This stupid old meme is over

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1NesqAJnutU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>2018
>60fps

the new standard for PC gaming is 144fps.

this. no frame caps

>Crysis
>4k
>SSAA
Do you really think that anything is going to run Crysis at 4k with 4x supersampling at 144fps? We're not to that point.
Nice meme.

enjoy shitty pc "games" (if pc has any left) being even more broken as shit due to things like gamespeed and physics being tied to fps making it literally unplayable

I like how they try to do the meme thing but turns out they benchmarked using Crysis Warhead which is a different game, where the performance is different than the original Crysis.

When your shitty game is so terribly optimised, it is used as a benchmark 10 years later

Not shit. The game itself is fun and is actually quite visually pleasing. Only someone who 1. Doesn't own an adequate GPU to run it or 2. Mentally warped would say such a thing

It's a generic FPS with "Aliens" twist, fuck off faggot. There's console games that released around the same time that look and runs MILES better than Crysis. If you want an actual game to test benchmarks, try Metro.

>games released at the same time that look better than Crysis

Poorfag who had to turn the settings down on his creaky old rig detected. And the open world setting was hardly generic at the time, along with all the environmental physics.

Please tell me this is b8, I’m fucking dying over here.

The suit was a fun mechanic though and there was an interesting mp mode. Can't even remember what it was called anymore.

>Poorfag who had to turn the settings down on his creaky old rig detected
Whoa easy there iMax, that's some huge projecting you're doing there kid.
>open world FPS
>not generic at the time
You know you have to be 18+ to be here right?

that took a long time tho

Point me to another FPS at the time with the same level of environmental activity as Crysis. The only one I can think of is SoC and that's really a different ballgame.

I've played both on highest settings. Crysis looks far better. Some of the models in metro are horrific.

>give me an example
>except this example that proves your point but that doesnt count because i said so!
Are you fucking seriously?
Wrong.

SoC has amazing AI, Crysis has amazing physical environment interaction. Neither of these games were typical of 2007, considering every time either of these games get brought up there's a chorus of "I wish there was more like it".

The game is way too CPU bottlenecked for that to happen. It'll run as well on a dual core pentium as an 8700k.

What about project offset?

Is crysis really unplayable on maxed settings on something like a 1070?

Intel bought the company, killed the game and used the tech for HAWKEN.

lmeow metro was a real proper piece of un optimized shit. gr8 game regardless. Crysis' gameplay outclasses metro's story any day of the week tho friendo. You are mistaking it for some other generic shooter that didn't innovate. It is the pinnacle of open ended sandbox single player fps design. None of the sequels come close to touching it.

And to think I just bought an Xp

You should have bought the farm instead.

>cpu bottleneck
>fps is dependent on the gpu

Wow it still drops below 60.

yes

youtube.com/watch?v=1NesqAJnutU

>SSAA x4
why.jpg

I still weep when I remember what could have been

tfw HAWKEN is shutting down servers before it ever got linux support

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

the same thing happened to chromehounds and steel battalion

hope someone sets up a private server for any of the 3 now that those server DMCA laws are revoked making it legal