Not having an ultralight laptop

>not having an ultralight laptop

What is your excuse?

can I install Linux Mint?

>no tits
Like banging a 12 year old boy

I don't need one. Applies both to laptop and excuse.

You would know

for one thing i'm not a weak shouldered soyboy and second it's nice to have a laptop that isn't a delicate throttling piece of shit with crappy cooling

Except good ones don't overheat.
And the throttling is your personal issue if you use the machine for things it's not designed for.

I don't want to slice my belly in half

I got laptop with handle.

just bought an HP envy 13.
Pretty nice machine to be honest

Best lappy there is.

sick burn brah.

don't be fooled by op's pic. asus is way misleading with their pics using creative angles to hide how thicc their trash is.

They're EXTRA THICC

I love a clean laptop, so I wipe mine with a cloth ofter and lint always gets stuck between the screen and bezels. Other than that its a 10/10

Bad keyboard + no USB-A

If you do anything more than calculate 2+5 on the calculator the fans on those things fire up and are noisy as hell. There's no room for good cooling.

>not having a 10lb alienware laptop

this. this is it. fans = bloat.

>What is your excuse?

I'm not a soyboy

I use HP Spectre x360 to watch Twitch and YouTube, write reports in LaTeX, make plots with qtiplot and some minor python coding.
Never overheats and stays silent.

Sick burn, soybrah

Sounds like something my dad would be into.

ehhhh
I prefer having something that can cool itself when under heavy loads. I picked up an mid-2013 MBA not too long ago.

I got myself a Zenbook Flip. I love how light it is and how the m3 CPU is just fine with passive cooling. You really get to appreciate not having a fan whirring right on you. And Linux being so efficient means it barely warms up when shitposting and anime viewing.

Overcompensating. I can deadlift 500lbs and prefer a light ultrabook.

My Dell 7480 is light enough

>7480
have fun with your coil whine

Because even an ultralight laptop is way heavier than the IPad I use for my mobile computing

It has 2 USB-A 3.0 ports.

A tablet is nowhere as comfy though

Any opinions on the LG Gram?

Not very good quality.
Dell XPS is much better.

i dont have gay

I am going to buy one early next year, but it's difficult. I want something that's relatively cheap, but I also want:
>matte screen
>good, or at the very least acceptable, battery life
>good for gaming
>4 core processor
>not overheating all the time
Ideally, I'd also like USB charging so I don't need to bring a charger everywhere.
And there are laptops that come really close, for example there was one Lenovo that had everything, except it had glossy screen. And the Asus Vivobooks look pretty good, except the battery is simply not good enough. And the same thing repeats itself across multiple laptops. I'm just hoping that when the new laptops are announced they'll announce something that fixes the small flaws, or that the ones that are so expensive I haven't even looked at them drop in price.

usb charging what
you mean you want to plug into usb ports provided by public areas?

Not him, but I think he means using a power bank

got the 2in1 version, really liking it

One with universal charger so I can use chargers everywhere instead of carrying around the one I got when I bought the laptop. Like Apple has.
But that's something I can sacrifice, but it's easier to give up if I get better battery.

Excluding gaming (unless TB3 eGPU), the 1080p XPS 13, or get the 15 inch one if you want a 1050 built-in and don't mind some extra size.

i just bought one of these asus pieces of shit, a zenbook. Goodluck trying to open the bottom up to put more ram in. Some of the parts are superglued and then I lost a screw so now my lappy makes a wizzz noise that scares me.

That XPS seems expensive, but eGPU was something to consider. 15 inch is simply too big, so that's not an option.

What I've been looking at so far are the models with 8250u + MX150, but I wonder if some of the lower quality alternatives are still good enough.

I'll try looking into eGPU, if there are cheap options that may be better than having the most powerful built in. Can you get eGPUs that are cheap and pocket sized?

>cheap
no
>pocket size
hell no

I guess that's not an option then. I want to be able to play games anywhere.
The Asus Vivobook looks tempting except the battery.

I've also been looking at Zenbook, it has way better battery, but it's also more expensive and apparently has some flaws that the Vivobook lacks, like locked low power GPU and SSD that makes noise. And the Vivobook is apparently pretty flexible for being an ultrabook. I wonder if it could be possible to open it up and replace the battery with a higher quality one. But then there'd need to exist batteries that fit but are higher quality and that may not be possible?

Ultrabooks are neither for heavy work nor games.
If u want a gaming laptop then it must be a big and one

WHY DO ALL THESE ULTRALIGHT LAPTOPS HAVE SHITTY DDR3 RAM

I've never needed one

What's the use case? Cramming it into a packed purse? Having no muscle mass? So they're girl laptops? Are girls carrying laptops instead of phones now?

I don't need to be able to play the latest games at the highest settings. It's mostly for Cities Skylines and possibly other things if I want to play, but I don't need the most advanced. I just want to be able to run the games without too much trouble.

They are handy for people who travel a lot like I do.
Using the train daily for 3 hours and after some time my 2.5kg laptop just became a burden because it's too large to use in a crowded train. So I bought an ultrabook and an happy now.

>ddr4 being enough of an advancement to justify its 10-20$ price difference
>even caring about the difference between ddr3 and ddr4

ux370 4k not available in my country (or probably anywhere in europe)

>3800x1800
this would be perfect if it had proper 4k resolution, wtf is that 3800???

shit i meant 3200

B-but I do

At 13 inch you won't notice a difference.

I had a serious accident 10 years ago leaving me fully amputated from the waist down.

