> Up-2-date packages
> Latest kernels
> Monies behind it
> No bs

All distros should forfeit to fedora

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.level1techs.com/search?q=pci passthrough
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Arch user here, been using it 4 years straight, and hands off, AUR is quite comfy

There's no reason for fedora to exists, yet it is here, pushing red hat trash, false freedom and cuckold rhel beta testing.

you forgot
>no drivers
why is it so hard to fucking include the wifi driver on the ISO
why do I have to download tar.xz files off of random forums to get wifi working
ubuntu and manjaro wifi works out of the box

>install fedora
>hot dog 'mascot' advertisement banner during setup
LOL its a no from me linus go fuck yourself

insignificant problem if you have 2 brain cells to rub together

> wants loonix to succeed
> Offended by shitty pointless OSS advertisement

This year is the year of the linux des-

I've been using fedora for about 6 months after I got fed up with debian's bullshit.

The official documentation is extremely well-done. Redhat pays people to write documentation, and it shows.

Also, it's nice that Fedora is tailor-made for systemd, rather than something like Ubuntu where systemd is shoehorned in

>Red Hat's test branch

get off suck red hat dick with your cuck distro pls

Overall great distro, writing this post on it, but
>packagekit botnet
>waymeme by default

Could say the same to non-LTS release of Ubuntu.

>get off suck red hat dick with your cuck distro pls

Tell me which distro can you go from fresh install to a fully updated working machine hosting VMs with pci passthrough working without any hassle after about 10 bash commands

Only cuck detected iz you

forfeit to fedora

muh redhat

I used to use it for my oldish p4 machines, xfce spin.

What are you talking about? I installed it on my shitty dell laptop a while back and wifi worked out of the box.

It doesn't even have mpv in its repo, into the thrash it goes.

>sudo dnf update
>sudo dnf install @virtualization

2 lines, but for pci passthrough it may be a couple more. Could you elaborate on the passthrough bit? Im a little interested

>> Stable
Yeah not really out of all the popular distros Fedora is the least stable, it is the alpha testing ground for Red hat

>> Up-2-date packages
Opensuse Tumbleweed is way more current

>> Latest kernels
Opensuse

>> Monies behind it
Opensuse

>> No bs
Forces Gnome down your throat, any other DE is purposely gimped to make the shot called Gnome 3 look semi decent

What you think you need is Fedora but what you actually need is Opensuse.

Rawhide user reporting in.

Naysayers are just butthurt fags, fedora rocks!

broadcom are shitters and are fucking up their own drivers, what else is new, there's 3 broadcom drivers to choose from, 2 of which are official, and none of them seem to work
find out what drivers other distros are using and use those, it's not exactly fedora's fault that broadcom drivers worked better 12 years ago during the ndiswrapper era than they do now

>w-we don't include pro-pro-properitartury drivers in our distro, use these open source drivers for your broadco-
*no opensource drivers available for broadcom chips*
>w-whoops h-heh looks like you j-just have to use another distro, or b-buy a better laptop ...h-eh
fedorafags everyone

fedora doesn't remove proprietary binary firmware like debian and it doesn't ship proprietary drivers like the majority of other distros - the binary firmware works fine for 99% of all other hardware, the fact that your broadcom card doesn't work out of the box with the in-kernel driver says more about broadcom than it does fedora, you're free to use the 2 other drivers that were probably built targetting a 3 year old kernel if you like

>Fedora is the least stable
t. never used fedora
>Opensuse Tumbleweed is way more current
rolling release distros are more current than release distros? tell me more
> Latest kernels
kernel vanilla repositories provide latest mainline kernels if you want to use them, I do
>Forces Gnome down your throat
which distro, barring opensuse, doesn't?
>any other DE is purposely gimped
no, the other DE's are just that bad, you get the exact same complaints with ubuntu vs kubuntu or xubuntu

What the fuck is wrong with debian??

everything

Most of the stuff you need to do is actually just figuring out that IDs of the devices you want to passthrough, and write the IDs next to the boot command at the kernel line in 1 system file to tell the OS to not touch those devices

after that it's in the GUI that you attach the devices

forum.level1techs.com/search?q=pci passthrough

Everyone is pretty much on fedora, cuz you know, werks for actual kewl shet

>>Opensuse Tumbleweed is way more current
>rolling release distros are more current than release distros? tell me more

the fact is that Tumlbleweed is way more stable than Fedora

>the fact is that Tumlbleweed is way more stable than Fedora

lies, couldn't even install it, while with fedora I could remove os ssd from laptop and it would boot on desktop without issues, back and forth

eurocucks

I would need to have a secondary gpu then, one for my linux OS and one for my passed through VM, correct?

Been using it for almost a year. Great distro.

I'm not sure if this is a case of

>I can't find anything bad to say about this OS
>NO DRIVERS!
>NO DRIVERS!
>WAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

or

>I use really fucking obscure and/or really new or old hardware
>NO DRIVERS!
>NO DRIVERS!
>WAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

Nice try NSA

Debian and Fedora are my go-to distros because of their philosophy and dedication to only shipping free and open source software.

Add the rpmfusion repos to the installer sources and you'll be able to install your divers right from the installer.
alternatively just use an ethernet cord and install the drivers after like a normal person.

see no luck
driver not present in rpmfusion either
I just fucking ditched fedora after 30 minutes of battling and installed manjaro
never again

Yes, unless you use intel with its integrated graphx, then you'll just need 1 gpu. Really the difficulty with passthrough is that you need to get a motherboard that is compatible with it. If you go all amd you probably won't have issues unless vega, but i think they're fixing that. Nvidia will throw a stoopid error if you try to passthrough it, but people have figured out a way to fool it.

