Convince me to go Android

Convince me to go Android..

I have an iPhone X, Apple watch Series 1, and iPad mini 2.

I've been tempting to go to Android, be it the Note 8, Pixel 2, or OnePlus 5T.

That being said I've stuck with iOS the past few years for the software stability/performance as well as iMessage.

Can someone please tell me what Android offers that makes it superior to iOS? That would help bring an izombie back to the brink.

I've been waiting for Android to institute data-based messaging like iOS has but I don't know when that's going to happen..

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hQtCeAJBp1A
youtu.be/qARozmOb9PY
macworld.com/article/1138000/software-graphics/drm-faq.html
youtu.be/VYQgn8J6zbU
cbsnewyork.files.wordpress.com/2017/12/applesuit.pdf
support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201616
money.cnn.com/2015/01/22/technology/mobile/iphone-smart-study/index.html
study.com/academy/lesson/legalese-definition-examples.html
theinquirer.net/inquirer/sponsored/2338632/does-having-an-iphone-make-you-smarter
m.uk.ign.com/articles/2015/01/22/new-study-finds-smarter-people-prefer-iphones
m.youtube.com/watch?v=6yuVJ5DFjv8
displaymate.com/iPhoneX_ShootOut_1a.htm
dxomark.com
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/z-AKUCW9z3QIuaU6QRbRHg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cqSr-2OIIrWCcTMw_U-HEw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/_glUELz4vv9hjRZ8x1cIKg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/llF-zz9URlbvsF7nE4mG0w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/LDMvhb3n444ISJRI9u7YZQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/uskkuBo91wIlsRF2wxGiLg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text/iPad Pro revolution/type/op/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text/I've used android and windows since/type/op/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/Y5o5HbKP4WJQ0D8kuAt85w/type/op/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/XRYjalrqkyxzvqi-sZ1K7Q/type/op/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/J3DtQyCH5NiO-lZ8o6J7yg/type/op/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/5YlgiIjSs8kGk3g1Pf_aTA/type/op/
rbt.asia/g/search/text/https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/z-AKUCW9z3QIuaU6QRbRHg//
rbt.asia/g/search/text/iToddler*/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

google allo & duo

You're obviously in the Apple ecosystem already, there's no reason for you to switch

>Can someone please tell me what Android offers that makes it superior to iOS?

10/10 I hope you get a raise from your shill boss, finally a more original post

Don't people have to download the app and register first?

I tried that with hangouts and not everyone wants to do it. I wish Android would just integrate it so it's the default messaging.

That's how I feel now...

No shill...but other than the 3 Android phone I listed in my original post, I feel most Android phones just suck. Quite annoying to WAIT for software updates past everyone else.

>convince me to go android
Not worth it.
>inconsistent shitty UI caused by a lack of guidelines for app developers
>shitty app market caused by a lack of guidelines for app developers
>carrier bloatware baked into OS
>google spyware baked into OS (inb4 conspiracy, look up google using location services without being authorized)
>high possibility of your phone being forgotten about for software updates, including flagship phones
see droid turbo, almost a year late for marshmallow due to verizon wanting to ensure all of its bloatware that nobody wants would work in tip top shape before releasing OTA update
basically with an iPhone, you’re supporting a company that makes its living selling overpriced products vs selling your data, one which is usable out of the box vs one that requires unsupported pajeet-developed firmware, and one which you know will be supported with software updates for a specific period of time

>Riceable
>Cheaper
>Can do anything you want with it
>Not locked down to basic retard-only functions
>Free apps/anything

There is literally no reason to use an Apple device.

Get a xiaomi with global miui rom. It's basicly an iphone interface.
Big battery capacity.
Mostly comes with snapdragon.
The one i have is a Redmi Note 4

>convince me
you're not important enough to be convinced nor 15 years old to be guided, buy whatever you fucking want and stop being annoying with your iShit shilling, sage

I can't, you're already using the superior platform

To get some pussy.

Basically it's function vs form. Android can do a ton of things iPhones can without having to hack/root them. If you're interested in that get an Android phone else keep sucking apple cock.

At the end of the day both are still $20-30 monthly leases.

this

convincing a disgusting brandlet to buy another brand is like convincing your kid to eat vegetables

It's funny that you had to change your posts so much to avoid getting banned some more.

It’s cheaper.

That’s the only reason to go for android. But given that you already have an iPhone X it’s not applicable.

Have fun buying every app if ur not jailbroken

Not at all, from a technological standpoint there really isn't any objective reason to get an iPhone even disregarding the cheaper price.

