95 was 23 years ago

95 was 23 years ago.

Mac OS 9 was released 37 years ago.

and the UI has yet to be improved on. Luna, Aero, Metro, trash, trash, and trash.

You forgot to take your meds again, user.

You can't improve perfection.

Do you think Windows 98 and 2000 were improvements on the Windows 95 UI?

Mac OS 1 was.

The main thing they did that was worthwhile was making folders open in the same window by default, instead of a new one. That left-side preview pane was (and is) bullshit.

I forget when back/forward/up buttons and mouse shortcuts got added, not sure if that was 98 or XP. That really should have been just up/forward though.

>The main thing they did that was worthwhile was making folders open in the same window by default, instead of a new one.
Yes, by default. You could do that in Win95 also.

>and how many fa/g/g/ots here remember using win95 on release day and keeping buddy holly on continuous loop.

Prob 1-5 original fags

Who are you quoting?
I was 8 years old and remember it firmly, not just the advertisements, my brother went to pick it up and it was a hassle to get, I remember installing it together on his computer. The other day I took my hard drive out as I didn't have a CD-ROM drive and installed it on his computer while he was at work.

>I forget when back/forward/up buttons and mouse shortcuts got added
With IE integration, so probably 98 or something.

That's when I was born

Windows 7 was released 61 years ago

>be me in 1996
>"Win95 is shit, i'll stick with 3.11"
I regret nothing.

>started elementary school that year
>people who were born that year are now 23
>there are people who were born in 2000 and already can "legally" post on Sup Forums

>not transcending to NT
bet you played games like a soyboy

Win95 is not NT you tard.

This, I did the same. 3.11 > win 95.

3.11 was shit for internet, trumpet winsock would crash quite often. win95 dialup tool was way better.

Windows 8 was released 94 years ago

Feels real old man.

>tfw turning 40 this year

NT was not mainstream before win2k you idiot. win95 was just dos with a new desktop manager and a few more tools, other than that was 3.11 for workgroups the solid choice.

>40 year old frogposter

>implying frogposters aren't all 40

fellow frogposter here, i'm turning 34 in spring.