I have no need for a lap top.

Is there a 13" or below that doesn't have a shit keyboard? I want something cheap for text editing but I haven't seen a keyboard on an ultralight that doesn't try to cram all the navigation keys into the bottom left corner. Or just do away with them completely.

x200 x220 x220i

The one I want's $1600 and I don't use a my laptop enough to not just keep using my current one that cost 1/10 the price

>Oops, I mistyped, better delete th-SHIT

AMD 2500u is as good as 8250u and has an iGPU between 940MX and MX150.

2700u is coming in a few weeks and will be on par with i7 8550u and has an iGPU on par or better than MX150.

Lenovo 720s 13.3" with 2700u would be perfect for me, but they will gimp it with single channel RAM.

Yeah I'm waiting for AMD as well. But I don't want a 15 inch, and like you said they are going to gimp the only 13 inch that's announced. Hopefully there'll be something good, in that case I may go with AMD instead. But so far Intel has been the only choice. If they make a good AMD with no stupid flaws I'm very open to that instead.

I do, user. I got a Dell Inspiron 13 5000 from a local officemax today. It was a display model, but it looks brand new and everything is in working order (yes, including the battery). It has an i5 7200u, 8gb of ram, and a 256gb nvme SSD... I got it for $480. What a fucking steal. This thing is fantastic so far.

Is pic related to heavy for you, fuckboy?

Microsoft Store in Canada sold them for 449 CAD and I saw prices around 400 in the US store.

I don't have a microsoft store near me. Plus, are you sure they're the model with an i5, 8gb of ram, and a 256gb ssd?

i lift weight.

Why do you fags keep repeating this shit? It's a $2000 averagely built laptop, with a bad mushy keyboard, and lots of coil whine.

>lelnovo

My T430 is light enough

>Running the cpu at maximum load isn't a foreseeable use case.

this is my excuse

I have a desktop for anything truly intensive. If your job requires this then they should be paying for something that can handle it and not you.

because a surface is better

eh. Coil whines more than any laptop I've used and wifi drops regularly.

Soldered ram, no trackpoint, its mediocre. Its for itoddlers that dont want to run osx.

That said, its still a very nice mediocre laptop. Very light.

Not a weakling

surface line has more than enough cooling for it's i5 and any decent ultralight should do the same or better. see

Can you do something to it once you open it up? The green chip with a white sticker is probably the SSD so I assume it can be changed. What about RAM, thermal paste, fan, wi-fi chip and battery?

My Chuwi Hi13 tablet has been doing me a solid job so far in it's laptop dock.

I pretty much shelved the provided charger, and use a 6ft USB Type C to Type C cable plugged into a wall charger that has power delivery, and can then plug it into a USB type C adapter that allows me to have 3 usb 3.0s whilst still retaining power delivery charge if I need to (since the little box has a type c input as well so it can act as a pass-through box with three fully powered usb ports when plugged into the wall outlet)
I can even use a blu ray drive on it by plugging an external 6x speed BD ROM one (uses two USB ports) into either my usb type c adapter plugged into the wall or in my usb c adapter and my micro USB otg adapter, both plugged into the tablet (for when I need to use the drive when it's away from a wall outlet as only the usb ports on the tablet itself provide full power when not plugged in)
So I can use it fourfold: As a tablet, as an ultrabook, and as a laptop that has a disc drive, or HDMI it out to a tv with microHDMI to HDMI cable and use it as a media box.
And then I also have a portable DNAS streamer, giving me even more flexibility for when I want to watch movies on the go. (It's self-powered so I could put a SD card or plug a HDD into it and stream the contents to my tablet when it's on battery and I don't have to plug anything directly into it)
All I need now is the external 20000mah external battery packs that have power delivery charging support and I'll have a perfect "on the go" setup that I could literally take anywhere. Not got the £50 for that at the moment to spare but next payday it's on the top of my list.

Still altogether cheaper than a surface or a macbook and does the job.

you have to hold the power button for 2-3 seconds for it to do anything.

I have a smartphone.

I did the thermal paste and ssd when it was open and cleaned the fan/heatsink while it was apart. i had some fan noise when moving the tablet and cleanung it fixed it. i'm also undervolting at -140 cpu and gpu stable in xtu and stress tests never pass 72c without ever hitting throttle. i7 16gb ram

>non mac master race fags will never know the joys of having a laptop-spaceheater all in one
Enjoy freezing your balls off during winter.

Happy new year Sup Forums

U too

Outdated and bulky as fuck.

I will buy one when I need it but for now my 4lb laptop is i7 7700HQ, 16gb ddr4, 256 ssd + 2tb hdd, and gtx 1050Ti. It is perfect for my content creation and small biz.

I like upgrades and modular features.

it's shit

x270
or latitude 5xxx

useless form factor

desktop- heavy
full size laptop- medium
phone- light

i don't need a heavy light

But I have

I own both a gaming laptop (1050 ti, i7, 256gb + 1TB HDD) with around 6 hours of battery life
I also own a Galxybook 10.6 for watching movies at work

I don't need one.

How is the Carbon X1 compared to the Dell XPS ?

It's better all around.

I'm not gay, I can hold objects without breaking a soyboy wrist

Well thanks for the blog post.

The Asus Zenbook UX430UN was just put on sale, but online it seems to have some problems. I get flickering screen, and I think it was the model with a GPU that slows down at 73C as well. Do anyone have any experience with it, does it work well despite it flaws, and will I notice them?

What laptop?