Oneplus android phones for example have:
fast charging (60% in 30 minutes)
faster performance (short and sustained)
can be used while fast charging with no significant charging speed reduction

Most Android phones including oneplus phpnes can:
be used as flash drives/don't require laggy/buggy 3rd party software to fully access
Can download youtube videos
share any kind of file through wifi without being connected to a local wlan (wifi-direct)
use pirated apps

again function vs form. iPhones look nice (except the iNotch 10 but at the cost of less useful functions and features

Valid points.

I'm not actually a fan of the Apple interface, looks rather ugly. I literally only keep it because shit doesn't crash and iMessage. Majority of people I know are on it.

I question why you bothered commenting if you didn't care anyways.

Sounds fair lol

I do missed combined notifications for applications. On iOS, it's a nightmare.

I have an iPhone X, I can surely sell it and get a OnePlus 5T...just not 100% yet.

I didn't mean it in a " iOS is better, hahaha" kind of way, but rather in a "show me something I'm missing about Android". One perspective don't hold all the right answers.

Not sure what you're referring to here, haven't actually posted here in years.

Yea, that makes sense.

The iPhone also has fast charging. The one plus does not have faster performance, the iPhone X is the most powerful phone.

The OnePlus does offer great value but again, back to price being the only reason to get an android. You also ignored all the negatives: inferior apps, shorter support, carrier bloat

Does anyone have a phone that's gathering dust? Poor college student, my s2 died on me and I can't afford to buy a new one

>Convince me to go Android..

i don't want assholes in my community. Fuck off.

This is why we call Android users Angroid lusers lmao

>The iPhone also has fast charging.
Right but not as good as dash charging and it slows to a crawl if you use the phone while charging making it inferior.

>The one plus does not have faster performance, the iPhone X is the most powerful phone.
Nope, it's amazing how fast Android is without samsung bloatware. Also not only is it fast but it can sustain that performance.

youtu.be/hQtCeAJBp1A
youtu.be/qARozmOb9PY

>inferior apps
source?

>shorter support
maybe but apple gimps older hardware

>carrier bloat
not a problem on oneplus phones

Stay with Apple. They're ok. But make sure your music and film collection doesn't get too big. You'll find that the DRM embedded in iTunes means that you can't enjoy them on other devices. So you'll lose a lot of money if you leave iTunes.

>They're ok
>

What year is this?
macworld.com/article/1138000/software-graphics/drm-faq.html
There hasn’t been DRM in iTunes music since 2009.

>Nope, it's amazing how fast Android is without samsung bloatware. Also not only is it fast but it can sustain that performance.

The iPhone X and 8 have much more horsepower than the OnePlus 5t. The OnePlus is faster at opening apps like facebook, the calendar and settings like in this video but if you compare games or other demanding apps the iPhone will come out far ahead.

>source?
Apps get updated first and more often on the iPhone. There is a higher quality userbase who will occasionally pay for an app and its easier to update for.

>maybe but apple gimps older hardware

False.

Am oldfag - I have an old iTunes collection. Half of which, does not work on my Android devices.

> I have an iPhone X, Apple watch Series 1, and iPad mini 2.
No reason to switch, unless you value something which iOS cannot provide.
> Can someone please tell me what Android offers that makes it superior to iOS?
That's just an invitation to start a holywar, albeit a subtle one.

>The iPhone X and 8 have much more horsepower than the OnePlus 5t.
nope, gookbench scores look nice because of AES which has nothing to do with real world performance

>The OnePlus is faster at opening apps like facebook, the calendar and settings like in this video but if you compare games or other demanding apps the iPhone will come out far ahead.
nope

>Apps get updated first and more often on the iPhone. There is a higher quality userbase who will occasionally pay for an app and its easier to update for.
not a valid source

>>maybe but apple gimps older hardware
>False.
nope, it's 100% true

youtu.be/VYQgn8J6zbU

Get a Apple Music trial and use ITunes Match to make DRM-free copies.

support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201616

>going to Android....ever
If you can afford an iPhone stick with them.

>nope, gookbench scores look nice because of AES which has nothing to do with real world performance
But Geekbench is totally valid when it fits your agenda in regards to Batterygate?
This double standard is stunning.

Kek - It's like taking your car to a mechanic. He tells you that the manufacturer slows your car down because the brakes don't work as well as they did. Then he tells you that he won't fix your brakes so instead he's made the horn louder.... at a discount price.

