Apple phones become obsolete after a year!!!1!

>Apple phones become obsolete after a year!!!1!

Wrong. Phones batteries become significantly degraded after 500-1200 full cycles on average. When this happens, not only does the battery life reduce but the phone also becomes prone to shutting down randomly when you try do something demanding. Apple has decided to throttle phones with degraded batteries to avoid this

If you’re going to argue that a throttled phone is more obsolete than one with random shutdowns, you would be wrong. In both cases, the solution is to replace the battery.

>b-but Apple did this to boost sales!!

Why would a throttled phone be more likely to be replaced than a phone which randomly shuts down?

>b-but iPhones have non replaceable batteries so it’s harder to replace the battery!

Every major android flagship has non replaceable batteries. For those, you pay 80-100$ plus shipping, send the phone off to a manufacturer, wait a week and then get your phone back.

With the iPhone you go into the apple store, pay 29$ and get your phone back in 30 minutes. Quicker cheaper and easier.

>well, Apple is slowing down your old phone with new updates.

Wrong. Update iOS 10.2.1 introduced throttling phones with degraded batteries but beyond that no updates have intentionally slowed down old phones.

>but Apple should have told its customers.

That is true, and a valid complaint. Apple did include a note in iOS 10.2.1 on this but it wasn’t clear enough.

>I still think Apple is trying to make their old phones obsolete

In addition to everything above, iPhones are supported for ~5 years whereas android phones are only supported for 2.

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3
m.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mtiia37kdc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Seeing as this thread is smartphone shit it has now been taken over as an anime tiddies thread. Post your favourite mommies!

>android shill trying to shut down factual discussion about this issue

No surprise there.

Disgusting. Post spurdo instead. I need more spurdo!

OP came straight from Apple headquarters. Good job OP.

Another tiddies
Your iphone battery is a first world problem just get a new battery there is no need for you to defend apple ,they can defend themselves(unless you are paid by them to do that of course). Also i use a n900 and might switch to postmarket OS if they get calls working.

So why not bigger battery? They use like around 1300mAh battery when most low cost android phone starts at 2000mAh.

My old 200€ shit phone came with a 3000mAh battery

>Why would a throttled phone be more likely to be replaced than a phone which randomly shuts down?
because people interpret random shutdowns as a defect and slowdowns as a signal that their phone is getting obsolete.
besides, I don't believe the random shutdown shit either. not until Apple goes full open source and we can check that the random shutdowns aren't intentional and unnecessary just like the throttling. I've had Apple phones since 2008, mostly used them beyond what Apple thought was likely (iPhone 4s was retired this summer ffs) and never saw a random shutdown even when the battery was so beaten up it only lasted six hours on a "full" charge. never met anyone who ever saw a random shutdown, either. this is pure bullshit, a desperate fallback explanation if their primary shit is discovered.
I thought Jobs was a proper villain but seems like at least he kept the current muppet show in check.

Having a bigger battery wouldn’t fix the problem of degradation reducing the max power output of the battery.
Incidentally though, even though the iPhone X has a smaller battery than most android flagships, it actually has longer battery life compared to the S8, Note 8 and Pixel 2 XL.

>because people interpret random shutdowns as a defect and slowdowns as a signal that their phone is getting obsolete

There’s no evidence for that. You made it up. Back it up with statistics or gtfo

I’m getting random shutdowns on my 5s if it gets too cold or at low %. But the patch for battery voltage was for only 6 and up so the 5s was never covered. if it gets too bad I’ll just get a new battery until the next range of phones come out late 2018.

No that's something

DAMAGE

C
O
N
T
R
O
L

>even though the iPhone X has a smaller battery than most android flagships, it actually has longer battery life compared to the S8, Note 8 and Pixel 2 XL.
Factually false, it has abysmal battery life even when compared to other iPhones.
gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3

As someone who keeps his older phones to find a new use for them, let me tell you that you're full of shit.

I'm more of a dfc fan.

Stop making up new arguments against Apple that people aren't voicing, iToddler.

Wrong: m.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mtiia37kdc

An unreliable site with no demonstration of their results is not a valid source.

>The amount of bullshit you have to make yourself believe to justify getting scammed by Apple.

Seems fair.

Yes, that's what Apple did. They controlled damage inflicted on your hardware by sudden power outages due to weakened battery. Unless you live in Pakistan you can get your battery replaced in 20 minutes for $29. I've got a 5S lying around that could be rejuvenated for $29, wonderful.

Actually those arguments basically sum up all the brainless on here.

2$ has been distributed to your account. ishill

>gsmarena
>unreliable site
Suuuure it is, my shill buddy.
Nah, they paid to you to spread lies that it's a feature.

The gsmarena results do not line up with results from several videos demonstrating a clear pattern where the iPhone X has longer battery life than the S8, Note 8, and Pixel 2.

>that YouTube account
Literally who.

Discounted battery replacements are for iPhone 6 and above user

It can't do that without violating laws of physics, because in modern phones LTE consumes more power than the SOC, and you can't optimize it.

No, they're just the same shit the Apple faggots have been claiming people are accusing Apple of and the usual apologetics.
I have gradually managed to pull concessions out of him in some of this statements but the fact is he is making new Apple defense threads for no purpose but to defend Apple on an anonymous image board.

Here's another one of his posts from a while ago

Replacing the iPhone 5s battery is pretty simple though. You can do it for less than 30 dollars yourself or get a third party to do it for less.

Sorry but the stuff in the OP is basically all the arguments I see. If you think I missed something, point it out

That’s not a contradiction.

Try postmarketOS on old phones you dont use.

>That’s not a contradiction.
It is. Smaller battery = worse battery life. Unless you're not using your phone.

Unless one phone is more optimized than another.

Why though?
I use the Xperia as a media player in places where I want a disposable media player, and I'm seeing if I can make a NAS with a HDD from the G3 just for fun.

The problem is that if you did nothing and let the phones shutdown, people would know it's the battery, by looking at the battery levels.
By doing this, people will think their phones are getting slower and obsolete, therefore they need a new phone.
That's the big problem here. And no, in iOS 11 Apple introduced this problem to iPhone 7, so it's not just 10.2.1

And the 6S and SE.

So you're saying an iphone user will need to recharge their phone at least 500 times a year?

Ikr. I charge my Meizu M6 Note every 3rd day.

Pathetic. My sis had an iphone 6 for a year and it was fast. Her friend spilt water on it so she got a new one. She had it for 3 months and got the ios update and it slowed the fuck down.

3 months. This battery shit is damage control and you fucking know it.

Die kike shill. The next american revolution will be the american people against san fran fag technocrats such as yourself op.

Rn i have a Xiaomi Redmi note 4.
But before i always had samsung, thanks to parents. They always tried to get into smartphone, so i kinda inherited after 3 days.
Well story time aside. I never noticed that it became slower. Yes thanks to being a low cost models like Galacy Young, J1. They were nowhere near to an Iphone. But to play GBA games it was for to good.
I used them mostly for 2 year, but it never slowed down or had faster going to 0% charge. I do admit that it lost a bit of battery time. But it was still manageble without problem.
The Galaxy Young is still runing, sadly i sell it. Kinda regret it. I liked the removable battery part.