New year is a good time to stop being used by windows. Get an Ubuntu live USB...

New year is a good time to stop being used by windows. Get an Ubuntu live USB, hit install and start using your computer like a chad.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux
store.steampowered.com/linux
winehq.org/
virtualbox.org/
linuxmint.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i need windows for 3d rendering, vs, adobe software, foobar and many other work tools.

no, i will not settle for watered down linux alternatives. thanks for reading

Don't remember the last time I hat to boot any of these

>I need windows
>for shitbar 2k
The sooner someone shots you is the better.

>3d rendering, vs, adobe software,
There is no chance you need all 3 of those for work simultaneously. Stop LARPing, faggot.

of course.
you probably don't do anything except browse the internet.

good job somehow missing every other part mentioned in the sentence.

3D models need textures.
Textures are done in PS.
VS is the best professional IDE
It's the industry standard pipeline.

Of course, you're a dumbass linux user that doesn't do shit except shitpost on Sup Forums and brag about how they can use terminal. I can fucking make your terminal from scratch you looniux babby.

Oh? Tell me, what exactly do you need VS for, professionally, in context of UX designing?

Hardmode: Don't try to fool me, I'm not a LARPer.

What will I gain by switching to Ubuntu?

Wish I could but when 99% of the industry you work in (VR) applications are on windows, you can't.

Aside approval from a bunch of an anonymous neckbeards? Nothing

This is a good new years resolution OP!

You can always have a windows 7 VM for software without alternatives like autocad.
WINE is more minimal but isn't always "just werks" like a VM.

linux is gay as fuck other then for hosting server purposes...windows is king...linux is gay and useless

Heh, how typical.

I've noticed the kids that try to brag about being employed because they've got windows installed are, without any exception, actually unemployed. It's not hard to deduct as at least 90% of wintoddlers are Sup Forums refugees and like to project their insecurity onto others.

Lol no only autistic weeb faggots and edgy teens use lincuck or bshit

I use it for game dev, though that's my hobby. I said it was a work tool, and the best professional IDE. Not saying I use VS in a professional context. My main job lies in 3D rendering.

What does showing a paystub prove? I'm saying why do you need linux as your desktop OS at home?

You don't really know what cuck means, right?

Linux is a kernel. Usually used in combination with GNU on the desktop and Android on mobile.

>though that's my hobby.
You hobby "devs" sure like to delude yourselves, don't you.
>Not saying I use VS in a professional context.
Of course you don't. Unless you are working on a shitty startup business, no one actually forces you to use MSVS.
In fact, MSVSC is typically avoided because you want to use either Clang or GCC.
I use Linux at home AND at work. Problem?

What a gay ass tripfag

Also, that's just a tax invoice. Net pay is a little bit more than that.

>Linux is a name that broadly denotes a family of free and open-source software operating systems (OS) built around the Linux kernel.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux

>You hobby "devs" sure like to delude yourselves, don't you.
Delude myself into what? I'm using it to program, and VS is a professional IDE. Are you saying that is not correct?

> no one actually forces you to use MSVS.
I'd imagine they wouldn't force you to use any IDE. It wouldn't make any sense not to use it if you're using .NET/C#. It's what it was built for, and using C# with it is as smooth as butter.

>Delude myself into what?
That you are on pay-roll. Case on point, you say VS is a ``professional" IDE, and you don't use it for any profession. You are just one of those UX "engineer".
Now
>It wouldn't make any sense not to use it if you're using .NET/C#
What doesn't make sense is that you seem to think .NEET is the only framework and C# is the only language out there, hence anyone that doesn't use VS is not ``professional". Your sweet fantasy is pretty amusing.

So what exactly do you do?
You clearly do not need VS for any work,
And your job is ``3D rendering". Is your job Sup Forums related or about liberal arts? What qualification does one need to get hired in your position?

Kys tripfag

I get that a lot.
I'll take my leave now.

Any NEET wincuck looking for internship should contact me.

>and start using your computer
but there is no Start button!

My main job is 3D rendering. I never said I was employed using VS. It's my work tool because I use it for my hobby game dev, which is work.

>you say VS is a ``professional" IDE, and you don't use it for any profession
Because Visual Studio is designed as a professional IDE, meaning it is used, by professionals. That does not mean I am a professional for using it.

>C# is the only language out there
VS supports a ton of languages. I listed c# because it's what I specifically use.

>hence anyone that doesn't use VS is not ``professional".
Where did I imply that someone not using VS means they aren't a professional.

>i need windows for 3d rendering, vs, adobe software, foobar and many other work tools.

>You clearly do not need VS for any work,
Game development is work. It's actually more work than my main job. I have a good friend who works at an AAA dev company and they definitely use VS. I have a good friend working at an AAA company that stated VS is their main preference, and I believe him.

>Is your job Sup Forums related or about liberal arts?
How is this relevant to anything?

>I have a good friend who works at an AAA dev company and they definitely use VS.
Meant to delete the duplicate line.

I agree trips are cancerous.

Yet another ''I need windows for """"professional""" work" proves to be a neckbeard video-game hobbyist. How surprising!
Also, lmao for getting BTFO by a tripfag

can loonux retards not read or something?

autocad, adobe and such are the professional tools I'm using. VS is the 'work' tool I'm using for my hobby, since the user asked why I was using it.

