What do you prefer? For which projects?
Which has the best job opportunities?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14744987
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

plain old normal JS
if even necessary

I prefer Vue on all my personal projects.
It's the easiest to learn and you can develop really fast with it.

Angular master race

Plain html + css for animations.

this, JS has too many vulnerabilities

Scala.js

vue best for beginners
dont tried the rest yet

React, because it's the simplest and does the least. I hate angular's stupid fancy markup, and I hate it in vue as well.

Mithril.js

Reactfags, thank me later.

this

only brainlets use javascript

everyone saying plain js has never made webpages containing more than just a few components that do more than some basic shit and with more complex data flows than enter form -> submit form

and if they have, it's probably shit. The browser game pardus.at runs on plain html/css/js without frameworks, got ajax "partial refresh" a few years back. The code to make it all work is goddamn awful, monolithic, and inflexible, not to mention chaotic.

Saying you don't need some or other framework for *complex* webpages is like saying "why did you write this entire backend program as a bunch of classes and whatnot? Just throw everything in a single main() method in C, it'll work the same".

Something I couldn't figure out looking at the docs, does mithril do all the event normalization and everything from react? I get the impression that it does not.

Server-side rendering when possible. When I decide I need a front-end framework I rewrite it with React.

React for start-up jobs, Angular for enterprise. A lot of companies are still stuck on Angular 1, too.

>Year of the linux desktop
>Using anything but plain JS + jQuery

You don't need anything else, t bh.

We use Vue at work. It’s just so much nicer than everything else.

Angular with typescript makes Javascript usable and modern. React relies a bit more on Javascript. Both will get a job but angular is a breeze

strawpoll.me/14744987

I'm learning Angular(5) because our new CRM is being built in Angular and my boss wants me to do random shit with it.

mithril

Complex webpages shouldn't even exist. The whole hype of "web app" destroying the desktop devs was the start of JS madness

Please let jQuery die.

At work we're on Angularjs and it's a behemoth of spaghetti code. We use gulp but there's no uglifyjs minification process and it's locked down on an old Laravel installation that uses elixir in gulp to do most of the work which also requires an old version of node because 8 errors out during the gulp. What's more is that the gulp script is configured in a way that using watch on the codebase doesn't work because of how files are renamed/moved in the script. We're also not using CommonJS module imports/exports and have no idea how the data model looks like because there's no typing or type checks.

Done quite a few projects using React & React Native. Overall React is a very solid library. Some annoyances with it is that in order to achieve a lower time to interactive you'd need to sacrifice having a service worker and opt for server rendering using something like next.js. React Native is alright but I haven't particularly enjoyed working with it. You constantly have to think of ways to optimise performance on Android specifically in regards to having the least amount of JS going though the JS bridge. There's still no good navigation solution out there yet. react-navigation is supposed to be the official recommend library but it's fully written in JavaScript using the react native APIs and doesn't take advantage of the native navigators which means that all screens that you're essentially transitioning are on one activity/viewport which makes it not only "fake" but you tend to notice the lag.

Made my own boilerplate for creating new react projects using styled components, redux, redux persist, redux saga, react router & flow types with sentry error logging.

Learning Vue on and off. I bought a course off udemy and downloaded it all using udemy-dl. It reminds me a lot of angularjs which makes me not that keen but I'm still going at it.

Between these 3, Vue is definitely the winner. I recently did an in depth comparison with the three frameworks including performance, bundle size and support for PWA standards, with Vue coming out on top in every category.

I use Vue with typescript, stylus, webpack and Vue single file components in a dotnet core environment with server side prerendering. It was a pain in the dick to set up, but works beautifully.

If you like react, you should be using preact. This keeps up with Vue on all fronts. With the release of angular 5, AOT builds are catching up to Vue in size and performance. It is possible the angular will surpass both frameworks at some point, though a gamble.

>>Using anything but plain JS + jQuery
>You don't need anything else, t bh.

Says the inevitable neet

I really like angular 5

Is it any different from 4? So far my code runs in 5 from 4.3x but other than service workers in the cli I haven't seen any new features

like what

>Write versions of my app for three different platforms
>Write it once as a webapp and let it run on any platform with a modern browser

There are some deprecated methods and some improvements on speed but other than that I think is the same so don't worry

After ~4 years of Angular and one year of React + Redux, I can say that the latter is the only sane choice. Who in their right mind ever thought that it's a good idea to build a framework that so heavily relies on such an idiotic way of doing DI? Reflection by using the function's toString(), seriously?

Why?

Angular

but React is growing on me