How much would you pay for a legitimate United States passport in your name with an accurate photo and information?

How much would you pay for a legitimate United States passport in your name with an accurate photo and information?

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-05-07/americans-abroad-top-quarterly-record-for-giving-up-citizenship
bbc.co.uk/news/35383435
forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2016/05/06/many-americans-renounce-citizenship-even-before-president-trump/#1a90c02e2b66
travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/abroad/legal-matters/benefits/voting.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passport#Request_page
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rescue_of_Jessica_Buchanan_and_Poul_Hagen_Thisted
alternet.org/rss/breaking_news/300351/botched_afghan_rescue_would_spell_trouble_for_seals
telegraph.co.uk/expat/4194209/British-troops-sent-to-Ivory-Coast-on-rescue-mission.html
rt.com/uk/353114-sas-turkey-evacuation-britons/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Eagle_Claw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

About 3.50

about 150 bux :^D

I can just go on boat and steal whitey job

Not a penny desu

all the money I have and will ever have

I don't know, how much do they cost to get renewed? Haven't done it in a while.

I guess your people already did that in the 19th century.

20 euro maybe if only it had a nice design

I'd pay 500 euro for a Russian passport so I might start working in ФCБ

Why the fuck should I want that

Butthurt much?
No one wants your passport.

$0

nil
desu I'd rather be in a satellite state than in the US
at least that way an unlikely change remains possible

I prefer to keep my Dutch passport.

You mean the one passport that virtually gurantees you'll be killed or held hostage by practically every single militant group, guerrilla, teror organization and criminal mafia in the world?

It's a nice passport user

I'd pay NOT to have one, because being a US citizen would be awful since I don't want to live there so the US tax authorities would bother me wherever I lived in the world

They're the only developed country to do that draconian supranational tax bullshit. I can't understand how any Americans unironically talk about freedom while they're subjected to that.

>I'd pay NOT to have one
this

It's so bad that Americans who live abroad are renouncing citizenship to their own country.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-05-07/americans-abroad-top-quarterly-record-for-giving-up-citizenship
bbc.co.uk/news/35383435
forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2016/05/06/many-americans-renounce-citizenship-even-before-president-trump/#1a90c02e2b66

50 eurocents

I'd suck big american cock for the rest of my life for this glorious piece of paper.

You can certainly discontinue and waive your citizenship, and can even still vote while abroad, keeping in line with the general "taxation with representation" thingy. travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/abroad/legal-matters/benefits/voting.html

You're a citizen, living abroad, under the protection of the strongest country in the world, why should that be free?

You're being protected

I already have one

>But Fatca expands the scope of what can be taxed, and places a burden on foreign banks to identify US citizens among their customers to US tax authorities. The penalty for failing to do so can be as high as 30% of all a bank's dealings with the USA.

>As a result, ordinary Americans abroad are being denied access to basic banking facilities; banks would rather refuse US citizens' custom than run the risk of hefty penalties.

>"I went to one and as soon as I typed in I was born in the United States, there was a big set of red letters that said 'No to US persons'," says Jane.

>"I've got to pay my bills, I've got to buy food - I've got to have a bank."

>For people like her the only option is to renounce their citizenship, and this is causing such a backlog of paperwork that in November, the fee for renunciation was put up to $2,350 - an increase of about 400%.

A lot of it is to prevent a sort of tax haven/loophole from forming in that rich Citizens would claim foreign residence while still staying within the US.

>and can even still vote while abroad
Why are you pointing this out like it's special? Anyone can vote abroad via postal vote. Is there a western democracy that doesn't allow that?

>keeping in line with the general "taxation with representation" thingy.
Except the USA uniquely fails here as well. The USA is the only western democracy I'm aware of that forces US citizens, living in the USA, to pay taxes to the federal government while receiving NO voting representation in Congress. Talking about Washington DC.

"Taxation without representation" happens in 2016 in the USA, hundreds of years after you fought for independence supposedly for that reason.