>Nvidia actively doesn't want you to use their grphx in a VM.

Time to go all caveman with tech desu. Everything is such in a stoopid state. Did you know steam apparently bans people with VAC that are gaming in a VM? Personal cuckmaster race

Sup Forums time to lift, disconnect, buy a pen and paper, and use cheap durable solar powered gshock or good quality mechanical watch for time telling. Should be able to survive. Also eat meat, and only meat. And save the freedombux for retirement. Stop buying junk computing power gnu not unix cucks.

>Nice try NSA

Go back to your x200 series Richard Stallman

>broadcom
Yep, it's obscure hardware with closed source drivers. Not the fault of Fedora.

Been using *NIX since around 2001. Fedora is by far one of the best distros out there, if not the best.

Definitely better than Debian/Ubuntu, and lets not even mention joke distros like Gentoo or Arch.

>Not the fault of Fedora
it IS the fault of Fedora for NOT INCLUDING THE FUCKING DRIVER
>inb4 b-b-but muh open source drivers only

So don't use it then. I don't want proprietary shit included and neither do the devs. If proprietary software is included, then users will not know why they should avoid such hardware, and will continue to use it. Replace your broadcom card or fuck off.

>This feature shows Fedora to be a distribution with a sense of humor. It doesn't take itself too seriously. It is willing to throw aside the rancor of fedora-devel-list and recognize what is truly important: the friendly Hot Dog with its beady eyes. Just look at him. So happy.

Even windows doesn't come pre-packaged with drivers for every device.

>beta test
>best at anything

Debian just werkz
Why do you think it's the force behind 90% of distros?

then how come wifi just werks out of the box on windows 10 on my old laptop from 2008?
how come every other distro I tried works out of the box?
looks like Fedora only is the special snowflake NO PROPRIPRAONTY DRIVERS ALLOWED and doesn't works properly
why is Fedora so backwards?

I've had zero problems with Fedora, and I'm running two laptops on Fedora 27, not sure what kind of shit hardware you're using, m8. Wifi+video+sound+bluetooth it all works.

Recently I built a desktop to game on and Windows 10 had problems picking up the USB controller+video card.

"works on my machine" is not an argument

m'lady

Agreed
It's a little package bloated on a full install, but no other distro can match the setup speed.
The netinstaller is fantastic as well, and fedora is the only distro with an installer that properly sets up LUKS + dmcrypt with trim support on SSDs.

>2008 broadcom chip
There's no fucking way the broadcom drivers in rpmfusion don't support your old shitbox.
Hell, they support the wifi on my macbook air, so they should work on your old pos

If you donate to the creator, do you tips fedora ?

But "doesn't work on my machine" is your argument?

I'm not him, but I have a 3rd party wifi card too. Ubuntu worked but had a bug and kept dropping that I couldn't fix. Debian had no GPU drivers and I couldn't find the right ones cos the wiki was out of date. I don't think it had wifi either

Fedora?
It had wifi and GPU working straight out of the box. 0 issues at all.

>downloads 80MB manifest for each update check

Both have had stability problems in the last couple of years. Zypper is superior to dnf, but OpenSUSE has fewer of the packages I want and supplementing with unofficial repos causes me more conflicts. I started out on Red Hat (before EL or Fedora), but I plan on leaving the RPM continent soon for the archipelago of DEB. Debian Stable and Ubuntu LTS are better desktops with less maintenance required, and, for better or for worse, Ubuntu LTS is what the majority of clients wants on their servers. You don't have to use the default DE of either. Debian's patches used to be an issue because their customization is pretty hit or miss, but it doesn't matter now. When you need it, you can deploy the latest vanilla version of whatever packaged by the developers themselves with Docker.

>how come every other distro I tried works out of the box?
yeah okay debian works out of the box

fedora helps me get my rocks off

Isn't that red hat / nsa / cia nigger trash?

>Also eat meat, and only meat

Redpill on meat?

yes it has

what the hell is this stability shit? when i had ubuntu, every single time i ran upgrade, the system broke.

with "unstable" systems such as arch and fedora my system has never broken during like 3 yeat period.

stability matters only in server env

I'm big on Fedora, but that has confused me in the past - why the hell is it so large?

i dislike aur. packets are very often broken and you end up compiling stuff, which renders aur useless.

>Redpill on meat?

iz yummy, also u can't grow muscles and alphaness on avocado + etoilebucks coffee only

Also, you have teeth for tearing meat, use 'em

OP's fedora is the only acceptable fedora you normihipsterfruity cucks

bu-but le reddit hat maym

what about arch linux tho

>Arch Linux
>enable all testing repos

bleeding edge 101%

>what about arch linux tho

>sudo dnf update

doesn't brake sheeee

everytime

has never broked fpr me. debian based distros are always broken.

>what the hell is this stability shit? when i had ubuntu, every single time i ran upgrade, the system broke.
In what way?

>stability matters only in server env

In what world?

yes, so is white hat and almost all distros, i want korora for amd but that doesnt work, i did have ubuntu on usb but after i got a scare of someones laptop bricking on here i stopped using it.

That's a bit silly.

just official distro, werks

Yes.