IToddlers, what would it take for you to switch to Android?

iToddlers, what would it take for you to switch to Android?

Other urls found in this thread:

gadgetsnow.com/tech-news/samsung-galaxy-s8s-manufacturing-cost-revealed/articleshow/58306394.cms
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A free dildo.

Becoming poor.

The vast majority of iphones are bought on a loan

dont they sell iphones at walmart?

Security and battery life.. Have both since N1. Money not a prob. iPhone always ends up being daily, no matter how much I like my pixel 2. Just buy both, and join both botnets with me.

Longer security upgrades. I go ape crap crazy when they tell me I have to throw away my freshly purchased telephone after almost 1+2 years because they want me to buy more Oreo or nuget crunch bistro for fresher hardware. Maybe I do not want freshly baked. Crap dude.

I bought my Samsung for 800€. I could get an iPhone for the same price. You faggot.

Updates, ecosystem, software quality and privacy.

something like iMessage made default on all Android phones. longer updates/security patches. Better security, something like iCloud lock that stops Jamal's from using them.

Please let this be bait

>I bought my Samsung for 800€
lmao retard

Hey OP, don't hurt the iToddlers' feelings!

I moved to the iPhone 8 after years of using Android. 10000 times better.

So the same profit margin as any big flagship phone.

gadgetsnow.com/tech-news/samsung-galaxy-s8s-manufacturing-cost-revealed/articleshow/58306394.cms

>hey look, at least this company also did it!
That doesn't help the argument either. Also, since the s8 starts around 700, and according to your article, it costs 300 dollars, that makes the profit margin 400 dollars. The iPhone X costs 400 dollars to make and starts at around 1000 dollars. Still a hundred dollar difference there

Apple buying Alphabet.

Android to stop using Java and switch to a real language that isn't filled with memory leaks.

if android had:
imessage
a non pajeet apps store
better quality phones
less input lag
less disjointedness in the OS

I could never understand even buying flagship Android devices... The only real shortcoming of midrange phones is the camera, which honestly I never use for anything more than taking a pic of something stupid.
Past 4gigs of ram Android really handles quite well, and unless you "game" on a phone I fail to see the need for the newest super-processor.

Been using OnePlus X for years, now I'll probably switch to Xiaomi A1 and I struggle to find something better.

>measuring profit margin in dollar terms

Brainlet. You measure it in percent, not dollar terms. 100 dollars profit margin would be huge on a steak but tiny on a car.

Also, this doesn't even include the cost of R&D, shipping, warranty, and all the other random overheads. So the actual profit margin is much smaller

If Apple stopped paying me for the damage control.

>better quality phones
Ah, so all Android phone manufacturers should build phones that bend in your pocket.

>phones over 5"

You couldn't fucking pay me to switch.

Even if they fixed the fragmentation problem, made phones that don't explode, got iMessages (somehow?), and completely over hauled the UX of the OS, I would still buy iPhone.

I was on Android from the G1 to the Nexus 4 and I will never go back.

Even 6 inches phones don't bend like that.

>Phones under 6"
It's 2018 grandpa, people do things on their phone now.

a good warranty

>iPhone 8
>Meanwhile there's iPhone X with X times better

Buying an android that heated up until the smell of melting plastic from day 1, an app store half full of malware, and no more updates 18 months into a 2 year plan = last android ever.

Steve Job's literal dick in their ass.

that was a feature nigger

Doesn't Samsung give security updates for at least 3 years?

I remember still getting security updates on my S6 way after it was over 2 years old

t. overcompensating dicklet

> I would still buy iPhone.
Yeah because you're a fucking idiot

You're comparing your experience with Ios to Android back when it was horseshit

>this
How do they even justify this shit, android phones would get such a huge bump in performance if they weren't running a java pajeet OS on a fucking VM

1. You can write apps in fucking C if you want
2. There won't be any noticable bump in performance - java is fast, it just consumes a lot of RAM.

I know about 3 people that Always used Iphones that have switched Android and they all shit on Apple now.

