What can be done to get more girls into tech?

What can be done to get more girls into tech?

Also why are male coders usually a bunch of fat slobs while female coders look like pic related?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/technology/2016/feb/12/women-considered-better-coders-hide-gender-github
youtu.be/vQ3jvPeYXf0
kodewithklossy.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

> look like pic related?
like refugees?

I'd watch a livestream of the dark one installing gentoo in a skimpy outfit

if women wanted to be in tech they would be

Genetic engineering, to make them be able to understand tech.

Show me a girl that's a single author of some popular program. Then tell me why would you even want them in tech.

where are the males? are males not allowed?

male coders code and sometimes live
female coders live and sometimes code

Oh look everyone another shitty bait thread, lets all comment and reply for the next 3 days. Remember, we got to hit that 300 replies otherwise little Timmy doesn't get his soup

Fuck off back to Sup Forums and stay there you you cock-juggling dickhead wankers. Go slap yourselves silly

>giving him a (you)
Nice ;~D

theguardian.com/technology/2016/feb/12/women-considered-better-coders-hide-gender-github

check mate {{ patriarchy }}

>In 2013, GitHub installed a rug in its headquarters that read, “United Meritocracy of GitHub.” The rug was removed in 2014 after criticism from feminist commentators that, although meritocracy is a virtue that it is hard to disagree with in principle, it doesn’t do much for diversity in the workplace.
Is this satire?

>be woman
>make 20 commits for one minor change
>mostly fixing typos
>wrote lots of docs even though nobody else uses this module
>pr gets merged
>oops forgot something! Let me make another pr
>grammar fix
>wow all 21 of my changes got merged :DDD

Meanwhile men work on hard problems making proofs of concept and breaking tests to arrive at a major version change that is eventually merged but looks like a 50% merge rate.

woman_adding_const_to_types_for_years.jpg
woman_thinking_long_long_is_a_typo.jpg

If meritocracy conflicts with diversity, shouldn't diversity be the thing to go?

Oops sorry wrong pic.

>low-paying job has low percentage of women
I sleep
>high-paying job has low percentage of women
REAL SHIT

Pink PCBs focusing on cuteness and clean design over functionality and efficiency

This is going to come across pretty bad but the huge increase in sexual harassment claims by women in tech fields is going to make it tougher for women to get into tech.

This is a shame because I know women are making huge strides in the tech field but lots of male managers (and female managers, I'd imagine) don't want to deal with the drama of having men and women working together.

And it's not even the women's fault -- it's gropey guys. Managers just don't want to deal with the fallout and the risk associated with a potential harassment claim.

Go back to hacker news
That shit literally doesn't happen. Women writing bad software on the other hand is a regular occurrence and higher ups are starting to realize they fell for a meme

They should involve themselves. Why is it my job pat someone on the back for doing something. If you honestly believe women are kept out of STEM you're probably too stupid for it. Sage.

>implying the lack of dumb annoying irrational hormone-driven coworkers is a bad thing
Check out when a company tries to get more diverse, then check out when it goes to shit. Notice the pattern.

The tech industry is more than writing software, my boy. There's project management, ba work, talent management, system administration, ops, etc. I'm seeing more resumes from women in these fields.

I'd say that the lessening gap between women and men is in technology management. Women tend to be better organizers than men and are more apt to follow processes. Makes for good PMs and BAs.

t. IT manager (ie that shit literally does happen)

>tech industry
>project management, ba work, talent management, system administration, ops, etc

That's like saying a janitor who works at a bank is in the banking industry.

>sexual harassment claims by women in tech fields

99.999% of those claims are false. Especially since women treat 'sexual harassment' as the cherry on top of a sundae.

When they have some other grievance (often trivial), they just throw in sexual harassment as well to further play the victim.

Pretty much everybody in any management position knows that women exaggerate and lie.

>tech industry
>only devs are necessary to make a product or deliver a service

This is how I know you're a service desk/call center employee.

[citation needed]

And your lack of logical thinking is why you're not in the tech industry

>What can be done to get more girls into tech?
Nothing needs to be done. There are fewer women in tech because women tend to not like tech or STEM fields, or tend not to make good programmers.

Regardless of the reason, as long as there are no discriminatory hiring practices against women there's nothing inherently wrong with that.

