What is your opinion on European Federalism, meaning, creating a single nation out of the EU?

What is your opinion on European Federalism, meaning, creating a single nation out of the EU?

it'd be a little better than the current system i guess because the rest of europe would actually have to help with southern europe's recession instead of fucking us up with DEBT, nice """""""""""""""""""""""""""""allies"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

It won't work because they all have different values. Besides, it doesn't really matter to me anymore because we've escaped Merkel's tyranny.

in a federal system, you wouldn't be able to acquire so much debt in the first place

very bad idea; IMO the EU as is is already too far and Schnegen/the Euro should be done away with

Fucking horrible idea. We're a living example of federalism.

ROFL. Look at some of our states.

I want to know who will control EU military and how its member states get any say, if at all.

>What is your opinion on European Federalism, meaning, creating a single nation out of the EU?

It'll happen as soon as German savers agree to underwrite the debts of the Eurozone periphery countries. I.e., never.

Meme tier, a complete joke like Pan-Africanism

and you are the worlds only superpower

t. Alberto Barbossa

Sounds nice and Britain should be forced to take part

this, and they should also pay a fine for trying to leave

>and they should also pay a fine for trying to leave
Ahhh, federalists at their best.

That's because the majority of the states don't really have anything unique about them; they're just random people from other states who moved out for cheap land. Speaking the same language and being incredibly geographically close to others means you're not really going to develop a distinct culture.

It can't be worse than what we have in France

I wish we could but it wouldn't work

No reason not to.

Let's do this.

We also have a Bill of Rights and Constitution.

Europe does not have either of those.

pretty sure they have both of those things bud, they're just weaker

Then how do they know what the limits of their government are and what their rights are

>pretty sure they have both of those things bud
In no European country is there a Constitution of negative liberties.

Thats why European federalism wont work.

>Then how do they know what the limits of their government are and what their rights are
They don't. Thats why you cant swim without a burkini some days.

Of course the americunts don't want a single strong State because it's better for they if we are 27 puppets nation States.

Fuck off.

Why so mean? See

you are a nice fellow

Thanks, that's nice of you to say.

im afraid that is impossible, in our lifetime atleast

No...no goddammit...

>It won't work because they all have different values.
The USA works just fine, and our values are extremely different by state

:^)

I don't think it's possible. Euros are not known for being friendly and cooperative

Theoretically, I can't see why it shouldn't work. The USA works just fine as a union.

But then I realize Europeans are literal human garbage who hate and kill their neighbours at all times like subhuman savages and realize it has no hope of ever working.

disgusting

>What was the Roman Empire

This.

An EU superstate would probably just result in another world war. Eurobros can't help themselves.

wtf guys we have been peaceful since 70 years

it will happen.

nobody invited you mongols

Partly because of America's presence and influence. Europe can't be trusted to unite and run itself

I dont think this is necessary true
The biggest reason for peace in Europe is the German-French friendship

You guys would be better off making a Confederation of sorts, with domestic and economic issues being highly decentralized

That's because our countries have actual history, thus land claims.

Land claims that seem to change three times a century.

Peace has been maintained mostly through NATO and because people aren't giving a shit about jingoist nationalism anymore.

The EU will change that as most people will not want to give up their national identity in their country to join some overarching union. It's already highly controversial with it intervening even as lightly as it does, Brexit wouldn't even come close to the level of butt-devastation experienced in European countries.

If this happens the US should annex the entire western hemisphere to maintain the status quo and not let the leftist cucks become the leaders of the free world

Why do Europeans think the United States is scared of a unified Europe? The US laid the groundwork for the EU to begin with Eisenhower's coal and steel deal. The US is and has always been the single biggest proponent of a more unitary European state.

Sooo, the EU?

>thinking NATO maintains euro peace.

Nigga the ECSC had way more to do with keeping the peace within Europe than NATO ever did, the fuck are you even talking about.

Also for the Euro to work properly you guys need to federalize at least financially and establish central European banks so that these bailouts stop fucking you over.

this is literally what we are talking about with federalized Europe.

A united Europe would be comparable to Germany uniting in the 1870s, which definitely cause increased tensions in Europe as the new country of Germany flexed its new power. I don't think it would repeat itself the same way but the USA suddenly having a challenger to world power would cause tension between the two as the EU would start to push the USA out of European politics.