Apple intentionally slows down iphones to trick customers into buying new iphones for years

>apple intentionally slows down iphones to trick customers into buying new iphones for years
>finally get caught
>make up some obvious bullshit about battery life that's more side-effect than intention
>iDiots swallow it hook, line and sinker

Meanwhile in the real world.
bgr.com/2017/12/29/iphone-slowdown-class-action-suits-12-cases/
economynext.com/Epson,_Apple_face_legal_pressure_over_planned_obsolescence_scam-3-9444-11.html
bgr.com/2017/12/26/apple-iphone-battery-class-action-lawsuit/

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mtiia37kdc
m.youtube.com/watch?v=wK3G2B5azYU
support.apple.com/kb/DL1893?locale=en_US
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>battery replacement fixes it but that's never mentioned.
It's called plausible deniability.

I would argue that the batteries are not reasonably replaceable, and are thus not intended to be replaced.

>>battery replacement fixes it but that's never mentioned.
Never mentioned by Apple you mean.

I can see how this could have happened "organically" with very little coaxing from anyone up-top. Simple put more priority on working on new features for the new platform your are releasing soon, which in result creates an OS update that runs great on your new platfrom but is dogshit on your older ones. Instead of spending additional time and effort to make sure you don't degreate users perfromance on older phones you get two birds stoned at the same time and you both push people towards the new phone, and save on costs of improving OS update for older phones.

I doubt there was some kind of master plan for this.

inb4 AIDF

see the thing is, when you pay for apple, you pay for quality. the old products are slow because you need to save battery bu the lithium ions degrade over time, so in order for the battery to last you need to slow down. apple knows this, and nobody would want to use an old phone anyways, so they are just encourageing the customer to upgrade from their old trash phone to the latest and greatest of apple technology. honestly though i wouldnt expect the haters to understand, since they are just too lazy to make money for themselves to get a quality phone, so they decide to be poor and get an android phone instead.

in after AIDF

OP is spreading misinformation.

As most people know by now, throttling happens when the battery degrades. Normally this would result in lower battery life and random shutdowns. Throttling is done as a compromise to prevent this.

Someone with a throttled phone is not more likely to upgrade than somebody with a phone that randomly shuts off.

The mistake apple made was not telling people clear enough (although they did state it in update note for iOS 10.2.1). With that said, now that everybody knows exactly why the throttling happens, the iPhone actually offers a better solution than other flagships. Replacing the battery is cheaper and easier on the iPhone compared to android flagships. You also will be told by the OS when exactly you need to replace the battery and the exact state of your battery. And let’s not forget, Android stops receiving updates after 2 years while iPhones are supported for 5 and more.

Oh look, it's the paid iToddler shill. How many times have you reset your modem today to evade your bans?

>lower battery life and random shutdowns.
#JustAppleThings
A generic android phone with a 20% degraded battery still has 2x as much battery life as an average iShit.

>which in result creates an OS update that runs great on your new platfrom but is dogshit on your older ones.

That was not the case here.

The issue here is that new version secretly and actively throttles CPU speed on older models for the sake of "protecting" battery life.

There are lots of battery speed tests on YouTube. The iPhone X does slightly better than the Note 8 and Pixel 2 XL

The only shill here is the OP, who creates these threads several times a day in a deliberate attempt to spread misinformation. I am merely injecting facts into the discussion.

iShit gets BTFO in every battery life test on the planet, but nice try Raj.

>The issue here is that new version secretly and actively throttles CPU speed on older models for the sake of "protecting" battery life.

That is not the case.

The throttling is related to the state of the battery, not the age of the phone.

If I have an iPhone 6 with a freshly replaced battery, and an iPhone 7 with a degraded battery, the iPhone 7 will be throttles while the iPhone 6 will not. Again, this is in an attempt to mitigate the negative effects of battery degradation.

As I admit above, apple should have told people. But now that they have, the longevity on an iPhone is much better than that on Android flagships for a few reasons

-replacing the battery is cheaper, easier and quicker. You just take it into the apple store and get it fixed in 30 minutes. Eighth the others, you send it off, are without your phone for a week, and have to pay more

-updates. iPhones are supported for 5 years. Androids are supported for 2 years

>power. The newest iPhones score 60% higher in multi core benchmarks and 120% higher on single core benchmarks. That means that two years from now, an iPhone 8 will much better handle the latest software compared to a Samsung S8 or a Pixel 2 XL.

Wrong.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mtiia37kdc

>slowed down
Didn’t really notice. How do I check?

And another

m.youtube.com/watch?v=wK3G2B5azYU

TLDR: iPhone X is ahead of the S8 and Pixel 2 but behind the OnePlus.

I feel it’s worth noting here that the iPhone X is a lot more powerful than the other phones, so the fact that it’s doing better is quite an achievement.

I don't like apple but why is everyone so surprised? Why would software optimized for the newest hardware not work slower on older phones? Install windows 10 on a 12 year old laptop and see how fast it is.

>we

This.

>In early 2018 we will update iOS

Shill gets caught.

In early 2018 Apple will update iOS to include a software feature that tells you the exact condition of your battery and if it is affecting performance.

>fruit trash shill gets caught
>deletes post
lmao

>take it to the apple store
the 6 and 7 are retardedly easy to open, don't bother.