And OP is suggesting I should pay for the privilege of being taxed without representation - if I wanted to live in a certain place in the USA.

It's possible to craft policy so that it only affects rich people and doesn't fuck over regular Americans just trying to live abroad

This. I traveled to Egypt last summer and when I went out alone I borrowed my Canadian buddies passport in case I got robbed or something. We look similar enough.

10€

Yeah, but politicians here don't like to think.

>You're a citizen, living abroad, under the protection of the strongest country in the world, why should that be free?

I'm beginning to understand why Americans complain about their government more than anyone else. It's because the US government actually behaves like low-life thugs asking for protection money.

My British passport means I get protection and assistance wherever I am in the world because of who I am - a British citizen. It actually means something. The US attitude seems to be 'show me the money or go fuck yourself'. Finally if you want to make them leave you alone, in addition to losing all your privileges as a citizen you have to pay them a large sum of money as well

I can only understand the appeal of this to people from 3rd world countries

nothing.
>actually implying we wouldn't rather to immigrate into the land of opportunities: canada

The UK never claims to offer protection for citizens abroad with a passport. You don't even understand your own system:

for what it's worth you have to be making around 95k to be subject to taxes abroad if I remember right. I'm sure plenty of expats make more than that but I'd bet a lot don't. The issue is that even if you owe nothing you still have to file, which is a pain in the ass and can fuck some people over if they forget

You get Medicare and Social Security as well even if you don't live in the US

100$

>IIT yuropoors pretending they never thought about moving to the USA

:^)

no intentions of going there so 0

DC Residents can vote for President, and have done so since the 1970s. That being said, there have been many proposals and ideas for DC statehood. One had been to sever the Capitol/White House area from the rest and either make the rest its own state or to give it back to Maryland.

This. You don't go to jail for not paying your taxes, you go to jail for not filing.

>The UK never claims to offer protection for citizens abroad with a passport.

Literally the first page of my passport

I know all that but the filing process is so complex that many Americans have no practical choice but to pay for assistance to do it, so it costs time and money. I know people who are affected by this stuff.

>DC Residents can vote for President, and have done so since the 1970s.
I know they can vote for the President that's why I specifically said voting representation in CONGRESS. This shouldn't be that hard to resolve.

The USA is not the only federation with a government district. There are loads of western democracies which are federations, such as Australia. They still manage to give their citizens representation if they pay their fucking taxes.

>The Federal Government should have a representative of itself

many people pay someone to do their taxes inside the US as well m8.

It says that on all passports. I have a Mexican passport and it says something similar. Second paragraph.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passport#Request_page

>Not taxing fatcat rich fucks who want to take their wealth to go live abroad

Classcucked Europoors

So don't tell me the UK doesn't claim to offer protection or assistance. You fuckers have no idea what you're on about.

>The UK never claims to offer protection for citizens abroad with a passport.

Does pic related not compute for you because we don't pay taxes abroad?

Are you serious, nigger? That's just asking the country that the bearer is visiting to protect you. It doesn't say anything about your own country doing anything about it if you get kidnapped.
>RAF evacuates Britons from South Sudan
Even the Mexican consulate would set up evacuation flights from another country if that country had an emergency, and it does. The only country that will actually deploy the military to get you back if you're kidnapped by terrorists is the US. We even rescue citizens of other countries because their nations won't do it for them.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rescue_of_Jessica_Buchanan_and_Poul_Hagen_Thisted

>Brits won't rescue their own people abroad
>we do it for them
>then we kill them
alternet.org/rss/breaking_news/300351/botched_afghan_rescue_would_spell_trouble_for_seals

>the brits never claim protection
>okay they do but everybody does so I'm right

Seriously fuck that guy and everybody like him, you're the cancer of the youth and I hope you grow up soon
>hurr durr I can't admit I was wrong even when I obviously am

>The only country that will actually deploy the military to get you back if you're kidnapped by terrorists is the US.