I guess it can't be helped when a poor loonuxtard's brain has been rotted away from fiddling with their macros and ricing their desktops all day.

You're a hobby dev because no one hires you.

Bye OP

> doesn't tile seamlessly
Did not save.

Already have a profession. You suck at making arguments. To be expected of a looney tard.

>
>Already have a profession. You suck at making arguments. To be expected of a looney tard.

1. Ok you need Windows for work. There's nothing I can do about that. What about your personal computer?

2. If it is a hobby, you don't **need** visual studio. If you do, then you can probably get by in a VM if you a computer with enough CPU and memory to spare (you can afford it).

3. ...

4. Profit?

Linux has no games or software support faggot. And before you even have the chance to conjure the thought I'll tell you that LITERALLY everyone games these days, with PC gaming getting especially popular, even fucking e-sport competitive gaming is normie as fuck these days. YOU are the strange one for not playing video games.

And now to the topic of software support. Actual professionals with actual jobs that make actual good money use ONLY proprietary software and with good reason because it actually works. No design company will EVER hire you when all you have is experience in GIMPd. Fuck you, use windows, stop being contrarian.

>What about your personal computer?
Foobar for listening to music, among many other Windows only software I use.

>2. If it is a hobby, you don't **need** visual studio.
I'm using C#, so it would not many any logical sense not to use it.

>VM if you a computer with enough CPU and memory to spare
Why the fuck would I do that and deal with WINE/pass-through bullshit when I can have native performance by using it on the platform it was designed for.

I ssh into ubuntu from my VPS for seedbox/hosting usage. That's the most extent it'll ever have for me.

fuck you OP

GNU/Linux*

legit kek
>BUTT STATUS
[ ] Not hurt
[x] Hurt

When you love tech/computers you end up with GNU+Linux anyway.

I need windows for vydia development since I only export for windows users anyways.

Would be kinda retarded to use linux when I make games for windows. Linux is hot shit though, maybe I'll build a second pc one day just for it

I am happy with macOS. No reason for me to switch.

muh games >>Sup Forums or store.steampowered.com/linux
muh software winehq.org/ virtualbox.org/
muh too hard to use >>Sup Forums or linuxmint.com/

>Ubuntu
GNOME UI is literally worse than Metro UI which is trash

>Be me
>Have a Surface Book
>Wanna try Ubuntu on it because why not?
>Touch screen doesn't work out of the box.
>Doesn't detect the GPU, so far no one has found a way to get it to work.
>No gaymes
>No Adobe

I Think I'll pass for now.

>give up 3d rendering, games, software, drivers
>get systemd and a windows emulator
woah

If macOS makes you happy, try GNU/Linux and enjoy the experience of uptodate, uncucked and uncrippled Unix.

> (You)
>>What about your personal computer?
>Foobar for listening to music, among many other Windows only software I use.
. If it is a hobby, you don't **need** visual studio.
>I'm using C#, so it would not many any logical sense not to use it.
> >VM if you a computer with enough CPU and memory to spare
>Why the fuck would I do that and deal with WINE/pass-through bullshit when I can have native performance by using it on the platform it was designed for.
>I ssh into ubuntu from my VPS for seedbox/hosting usage. That's the most extent it'll ever have for me.

If it is by choice, that's fine. I thought you wanted to switch. Not all the build tools for Dot Net Core are free as in free speech yet but it mostly works so you should face little pain if you do decide to go full Linux. Good luck!

>>Be me
>>Have a Surface Book
>>Wanna try Ubuntu on it because why not?
>>Touch screen doesn't work out of the box.
>>Doesn't detect the GPU, so far no one has found a way to get it to work.
>>No gaymes
>>No Adobe
>I Think I'll pass for now.

Yeah, I'm just amazed it works at all in a surface book. If you have a desktop computer, it will work better.

all of that is complete trash though

>2017 + 2hrs and 3 mins
>still thinking that drivers are a problem in linux

Why not make them cross-platform if you eventually start using Linux?

>everyone games
>with PC gaming
>competitive gaming
Listen, and listen well, you little piece of shit and everyone else who does this, this isn't a tech related rant, or even an anti-game rant.
The word 'game' is a substantive, you will IMMEDIATELY stop using it as a verb, go back to elementary school before posting on the internet, have I made myself clear you analphabet spoiled faggot?

>playing video games
This is how you use the word game on a setence, you got it right once, maybe there is still hope for you, please stop embarrassing yourself an start auto-correcting your posts.
Thank you and happy new year!

>ubuntu
get fucked.

>not carefully choosing every component of your new operating system yourself

Good nuff for beginners.

>download linux on a windows PC and put it into a flash drive
>NSA infects the flash drive and consequently the linux

So Wintards ITT are a bunch of menchildren playing vydeo gaymes all day and "professional gaymes devs" even though they are probably flipping burgers thinking they'll create the next big meme game and get rich by playing with PS and doing fizzbuzz in VS, LMAO.

no games
fuck off

>I NEED WINDOS FOR MY SOHPISTICATED HOBBIES LIKE VIDEO GAYMS OK WHY DON'T YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU ARE DIVORCING ME, WHO IS TYRONE?????