De-googling - fail

So I degoogled for a week. Unsubbed from all Google services and started using Iridium and SearX.

Fuck me, it sucks.. how do you guys do it. I'm going back, I don't care about le botnet.

Other urls found in this thread:

torguard.net/anonymous-email.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I managed to make it a few months without it, but i ended up having to use google for images. I hate to say it but nothing beats it.

No shame in saying it - Google is the best.
I search for some weird things and other engines turn up with shitty results (some don't even return results).

I'm using SearX with Google as the engine but it's just not the same.

That's why girls come back to their ex with domestic violence

Just switch to a Firefox fork and use Ecosia or DuckDuckGo.

That would return worse results than what I'm using right now. I've used DDG in the past and I hated it.

Its sad to see so many google cock addicts

(((Jewggle)))

The trick is to have no friends and no interests

How I did it? It's easy, I never needed them to begin with.

Been only using DuckDuckGo instead of Google for a while and having no problem so far. I don't get how you guys still have problem looking things up, care to give me an example?

There is literally no reason to de-google. Only makes your life more difficult in this day and age.

Point 2 - do you naive fags really think Google doesnt know everything about you already. You've already lost.

>no reason to de-google
>proceeds to list reasons to stop using google

t. Google

Congratulations, you have learnt all we could teach you. You have now realised the ultimate truth, being aware of the botnet yet the absurdity in leaving it for your own discomfort, you also realised how much the botnet has infiltrated your daily life. Embrace it.

only thing I use is youtube
there are alternatives for everything else, though

I occasionally look up something on google maps, mainly when its something OSM& doesn't have (mainly business info and traffic) I do it from a virtual machine through a VPN. after I'm done I roll back to a clean snapshot.

Everything else (gmail, youtube, search, etc) I don't really miss.

>implying there aren't alternatives for jewtube

There has to be another way?

self destructing cookies is enough to break their data mining operation

use direct links for everything, use dailymotion and liveleak instead of youtube, use yahoo mail instead of gmail

There is no other way. You are either in the system or not. And if you are in, that means conformity. Do what normies do and 'fit in'.

Good job. I managed to move my personal email off of gmail, but I still use the search engine. Any good alternative to Google translate?

set main serach engine to bing/duckduckgo

set serchenging shortcut g for googling (default by vivaldi anyways)

How about protonmail

YaCy with SearX database fetching would be GOAT.

>Yahoo Mail
No.

no

>I don't care about le botnet
Why de-google at all then?

Does LineageOS without GApps count as degoogled? What about MicroG?

I use it. It's okay but there are things missing. There's no built in support for sending GPG mail through the client and there's no support for third party clients on Linux yet. The way it's set up, you need a third party client to convert to POP3 on your local machine or something.

i know the first rule of cock.li is to not talk about it, but is it viable?

The only thing with cock.li is the stupid name everything else is better than the rest of providers and even professional grade, there are alternative domains though.

iirc, cock.li doesn't encrypt your emails or has the ability to decrypt them on their end, so they and anyone they allow can read everything you've written

Would love to be proven wrong.

Use GPG and exchange public keys, can be done on cock.li and any other place.

Ideally this would be integrated into email instead of being some separate thing you have to do on top of sending emails.

I know, but implementing this on a (relatively) trusted service like cock.li is the second best option. If you want to pay I know about this service torguard.net/anonymous-email.php
But I have not much information on their reputation so I choose cock.li.

Just make sure your unencrypted drafts aren't being uploaded.

It isn't though and you won't get to change a decades old but widely used protocol.

Spotted the Google shills

It is integrated in Protonmail, but it isn't standardized in a way other clients will use.

>It isn't though and you won't get to change a decades old but widely used protocol.
*I* won't.

We need decentralized services to make this happen. Like bitmessage for e-mail, yacy for web search and alexandria or ipfstube to replace youtube.

Decentralize anons, decentralize.

>LineageOS

Go fuck yourself

Search (incl. images and scholar) and YouTube are the services I'm using and of which alternatives are lacking.

I tried
nobody receives my email
who would have though
cock triggers spam filters
hurr durr

degoogling won't stop the botnet from getting any type of info on you if it wants. it will only.paint you as a target.
just accept your fate. the bots won.

use airmail.cc

Why not just enjoy the convenience of the botnet, and use a tails USB drive if there's something you want done outside of it? Or use a second partition or something? Why does it have to be all one or the other?

How to get an account? It says I need to be invited.

it's in a drop down menu on cock

What's iridium in this context?

Just embrace it. It's not like you're doing anything illegal anyway.