My favorite part of this mess is that people claiming their custom CPU is more energy efficient no longer have a leg to stand on. Turns out they just thought they could get away with the much smaller battery by doing this. Sticking to my android with 3000mAh that can easily last 5 years.

Fanbois. There seems to be a lot of Android fanbois on Sup Forums.

>Someone with a throttled phone is not more likely to upgrade than somebody with a phone that randomly shuts off.
This is arguable.
If they had been informed to the reason for the random shutdowns (battery needs replacing) then people would have been more likely to get their batteries replaced.
Instead Apple "solved" the issue in software presenting another unfavorable situation, poor performance.

Both situations may create a situation where the user feels they need to upgrade their device but Apple side stepped around giving clear information as to the cause of the issue which is a betrayal of consumer trust. It robbed the users of the ability to make an informed decision.

>although they did state it in update note for iOS 10.2.1
I have read the patch notes and this is what it says
>It also improves power management during peak workloads to avoid unexpected shutdowns on iPhone.
support.apple.com/kb/DL1893?locale=en_US
What that doesn't say is reducing the performance of the device. You can interpret that to be what it says, knowing now what they are doing, but you could also easily interpret it to be a bugfix. There is nothing there that links it to an aged battery problem.

This note is also absent from the 11.2 patch notes where they introduced it to more devices, including the iPhone 7.

Now, I know I have responded to almost the exact same posts from you several times already, and I know you love the Apple cock and push hard in the apologetics, but that is neither here nor there of the problem.
Apple made a massive fuckup on the handling of the issue. Own that.

W10 runs fine on my spare guest room laptop with a C2D.
Meanwhile iPhones can't even run any ios released a year after the iphone launched without lagging 10 times trying to type out a sentence.

The reason this only got noticed on iPhones is because Android phones are slow from the start and never get software updates anyway.

The throttling only kicks in when the hardware is running at peak performance, which usually means video games. It doesn’t even happen for most owners of old iPhones.

If your iPhone is having major, persistent slowdown issues, the best solution is probably to backup and restore it.

thistbhfam

How does it feel being such a loser that your only enjoyment left is creating bait threads about a topic you don't even care about and haven't taken the time to learn about?

Sage grows in all fields.

Apple devs are stupid. Look at how many security holes they've had in the last 5 months. Everyone knows this so nobody should trust them and nobody should be surprised that they slow down phones.

iToddlers have defended this.

>old computer starts slowing down
>>oh i'll just upgrade the individual parts that'll cost hundreds of dollars and may not work retroactively
>apple products starts slowing down
>oh i'll just replace the battery that'll cost less than 100
>HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WOW APPLE TODDLER

Damage control.

>we

>image.jpg
An iToddler has defended this.

>Replacing the battery is cheaper and easier on the iPhone compared to android flagships.
AIDF is really trying their damned hardest aren't they?

>the state of iCucks

>things that don't happen: the illustration

I haven't had any issues with my 6s. Perhaps these people should try closing a browser tab once in awhile.

>random shutdowns
The only cases of random shutdowns ive seen on older phones are when you use either the camera or flash. Normal cpu operation doesnt cause shutdowns at least in my experience.

I really don't see what the big deal is.

Is there anyone here who would take performance over battery life? Lithium batteries degrade over time on all phones. I would say Apple is doing everything they can to preserve the life of the phone more than waste it.

>I really don't see what the big deal is.
Apple introduced a feature that could be interpreted by users as meaning their device needed replacing (poor performance) without telling them so they could make an informed decision (battery replacement instead).

That's the big deal. Now go eat your socks.

How will iToddlers ever recover?

Oh c’mon just stop this mental gymnastics. Apple fucked up really bad here and there is no way to defend it now however you spin it. The damage control here is similar to something what russians did when they shot down that plane with people. Just stop it.

>3gb/2gb + 2 x 2ghz iphun bionicle chip
>powerful
Choose 0

>Apple phones become obsolete after a year!!!1!

Wrong. Phones batteries become significantly degraded after 500-1200 full cycles on average. When this happens, not only does the battery life reduce but the phone also becomes prone to shutting down randomly when you try do something demanding. Apple has decided to throttle phones with degraded batteries to avoid this

If you’re going to argue that a throttled phone is more obsolete than one with random shutdowns, you would be wrong. In both cases, the solution is to replace the battery. Remember, the phone will return to full performance once you reinstall the battery.

>b-but Apple did this to boost sales!!

Why would a throttled phone be more likely to be replaced than a phone which randomly shuts down?

>b-but iPhones have non replaceable batteries so it’s harder to replace the battery!

Every major android flagship has non replaceable batteries. For those, you pay 80-100$ plus shipping, send the phone off to a manufacturer, wait a week and then get your phone back.

With the iPhone you go into the apple store, pay 29$ and get your phone back in 30 minutes. Quicker cheaper and easier.

>well, Apple is slowing down your old phone with new updates.

Wrong. Update iOS 10.2.1 introduced throttling phones with degraded batteries but beyond that no updates have intentionally slowed down old phones.

>but Apple should have told its customers.

That is true, and a valid complaint. Apple did include a note in iOS 10.2.1 on this but it wasn’t clear enough.

>I still think Apple is trying to make their old phones obsolete

In addition to everything above, iPhones are supported for ~5 years whereas android phones are only supported for 2.

I think you were looking at making a new thread, iToddler!