Hi Sup Forums, let's talk in this thread about things you bought but you never used

Hi Sup Forums, let's talk in this thread about things you bought but you never used

That piece of shit. I bought it as a media center thingie because it had composite video out. Turns out it has a shitload of USB issues and can't even drive a fucking USB DAC without stuttering all over the place. Best part is all the USB stuff in the SoC is proprietary, so the issue won't probably be fixed ever.

Fucking garbage, too weak for anything proper, too power hungry for small things. Get a normal pi or arduino.

Bought rpi zero w,not the fastest machine to run ps1 roms tho.Got a rpi3 (plus an arduino leonardo micro cause why not) and im fine.But desu whats the best use for rpi zero?

wifi CCTV camera, GPIO operated robot (servo, stepper or HBRIDGE driven), maybe an FM transmitter, you could also use it to record rolling codes from keyfobs with an SDR or 433/315mhz modules.

It really shows the lack of creativity in today's 'single purpose' market.

Damned kids.

I plan on using a pi zero to run a mini data collector for a model rocket.
Like speed, altitude, temp ex.

Am I fucking up if I chose a raspberry pi?

An FM transmitter sounds interesting.Might be the next project.

Pi can't do timings right, so as long as you aren't using ping sensors you should be fine. Any sensor that needs timed will not work.

I bought one just because I got a back in stock email. Most I ever used it for was adding a composite cable for soldering practice when I first got my iron. I've been meaning to get a 90ยบ GPIO header

I once had starting working on a grow box project and I bought a Pi0 so that I could run a database and a small server.
I never actually finished the project but for 5$ of tech I'm not complaining. I'm sure I'll find some other uses to it.

I use it as a Thermometer.

it's not safe to go in raw

>going in anything

you use linux, don't you?

>orangepi i96
I was gonna make a superpowered dualshock 4 dongle that lies it's ass off and acts like a keyboard, a 360 controller and a ds4 controller at the same time.
Then I found out the bluetooth drivers are buried in the android source and that it only has 4 in and 4 out endpoints which means I can't use 3 hid and a cdc-acm function at the same time.

I got arch on there and it runs way faster than raspbian

i bought $20 worth of electronics from radioshack last night while drunk. i tried to contact them today but i dont think they let you cancel an order.

>tfw throwing away expired condoms

just use an arduino nano

You should use an arduino for that.

>fell for the smart watch meme
>a few months ago charger overheated watch, screen connector inside got loose, can't see shit.
Pebble Steel v1

note the iFag filename. His boyfriend should buy his own damn condoms.

Happy new year

>boyfriend
>sex with anything
You missed the point of the post entirely? Typical assmad apple hateboys.

just use a Teensy my guy

>record rolling codes from keyfobs with an SDR or 433/315mhz modules.
I've always wanted to do something like this, would an RTL-SDR suffice?

I'm considering using my Zero W for OctoPi, haven't gotten around to doing that quite yet.

I've had a couple pi zeros I put one into a gameboy colour shell with a screen for a retorpie gameboy since I didn't have a colour when I was a kid but wanted to play firered on a real handheld and the colour is the nicest looking gameboy Imo. Gonna use my other one with my printer for network printing. They're are good asking as you have something to use it for

This but with a first-gen raspi

Also PUBG, friend convinced me to buy it full-price. The most money I've spent on a game in years and I played it like three times total

I'll agree with the rest of the people. Unless you're using a program already written in like Python, use an arduino

>he didn't make back his money selling the loot crates you get for just playing the game