Not sure if you're trolling me but I'm going to prove you wrong anyway

>British troops - believed to include members of the SAS - have been sent to the troubled West African state of Ivory Coast.
>They will finalise contingency plans for the rescue of hundreds of UK citizens, including diplomatic staff, should the violence in the west African state spiral out of control.
telegraph.co.uk/expat/4194209/British-troops-sent-to-Ivory-Coast-on-rescue-mission.html

>British special forces are ready to rescue UK citizens in Turkey in the event of a second coup attempt. The news comes as Amnesty International reports credible evidence of the rape and abuse of detained coup soldiers as part of the government crackdown.
rt.com/uk/353114-sas-turkey-evacuation-britons/

BTW this is kind of in the MoD's job description so it's weird how you're saying the British military won't protect British people abroad. Considering they've done it before and all.

Is this autism?

$3.50

>hundreds
Will they do it for two rescue workers in Afghanistan? Apparently not.

I'd rather choose a Canadian passport.

>Is this autism?
I have American friends IRL who live in the UK and the filing taxes abroad bullshit is a big deal for some of them. It's a genuinely upsetting thing for someone to consider renouncing their citizenship if they love their country because they just can't cope with the costs of being a citizen.

Combination of that and OP's smug post asking how much we'd pay to be subjected to that shit kind of pissed me off, so yeah I turned the autism dials to maximum and I'll keep sperging until I need to sleep

100 dollars

*aid workers

10 buxz :D

You keep moving the goalposts. First you said the UK doesn't offer protection, then I proved it does, and now you're fishing for more specific examples. If I give you an example for a smaller rescue you'll find something else to ask for. You're an idiot who is unable to back up your arguments with facts, you just assert things that aren't true and wait for others to disprove you.

I don't expect the UK military to be able to successfully rescue everyone from anywhere in the world, I only expect them to do it if it's possible. Maybe it wasn't possible for those two aid workers. Sometimes the military can't get in or it's too risky. Certainly there have been plenty of US military rescue failures in the past.

I can't believe you actually thought the USA was the only country that sent its military to rescue its citizens abroad. You're so fucking stupid.

>. Maybe it wasn't possible for those two aid workers
Only for the UK, because you live in a weak and powerless country.

This. There's a good chance I will renounce my citizenship once I move. That said, you pay taxes if you make over 95k, under that you just file taxes.

>arguing this much about passports

>Only for the UK

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Eagle_Claw

Everytime I read somebody saying that they're stridently against getting US citizenship I know that person and has never been here and I feel bad that they've missed out on seeing this awesome nation

You should do that now while you're still in the US m8.

Also, you should consider that you're losing all them money put aside previously into social security and any financial benefits you'd otherwise receive.

>1980
>comparing that to 2010s
OK

Can't renouce my citizenship till I get my other one. All that money isn't much when you're still pretty young.

I'm not certain I will though.

You are wrong, I've been to the USA multiple times. I like the place a lot. One of my favourite countries and I like Americans in general.

But as I said, I would not get US citizenship if you paid me. It's definitely a net negative.

no this is what a discussion looks like, go shitpost in /cum/.

True, it's also easier to reapply for citizenship in the US as a former citizen if you ever saw the need.

Go for it, just do it cleanly and make it clear that it's primarily for tax purposes

The US was a 'weak and powerless country' (your words, your logic) in the 1980s?

Really makes you think. Hmmmm.

There's a difference between a botched operation and not even trying.

Balance of probabilities you retard. If there's a high risk it will be a botched operation then they shouldn't go ahead with it. If Putin decides to take some UK citizens hostage and keep them held under the Kremlin, I don't expect our Chally 2's ordered to roll across the border towards Moscow

Those two aid workers were rescued by SEALs instead,

"rescued"

>The massive blunder of killing the very person the team set out to rescue could have serious negative fallout that may dent the long-standing reputation of the SEALs, whose creed ends with the line "I will not fail."

$0.

Don't want to pay US tax or be bothered with US taxman.

50 bucks enough?

You guys can have mine. I don't want it.

10 thousand dollars.
freedom isnt free.

None. I like Europe more

>be Brit
>get shot