>nope, gookbench scores look nice because of AES which has nothing to do with real world performance

if you do any benchmark, the iPhone X will come out ahead. if you play a game it will have a higher framerate and better graphics on the X. if you do any demanding task it will be done faster on the iPhone.

the oneplus is 5% faster at opening facebook though

>not a valid source

It's pretty common knowledge.

>nope, it's 100% true

No, it's false. You are trying to misinform people. If your phones battery degrades then the phone will malfunction. on iphones this is in the form of throttling, on androids this is in the form of inferior battery life, battery shutdowns and battery death. To imply that the first is gimped and the second isn't is completely wrong. In both cases the solution is to replace the battery.

If you don't have an Android phone already you're probably too brainlet for one. So, stay out of them.

not at all, it was never relevant

would love a source on these claims user

that's one more reason to use android.
Women are cancer.

It’s well known the iPhone X is superior to anything else out there. There is hope with Google producing their own CPU but for now Apple wins.

You could also kill yourself, apple reddit spacing faggot.

the oneplus 5t uses the same snapdragon 835 as every other android flagship. it's a bit faster opening apps due to less bloat/touchwiz but when it comes to any demanding tasks it will be behind the iPhone x

t. Angroid
>money.cnn.com/2015/01/22/technology/mobile/iphone-smart-study/index.html

read the PDF lawsuit again

here use this website to better understand it:
study.com/academy/lesson/legalese-definition-examples.html

not a valid source

nice clickbait, I can do that too

True, you have to be really smart to cope with the limitations of iOS and afford all that post-purchase rationalization.

>t. Illiterate Angroid

if you get an android then you can rice it and be like all the other losers here who think people literally give a fuck about their shitty fonts and japanese wallpapers

So, it's faster in real usage but slower in synthetic benchmarks and the stuff you should be doing on a PC, like video converting. I understand now.

The lawsuit is relevant to apple shareholders. Not so much to me, unless I get some gibs from it.

What is relevant to me is how my phone will perform down the line. And the answer is that it will perform better and have better longevity than if I bought a Samsung S8, a OnePlus 5t or a Google Pixel 2. I am happy in the knowledge that I will suffer neither from throttling nor random shutdowns as long as I replace my battery when I need to. And I am happy in the knowledge that my phone will be supported for over 5 years, as opposed to 2.

That means 2 years from now if I decide to upgrade, I'll probably get 500 dollars for my iPhone X whereas if I got an S8 i'd probably only get 100 or so.

>that pic
>fighting so desperately for the Indian market that you set up your factories there

That's my point, what I posted is clickbait like your post. Let's try to have a somewhat civil discussion here instead of spamming the same "poo", "poor", "iToddler" insults all day long.

this shill working hard for that new years bonus

Are you even 18?

Sure, it's faster in real usage if you spend all day opening and closing facebook, settings, snapchat and calendar and dont actually use any of those apps.

have fun buying trash in the app store instead of having a shit ton of variety in the playstore/f droid and being able to just download pro apks to your phone so you don't have to waste even more money after buying a 1000$ phone

Actually, yes, all I'm doing is quickly glance at different apps and put my phone back in my pocket.

Android apps are garbage. The app store is the gold standard and developers will prioritize it.

you've just described my sister on her iPhone X she got on a lease lmao

source?

as far as I'm aware pic related is the apple store

t. Android develooper

>empirical studies are clickbait
Here’s some more :)
theinquirer.net/inquirer/sponsored/2338632/does-having-an-iphone-make-you-smarter
m.uk.ign.com/articles/2015/01/22/new-study-finds-smarter-people-prefer-iphones

How many times have they banned you? You're a very persistent fellow.

That pic implies there's already a shitton of Apple developers in India that needs to be competed with.

Wrong.

India is 99% android.

>no argument found

>attempts to rationalise the situation
Just remember the ethnicity of the CEOs of Google and Microsoft and compare that to Apple :)

Literally giving freebies to their own kind and you’re defending it lmao

Not 99% yet ;)

barely anyone in India can afford an iPhone, confirming that Android is indeed for the poor

Then who's Google competing with?

Silly angroid, these are the people that will be making your apps and designing your operating system ;)

MODS MODS MODS

1. You get to have a much much wider range of devices and price ranges, with better hardware per value

2. Google cloud is superior to iCloud in every possible way

3. Much more apps, and much more free apps

4. Can download and use 3rd party apps very easily

5. Can transfer files and music freely

6. Headphone jack and SD cards

7. Back button

8. Android development is awesome and does not require a mac

9.Android has Linux kernel and it's possible to do a lot of Linux-stuff with it if you download the right tools

10. More durable devices and cheaper to repair

11. Most apps are backwards compatible so it's isn't necessary to update to the latest version

iPhones are for rich people, retards, faggots and women.