The only people I know that still buy Apple are the ones that always have, or ones that never owned a recent high end flagship Android phone

FUCKING KEK

Pure and more unified android experience without any supplementary bloat inserted by different manufacturers across all the devices. More refined software handling experience "depends on case by case basis". More and quicker support for apps in the playstore.
Currently I'm on an i6s after having switched over from a galaxy s5. The only thing I can really complain about is the battery life, but that might be alleviated after i replace it. Whilst I'm missing some of the features of android (flirting with an idea of trying out the Pixel 2) , I do prefer the iphone's streamlined performance.
In my own horrible metaphor i would say that the iphone is like a 30fps stable performance whilst the Android can reach 45- 50fps but it will often enough go down to 25 -20 and for me at least, that's really annoying when handling the device since I constantly need to readjust my gestures and timing to the devices which constantly changes it's opinion on how long it needs open up the phone screen or pull up the keyboard on the messaging app.

>bought his iphone on a service plan

I will switch to Android once they implement a feature that works compatible with iMessage

>just consumes a lot of RAM
Well that's a big problem.

/thread

Bruh google Dalvik vs ART. Android apps may be written in Java usually but they aren't run on the JVM.

The difference is samsung bought off the shelf components and used off the shelf operating systems.
Applel uses cpus designed in house and software designed in house.

With 8GB of RAM phones? Nah. I already can keep every app in my launcher running simultaneously, Android actually doesn't even utilize that amount of RAM unless you make build.prop fixes - it starts killing apps way before you hit the RAM limit.

You mention a feature only americans use but speak like a pajeet. Hmm.

>imessage
telegram. facebook messenger. kik. signal. riot. etc
>a non pajeet apps store
f-droid
>better quality phones
subjective
>less input lag
works on my phone
>less disjointedness in the OS
works on my phone

>telegram. facebook messenger. kik. signal. riot. etc
i dont have a facebook and others you mentioned are freetard shit. all my friends are using imessage; we ain't broke so why install another app when theres a built in one

f droid is cool but then there aren't enough apps to install. everyone uses google play

also you just don't notice how good everything is on iPhones until you actually use them. 70ms difference in delay is almost unnoticeable but with other general sluggishness of android it can make overall usage worse

iMessage.

Pretty sure these same threads existed back then, with the same fanboy responses

Apple going bankrupt, but even then, I'd probably use a chinkphone just for Whatsapp and Snapchat and carry around a laptop.

I bought a moto g just to see what i had missed.

Nothing its all the same. Also back then everyone here was jacking their ween to android about how good it was. People lost their minds when gingerbread and honeycomb got announced.

>you just don't notice how good everything is on iPhones until you actually use them
I have an ipad mini and its constantly locking up and ignoring screen input

>ipad mini
zoz
prolly also old shit

>you're owning it wrong!
iToddlerism.

nothing,I'm on android until the Librem 5 comes out

Google Pixel or bust

The Asus Zenphone AR 128GB version is almost £1,000. Almost a mini PC in the form of a phone, running Android OS. More expensive than an iPhone and actually worth the money compared to most mobiles..but you wouldn't know shit about that because money > performance and spec. Amirite?

phonetrollops, what would it take for you to get the FUCK out of my board?

Nothing. The only Android phone I'd ever buy would be the Pixel but that's utter shit. I don't want to share a platform with 80% third worlders, have no accessories for my obscure phone, have to deal with pajeets on the phone if there's ever a problem, have my carrier for some reason controlling when I get my dessert OS updates and just have an all round generally shit experience regarding software.

Android user here and it's really hard when you don't have iMessage and a friend sends a video that ends up blurry due to LTE compression. iMessage doesn't do that cause it goes through apples servers.

iMessage on Android. Thatll never happen so ill probably never go back. I loved my Galaxy S2 and S4 and putting Roms and CM on it but ever since going to an iPhone theres no way I can go back.

You own nothing and are nothing on here, sir.

Moto G 2014 LTE w/LineageOS 15.1
This > any iPrison

I had the first Android phone, the HTC dream, then all android phones until I got an iPhone 6S plus. All I can say is I was stupid as fuck. I rooted my android phones and knew what I was doing, but the iPhone is just a superior experience. Like everyone of my Android phones suffered from crashes with RAM management. Even my last Android phone that had more than my iPhone.

If sony quit half assing the compact line I'd come back. Unfortunately it's viewed as more of a mid-high product so hopefully Apple updates the SE so I can actually have a good camera in a tiny device.

lmao it works every goddamn time

Honestly, the Pixel 2 phones are good enough that I'd feel fine using them instead of iPhone. But there's no compelling feature that would make me switch right now. If they had some killer feature that wasn't available on iOS I'd be happy to switch. But I've owned several nexuses as backup phones. Pure Android is great but not as nice as iOS.

