I need a decent cheap laptop. looking to spend $350-400 USD. What are best brands these days?

I need a decent cheap laptop. looking to spend $350-400 USD. What are best brands these days?

Other urls found in this thread:

techadvisor.co.uk/review/budget-laptops/chuwi-lapbook-141-review-budget-windows-10-laptop-under-250-3653798/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

> $400
I hear potatoes are in season.

Im a poorfag

Chromebook or thinkpad yolo

Used thinkpad on eBay

i got a x220i for $150 canadian shekels. with 8gb of ram and a 128gb ssd

she has nice feet

USED
THINKPAD

It's a meme for a reason. The used part is important, then you can get some business class stuff.

at the 300-400 dollar mark, you aren't really going to find much of a difference between the performance between brands.

The best 3 things I recommend you look for are:
>build quality
>screen quality
>weight/aesthetics/keyboard, etc

The build quality is the most important, at 400 dollars these cheap laptops are, well, cheap, there are a few brands that do it right but otherwise I'd go to a store and actually feel one of these out before buying online

techadvisor.co.uk/review/budget-laptops/chuwi-lapbook-141-review-budget-windows-10-laptop-under-250-3653798/

hewwo pwease buy laptop i give good pwice

For the love of god I wish I had my youth again when I see flesh like this

Why do i keep seeing this image here, is it some meme?

just get an iPad

>thinkpad

what makes them so good? I see 3.5-4 star reviews on Amazon

Do you get the IBM edition?

the old ones were built by IBM and are rock solid, the new ones are made by lenovo and they cheaped out hardcore

Lenovo has been making them worse in every generation but IBM designed them so good originally that they still have a long way until they are ruined to normal laptop levels. They are solid and don't bend, they have spillproof keyboard, changeable parts and so on. I am using X230 with a larger battery right now and it's pretty good. X220 would probably feel even nicer. The battery comes off in a second so you can carry multiple batteries if you need. Mine has an IPS display so it doesn't look like ass.

>tfw you have the full set

I use an x250 for working and that's pretty good.

gibs me dat

wait, do people really use star ratings as a metric in deciding whether to buy something?

If that's your budget, just get a second hand Thinkpad, Elitebook or Latitude from a reputable seller who offers warranty. Make sure it has an SSD.

The performance is going to be almost on par with new consumer laptops, but the build quality will be much better. Every new laptop I've seen in that price range has been shit.

Think pad W520
Got mine for £180 I put in a 1tb sshd and it is a very enjoyable experience.

OP. What if I bump my budget up to $600-700? Will that make a difference?

when I bought my acer C720 chromebook 2 1/2 years ago, I spent probably $350 total including a 128gb SSD.

I have dropped it from 5 ft onto a hard surface and it still runs like a champ. I would say the more you move the laptop, the less you should spend because breaking a $300 shitbook is much less painful than breaking a $700 mobile workstation.

If the laptop is going to be mostly stationary, spend the extra cash. Otherwise get a chromebook and nuke the OS.

Oh and avoid lenovo. Their build quality is shit.

what if she like sat on your face haha

And her balls drops in your mouth.

>ram and drive storage are my only concerns

hmmm

Post some loli feet

I'd prefer to suck the toe jam and dirt from her toes, to be quite frank with you

>I need a decent cheap laptop. looking to spend $350-400 USD
W220.
You can buy three of them if you want.

What are your needs?

Ask .

Thinkpads are decent

>Cheap
Nope
>Decent
Nope
>Gay
Yes

Probably because any mobile processor is fine for browsing, word processing and video playback you shitsucking retard.

T430

Samsung Chromebook Plus
Fully open source bootloader
Excellent 3:2 touchscreen display
stowable stylus
2.3 lbs
10hr battery
Extremely durable in drop tests

>Possibly the best keyboard of any laptop, certainly at that price
>Fantastic build quality, built like a rock
>With the exception of some models and some components, very easily upgradable.
>Plenty of IO
>Great battery life
>All for less than $500
I got an R61 off ebay for £50. Specs aren't brilliant but it gets the job done, and for the price you cant beat it

I got a basic ASUS a couple years ago that does the basic browsing and media but windows 10 sucked so switched to linux. Try to get something with a lighted keyboard though I have so many regrets that I didn't.