Raspberry pi

Never learned how to code because of some silly shit, want to get daughter into coding and she is 6. Is a Kano Kit a good investment?

make her play sports instead of creating a fat autistic girl

beware not to project your own life choices and mishaps on your children. "investment" sounds heavily like that. Otherwise its a nice idea, i think, a creative present.

I mainly want to give her the opportunity. I never had that being a poor child from the 80s.

Teach your daughter to cook, clean, and serve men so she doesn’t end up a blue haired dyke bitch.

She’s in dance and cheer.

Okay, what if.... and hear me out here, what IF, and I know this sounds crazy, but WHAT IF... she did both sports and programming?

It's crazy enough to work huh?

Massively overpriced. Keyboard is pretty neat depending on how well it's built. Probably better value to bundle it yourself and use their OS.

sure, why not

Women are not naturally inclined towards systematizing, as men are. There are rare exceptions but most women find coding boring and emotionally empty. If you make her do it she's most probably just gonna hate you.

Now, if you try and she shows natural interest and talent, fucking go for it.

How about getting her some of those lego technics sets that also have a programmable control module and some motors? Hmmm, that might be too advanced though. 6 years old is pretty young.

That’s what I’m trying to do.

Give her one active hobby that would take her outside, like Give her one artsy hobby that would work the creative parts, like painting or playing piano or something like that.
Give her one practical hobby she could turn into money in case of bad times, like some sort of crafts.
Not all at once of course and let her pick her hobbies, don't force anything.

Bong myself, nanny state and the media have been pushing for teaching kids how to program and it just ends up with even more tech illiterate iPhone addicted spastics as the only thing it does it hooks them up on the smartphone cancer earlier.

She got a coding Belle for Christmas and she is showing interest in it.

for the love of fuck, don't give a 6yo a locked down smartphone

>shoving hobbies down your child's throat

should have at least made her pick up tennis or golf or something extremely profitable then

shesh

>smartphone cancer
This desu senpai.

Maybe start with legos and then move on to woodworking if you have the space for a shop with some tools? I know plenty of women that love woodowking, and once you are into that it's not that much of a leap to maybe add some motors and an arduino and start building some mechanisms.

That's great man. Never heard about coding Belle though, gonna google it.

She got an iPad Pro for her birthday, so I think I fucked that one up.

>>shoving hobbies down your child's throat
>not giving them skills and passions
Children need to learn that everything has a learning curve, and most things have a pretty steep initial learning curve but than it tapers off and learning more is just fun, instead of a grueling struggle.

For example, yes, if you want your child to play piano, the first 5k hours is gonna be a real pain, and the child will want to quit, but once they are over that hump, they start really enjoying playing. Most children need to be pushed a bit to not quit things when they become harder. It's an important lesson.

Personally i think you should help her find many hobbies not just programming, but sports,art,dancing ,martial arts,music. Of course you should not force her into doing any of those just help her find some interests/hobbies.

>6 years old
>iPad Pro
God dude, I hope it's without internet, right? Right?!

You fucked up yo. Even without the intertubes these devices destroy a child's ability to focus on things that are less engaging. The create a need for instant feedback and fast pace of information receiving. Kids that get iPads in early age often have trouble focusing when reading a book.

We live on the beach now as well, so I’m trying to get her into surfing. My buddy owns a surf shop and lessons are cheap.

>wasting a Raspberry Pi on a future woman
kek, try again with a son.

My house is one and done.

started programming at 6 with logo, before windows was a thing. It was pretty cool.

I had her do a programming class for tots and she seemed to enjoy it.