My iPhone 4 broke, I bought a OnePlus 3. I will use my OnePlus 3 until it breaks, and then buy a new phone.

>you're owning it wrong!
iToddlerism.

I would rather stick with my iPhone and continue to live in the Apple ecosystem, which works for me since I use both a iMac and MBP. If I were ever to stop using an iPhone, I'd probably go to pic related.

What's your point?

It has to run a powerful processor, wtf are Snapdragon 835 still being put in top-tier Androids?

Make a 4" screen Android to compete with the iPhone SE. iPhone SE may be EOL'd here soon, it's a perfect opportunity for Android to swoop in, closest anyone gets is Xperia's Compact 4.7" phone. Android makers have been the ones with the big screens for so long they forgot there are people who want small phones too.

Messaging with the basic features and ubiquity of iMessage. The closest thing now in the US is Facebook messenger but fuck that.

The camera has to be equal to or better quality than the iPhone, also has to take Live Photos. This probably means dedicated photo rendering chips.

I want to be able to store my photos somewhere besides Google Photos, it must support importing my existing Live Photos. Right now nothing like that exists.

The surface pen is subjectively worse than the Apple Pencil desu

I have a $110 telstra 4GX HD due to me dropping my LG G3 on the ground 2 years ago and it smashing. This phone has been the best and longest lasting I've ever had, though I'm now considering purchasing either a 6s Plus 64gb, 8 or the next SE. I use snapchat a lot and if there were phones other than the Pixel 2 that used the camera I'd buy it.

you can get an 8 for $0 now on any run of the mill 2 year data plan this week. if you're gonna upgrade now is the time

>$0
This is how iToddler povertyfags actually think.

I switched last week. It took an app that lets me keep using itunes to sync my music rather than having to track down ~200 GB of music accumulated over 7 years and copy it manually. Also wireless charging and double cameras on decent sized phones and a fucking 3.5mm jack. shame about iMessage though.

Yeah some of the plans where I live (AUStralia) look ok, but I cant really justify spending that much when I dont need a new phone and my current plan is pretty good. ($25 for 3gb unl call n text)

>implying a willing $2000 purchase would actually force anyone into poverty

IOS level snappyness and scrolling smoothness in EVERY app. Still waiting.

>lagPhone
>smoothness

Automatic on-plugin sync with iTunes. That's literally it. I'm spending three times the money to avoid clicking buttons.

When jailbreaking will die.

Lots of battery changes.

Integrated messaging service like iMessage.

Unified updates across the board like iOS. This whole "waiting for months because Samsung has to to code it to work with their UI" is bullshit. With most phones have a 2 year cycle, "waiting" longer than you have to for updates is ridiculous. Would also like a fast and stable OS.

Only Android-based phones I would switch for are the OnePlus 5T and the Pixel lines of phones.

Anything but stock is pure cancer.

A device that isn't just another piece of generic iClone trash that differs only in sponsored shovelware it forces on its users or a handful of boring hardware gimmicks that will either be copied by every other phone maker or totally forgotten by next year. The post-2011 smartphone market bores me to tears, and probably most of what keeps me on iOS is that it's the closest I feel that I'm going to get to the professional-looking and nicely integrated Blackberries and Palms of yesteryear that used to excite me so much.

I want to see a vendor make Android their own in a good way and build something that looks nice, feels nice and works nicely that panders to a person, not a price bracket.

Only americucks use imessage, the rest of the world uses 3rd party messaging apps.
Here in italy, no one uses it, no matter the device, we all use whatsapp or telegram.
TL;DR my country does not have this problem

when there's a decent compact phone
>inb4 Sony (their phones are trash)

Can confirm, I have a December 2017 security patch with January patch expected to comeout in a few days. S6 is also rumored to get Oreo.

a free phone. My 6+ was a hand me down from my brother.

Never ever. Smartphones are shit either ways so might as well use the one that isn't cancer to use and keeps doing simple tasks simple.
>muh ricing
That's what actual computers are for

Simple, make it more expensive, and make it an expensive accessory lol.

>Only Android-based phones I would switch for are the OnePlus 5T and the Pixel lines of phones.

>Anything but stock is pure cancer.

mainly this, i'd get a pixel because of the cameras but the 2 xl is as expensive as the iphone x in my country, so fuck that i'm staying with my 6s for a third year, maybe next year i'll get a pixel 3 xl

Are you me?

>No lag
>Non shit screen
>No shit camera
>No shit logo
>No Google
>Not making me look poor

This unironically