and they finally did it.

But isn't there some kind of cuckery going on behind the scenes with Mozilla?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.mozilla.org/Quantum
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Cuckery
Just stop.
This thread is going to start bitching about connections to George Soros that have nothing to do with Firefox itself. It's gonna bitch about how Mozilla has partnered with an entity associated with George Soros to help fight fake news. It has nothing to do with the browser itself. Firefox has also always sent basic telemetry data. If you don't want that data being shared with Mozilla, use the dialog that appears at the bottom of the browser to opt-out of it. If you don't want any data collection at all, consult the Mozilla build documentation and build a version without it. That is the most sure-fire way to not have any (basic, anonymized) data sent anywhere. Personally, I see no issue with the collection of basic data, such as operating system, system information, etc, being sent, because I can feel deep inside that I am going to help the Mozilla Foundation and Mozilla Firefox by opting in to this anonymized data collection.

Yea, Mozzila is infested with SJW cucks. They constantly virtue signal and beg for donations. Avoid at all cost.

They haven't implemented Servo yet, is just not ready, Quantum still has Gecko.

What they did was change the CSS renderer to Stylo (Servo's CSS renderer).

wiki.mozilla.org/Quantum

Quantum CSS

Quantum CSS (aka Stylo) aims to integrate Servo's parallelized CSS style system into Gecko.

One front where you can help out is adding new properties to Servo's CSS parsing crate. This requires familiarity with Rust, but is otherwise a good way to dip your toes into Servo's style system. To get started, see Servo's CSS property hacking guide for more information.

If you do not know Rust, you can help implement keyword properties. See the Stylo hacking guide for more details. The Stylo hacking guide also has instructions for building Stylo if you wish to play with it yourself. If you know C++, Firefox bug 1277133 has information about easy Gecko bugs that will assist Stylo's integration with Gecko.

Some Stylo bugs that are good for new Servo contributors are tagged on GitHub as “easy” bugs and “less-easy” bugs.
Quantum Render

WebRender is Servo's next-generation renderer optimized for GPU rendering. The Quantum Render project aims to ship WebRender as the graphics backend for Firefox. See the Platform/GFX/Quantum_Render page for more details.
Quantum Compositor

The Quantum Compositor moves Gecko’s compositor into its own process. Since graphics driver instability is a major source of Firefox crashes, we expect that moving code that interacts with the GPU into its own process will make Firefox more stable. This work is tracked in bug 1264543.
Quantum DOM

The Quantum DOM project will make Gecko more responsive, especially when there are a lot of background tabs open. When Quantum DOM is finished, JS code for different tabs (and possibly different iframes) will run in separate cooperatively scheduled threads; the code for some background tabs will never run at all.

Bill McCloskey wrote more about Quantum DOM on his blog.
Quantum Flow

The Quantum Flow project is part of a bigger Quantum Initiative. It explore performance improvements not covered by the other Quantum components, such as UI optimizations.

>try firefox after using chrome/chromium for years
>computer immediately gets hot
i guess that's why they call it FIREfox

Go ahead and stop using firefox, let Google force all the drm and backdoors they want into internet standards

hey, i use the fastest browser. i ain't married to my browser, if one comes along and does it's job faster then that's what i'll use

that's why i switched from IE to firefox, then firefox to chrome, then chrome to firefox

Is there any updated tweak guide for Quantum?

>let Google force all the DRM and backdoors
You mean like they did with Firefox?
I don't know if basic history evades your mental capacity user, but Mozilla became shit precisely because it was sponsored by Google and half its staff was Google faggots, infected by Google philosophy. It's the same shit you underage chucklefuck.

You completely fucked it up witht that last part there

He sure fucking did, I was getting it then he just went full fucking retard.

What's wrong with anonymized data collection?

what's wrong with the browser you use being owned by Soros

OK so you have no arguments, firefox telemetry is something like that:
>windows version
>firefox 58
>date of last crash

that's it.
Good luck profiling firefox users.

>enable webrender
>6GB video ram used
Nice one, soroszilla.

>tfw only reason I use firefox over chrome is because keepass addons are better on firefox

I prefer kee over chromeipass.

If ChromeIPass was better, I'd switch back over to chromium.

source?

So what you're saying is he is completely right ?

Servo has not been implemented.

I've been using qutebrowser for the past 30 minutes and so far it's very good. Honestly, once ESR 52 is dead there will be no more need for firefox.

then just make it better
is it not open source???

DELETTT. STOP MAKING SENSE. I JUST WANT TO SHITPOST ABOUT FF BEING SHIT SO I FEEL GOOD ABOUT USING BARELY MAINTAINED BROWSERS

Well one thing is that its generally trivial to correlate it with other data sources and deanonymize it.

this is peak virtue signaling

They added Servo CSS and process management but most of it is still Gecko/Spidermonkey. It's fucking shit though. Way slower than pre-Quantum FF and the only reason I haven't disabled a lot of these useless and annoying Pocket features like the new new tab page that disables my pre-Quantum New Tab extension.

Also since NoScript no longer works properly (at least for me) I'm finding out how much of a hellhole the internet has become. I even whitelisted most ads, but shit. PaleMoon is faster because you can at least use extensions from pre-Quantum FF to speed up your browser.

go back to tumblr