Honestly, the main reason to get an Android is price. iPhone is more powerful, better camera, better screen, better apps. FaceID is better than anything android has.

Android is great if you're on a budget though.

>MODS IM GETTING BTFO DELETE THESE POSTS NOW, MY FEELINGS ARE HURTIES
Reddit more your speed I think.

MODS MODS MODS

>Fastest processor by far:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=6yuVJ5DFjv8
(Note the Note8 has the same processor as the S8)
-In a comprehensive speed test including opening apps, opening games, and video/photo export, the iPhone X finishes in 7 minutes, 3 second while the Samsung S8 finishes in 12 minutes 35 Second.

actual gameplay, the iPhone X has faster performance and better graphics

-The iPhone X outperforms the S8 by as much as 60% in the following benchmarks:
Geekbench
Antutu Benchmark
3DMark
GFXBench
JavaScript rendering test

>Faster storage speed
The iPhone X has 1100 Mb/s read and 500 mb/s write
The Samsung S8 has about 100 mb/s read and write

>Display
The iPhone X has the best display, according to displaymate.
displaymate.com/iPhoneX_ShootOut_1a.htm

>Camera
The iPhone X scores 97 on dxomark while the Note 8 scores 94. The iPhone X is only beaten by the pixel 2 which scores 98.
dxomark.com

A challenge to andreets ITT:

coinhive.com

Post your result on this.

MODS MODS MODS

>retarded fanboy wars: the thread

even the samsung S9 hasnt caught up to the iPhone X

Not even that, it's just a shitposter spamming the same bait over and over again. I'm surprised the mods haven't rangebanned whatever ISP he's on yet.

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/LDMvhb3n444ISJRI9u7YZQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/uskkuBo91wIlsRF2wxGiLg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text/iPad Pro revolution/type/op/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text/I've used android and windows since/type/op/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/Y5o5HbKP4WJQ0D8kuAt85w/type/op/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/XRYjalrqkyxzvqi-sZ1K7Q/type/op/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/J3DtQyCH5NiO-lZ8o6J7yg/type/op/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/5YlgiIjSs8kGk3g1Pf_aTA/type/op/

F-Droid and LineageOS are pretty nice.

Quit replying dumbfucks, just report and move on.

Jesus Christ, that single core is ridiculous.

Must say I've spoiled by FaceID so far. Apparently OnePlus is not far behind on that front though.

Back button...got me there...I do miss headphone jacks.

I just wish they had an updated version of the OnePlus X.

how many hours a day do you spend trawling through the archives searching for him? lmao

If oneplus is anything like samsung its faceID equivalent can be fooled by a photograph.

The thing with the X's display is that it's Samsung's display, just better calibrated by Apple.

Samsung can fuck off with its cartoony saturation.

iToddlers have defended this.

Poorfags so no choice but to go for crappy cheapass phones. The 1% has Apple.

Just look at the archives with the same OP style images and blogposts

What I posted is only a fraction of what he does

>two mouse clicks to look up an MD5 is hard
iToddlers truly are technology illiterate subhumans.

Well then would have to ban also Googleshills. Just defend your religion.

too hard

Lumia 920 with WP 10 if you're interested

>rbt.asia/g/search/text/https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/z-AKUCW9z3QIuaU6QRbRHg//
>112 identical posts

You are a persistent little Angroid aren’t you?
What a sad life, sitting in a basement waiting for the next Apple thread so you can shit it up

>people out my shenanigans
>angroid XD

Shitty baits

I got an unlocked phone early this year with a headphone jack, top tier dual front facing speakers, a 2560×1440 OLED display, micro SD card slot, and pretty competitive hardware (I don’t play video games lol) for $400 and I didn’t even wait for a discount

Now you have a bit of sunk cost, but Android is a no‐brainer if you aren’t already in the ecosystem

>rbt.asia/g/search/text/iToddler*/
Over 3000 posts

Seems Google must not pay well enough for you to constantly spam the same text.

That's hilarious.

I really don't know how to convince you that's it's not me. I literally haven't posted in years.

I have literally owned over 100+ phones. In those threads where you show your phone history, I literally had the most.

>t. iToddler

>t. iToddler