If bait you're doing a good job. I've worked for a few of these "tech companies" by now and understand exactly how this works. My team had 9 men and 2 women so the manager decided we needed to hire more women. 2 additional female hires come in but have no skill, so they end up taking pm positions and essentially manage our todo lists. Now instead of making a feature or fixing a bug from the backlog, I go tell the ladies what I want to do, they don't understand how it works so I explain it for 15 minutes. their contributions are shit but they feel like it means something, then I go do what I was going to do anyway and progress moves forward except this time I'm angry and want to quit rather than satisfied at doing good work.

Why should we actively intervene to get more women into tech? It's not like they couldn't choose that profession by themselves and I don't see why having a 50/50 gender split is inherently better than having more males, to the point we need to force it into existance against the outcome of women freely choosing. Would the world be a better place if we did all we could to make sure there's a 50/50 split in street cleaners?

This is the reason pair programming exists

The women aren't doing any actual programming. They're the real life version of "I'll make the logo" and "I'll be the idea person".

And these women get pay better than you.

Programmer are like cogs on Software industry.

>be me, reviewing resumes
>see this: "expert in Jira and Asana"
>fucking wow you can use a website
Every time it's either a woman or a pajeet

More like Asian/Indian girl with glasses.

Because women aren't people silly

Yeah and you can't run a bank that's filthy and stinky. Still doesn't mean janitors are part of the banking industry.

Make it so that it's more "fun" (more group work, perks like having an on-site Starbucks vendor, etc.) In my experience, for what it's worth, women generally like the fantasy of the job and her mega butthurt when it inevitably doesn't live up to expectations. A lot think that it'll be some wacky cast of people that makes for a Friends episode that they're the star of, but in reality it's just a bunch of socially awkward (not always, of course) nerds (not the LOL BAZINGA MAN IS GR8 ones but actual nerds) who are pretty quiet.

Can you guys please just stop it with the stupid daily bait threads and do something actually funny instead

One of the most fun things about work is talking about technology I'm interested in with the other people there and learn from them. Colleagues have introduced me to new languages and patterns, given help with vim, etc. Those conversations never happen with female developers or it's me teaching them something without them offering anything novel. The other men tend to get autistic and delve deep into some interesting subject, but the women never get past blog posts and intro tutorials on memes.

Female coders that are worth their salt are also fat slobs

this unironically.

If you actually prevent women from entering STEM fields, if you force them to go into other fields because you think technology is for men only then *f*u*c*k*y*o*u

but

do not pretend like the same number of men and women want to go into technology.

>*f*u*c*k*y*o*u
I don't even disagree with your post - go back to R*ddit though, my dude.

>A lot think that it'll be some wacky cast of people that makes for a Friends episode that they're the star of
youtu.be/vQ3jvPeYXf0

Lmao

Too much smiling, they'll all get wrinkles.

>reddit spacing
You have to go back.

reddit: the post

Nope

Anyone got the long long typo image?

More than one dairy in there...

Dark. Not dairy...

treat them like "developing" countries do

Code Avengers
Palmerston North, NZ September 2014

Stop generalizing all the men in tech as beta nerds.

Then you'll get more girls into tech.

God I am ashamed of my home country sometimes.

>Programing class
>30 male, 4 female
>+ 2 teacher (there were 15-20 computer per classroom)
>only 2 female were good at programing.
> The rest of them either were on facebook or playing some browser games
>yes the 2 female were the teachers
Geez i wonder why won't girls join IT/tech/Programming.
They aren't really suited for it. There are some exception who are good.
Just like mining (the offline one).

lmao off yourself, my dude

Makeup + cheerleader effect

i dont want more girls into tech

> Image taken from her Instagram.
> Has her own website. kodewithklossy.com
> Made in Wix...
Karlie Kloss? All that lady does is use a terminal to change directories and teach women how to make a website using templates from sites like Weebly and Wix.

Actually the first pic worked better with your comment

There's no reason why girls would have any advantage going into tech.
They have the visual and communication advantages, so they're better off in public facing ends.

Not a bad pic desu

The girls that can code are usually mentally I'll guys.

I hope we do get more girls into coding. They deserve to be as miserable as the rest of us!

>Weebly and Wix.

Yeah I saw her youtube ad. Isn't she just exploiting the 'get girls into tech' movement for her personal financial gain?

>while female coders look like pic related?
Those look like a lot of 3-5's/10 OP...

So just like their male counterparts

XD

Why are women like children who need to be enticed and wooed into doing anything important or significant?

Are you implying any of these women are attractive? The only hot or even decent one is the girl holding the sign. The rest look like dog shit

someone post the video where she fucks up the logic for drawing a rectangle.

most of them are underage

>b-b-but she inspired girls to code

Yes.

Because nothing is required from them and they can always fall back into comfort.

employ more Chads?

Programming is kept artificially masculine by men who don't want to lose their cushy jobs.
We need to make programming more natural and feminine. We just need to create a program that makes program you describe to it.

nope they're shit, men just cover for them all the time.

spent 3 months now in a place and the 2 biggest issues are a female sysadmin that doesn't know how to assign correct permissions for things and basically takes a lot of days off so you can never get her. the other one wrote a horrible system that has actually crashed and caused serious real world consequences. one of them is passable but flawed and the other one is arguably one of the worst workers ive seen in my life. she's fat, he desk is a mess, she routinely leaves food lying around, bumps into everything, and she's all around terrible at her job. anything you ask her to do she will guaranteed fuck it up somehow, and then someone will have to spend time helping her to unfuck it
yet i miss one semi-colon as a programmer and i feel obliged to apologize to my team lead for having to review such unreadable garbage code

based on my work place you would be under no illusion that there are two standards applied

but that's true. you don't actually need everything else you listed and often it's just been small teams of 4 people putting products together that turned into a much bigger company

there's tons of stuff out there that's just written by one guy over a long period of time. the two biggest credits on anything usually are the devs and artists. if you're neither of those i'm sorry but your contribution is a "yeh thanks for sorting that out for me, it saved me time".

Please don't woo children

>that azn qt in the front row

pls be a trap now

Fuck you leftist, muh traditions muthafucka.

It's called "inclusive exclusion"

Arab detected

Not sure what triggers me the most.
That cd-fagging or the hdd-abusive git-shell script.

Why would we be concerned with bringing more women into tech?

Are we also concerned with bringing more males into Healthcare, or getting more females as trashcollectors and roofers?

People should choose the career they want to follow, this everything has to be a 50/50 split is such fucking horseshit

Because women have higher IQs, are more creative, have better ability to understand the needs of others, and are more egalitarian than men.
In the age of emerging AI, we NEED someone responsible to take over programming. Bitter virgins shouldn't be allowed to make decisions that will affect all of us.

they're treated like children all their lives essentially, i've never seen a male get mad or angry at a female or female child. father's are so terrified that out of spite they'll become massive sluts because "daddy didn't love me" and basically it's usually open warfare with Mom in most cases. the problem is that once Mom + daughters can gang up on Dad the fight is over, especially if they see Mom using threats of things like divorce/separation against their Dad.
>shit testing?
so really what it boils down to (like a lot of things) is lack of a strong male role model that doesn't take bullshit. the mistake beta boys make when they get into marriage is they think anytime a woman is unhappy it's justified and they lose their spine completely. they then justify this way of thinking to themselves with "it's such a hassle to fight back, just give them what they want". you see this in popular culture all the time with the "women are always right" trope. all of this basically produces a legion of spoiled brats who if their 16th birthday or wedding day isn't perfect they'll "literally die". the trick is to just stop aiming for princesses, there are tons of qt girls who are probably lower class but they're actually real women. the princess is going to be a blown out roastie by the time she leaves college anyway, you might think you'll get a smart one but they don't actually exist user. it's all just a very convincing act i'm afraid in 99.9% of cases

Actualy women have, on average, the same IQ as men. Males are more prominent on both tail ends though, so more very dumb people and more extremely smart ones.

It's amazing that women can't realize this is a push to double the labor pool and drive wages down. Then they'll complain when it takes them and their programmer husband to make the same money he could have made alone had she fucked off.

>higher IQs
why are they worse at math then?
>better ability to understand the needs of others
yet most major innovative philanthropists are men (bill gates, elon musk, etc)
>more egalitarian
nice try commie

In my Computer Science 1 class we had 3 girls, one was webdev, the other barely passed, and one was actually good. Our class had the majority of girls in it. Our whole department has maybe 5? Just something that they’re not into.

It's almost as if the drive to get twice the labour for the same price is working. Frame working as something women are being excluded from, and they'll want to have it like a kid seeing another kid playing with a toy. I WANT IT BECAUSE HE HAS IT WAHHHH
It's fucking work.

My university has been trying to get more women to sign up because there is a national shortage of tech people. There is probably an egalitarian factor, but it is mostly the companies needing more programmers. They could give the diplomas to twice more people, and there still wouldn't be unemployment in that sector. I don't think that there is that much talented people though.