What's your TV Setup like?

What's your TV Setup like?

Nothing fancy

>muhh braindead consumerism

Fuck the tv.

Those thinkpads fit so perfectly onto those shelves, so soothing to look at.

wall mounted with a computer display under it

>post a pic of your living room on an anime board
>mfw

Im not posting a pic, but basically just have a 47" LED tv sitting on my dresser in my room. I end up watching way more tv on my laptop, now that streaming live shit is so easy these days

The TV sucks, but the audio is nice.

>inb4 hurr durr cables
Yeah, the cables are the thing i look at when watching TV.

What are you watching user?

sonyboys need to leave

Typed from your cum stained Dell XPS running DeepinOS while wearing some tight knee high socks while wearing a nice skirt.

My Dell U2515H if I want to watch something on a bigger screen. My Surface Book Pixelsense Display if I want to get comfy in bed.

I usually stream BluRay rips from Plex.

rewatching Re:Zero

I really wanted a Panasonic plasma but they stopped making them before I could get one.

should have just got an F8500 instead if you wanted plasma. they were still in production around 3-4 years ago.

100% this
>2018
>Watching fat fucks pile into Best Buys while you drive to your job

Hi this is my comfy.

t. poorfags

Jelly of that Trinitron.

At least get a tray or something to put your cup on.

Game?

Yep.

>have LG 60 inch 1080p TV

>only has 2 HDMI ports

>watch netflix, hbo go, torrented movies and public access tv

I still remember the first time I saw 1080p, it was crazy. It still looks really good to me,

Why do I need 4K? Why does the fucking resolution of everything have to be constantly upgraded? Why does my phone have to be 4k?

It wasn't long ago that having a large flat screen tv was considered something only for rich people. Now it's standard issue in American households.

What's the name of the game?
Is what I was asking

the answer to all these questions is marketing.

>constantly upgraded
1080 has been the standard for like 10 fucking years, just because you are so poor it took you 8 of those to buy a cheap panel doesnt mean resolutions are constantly upgraded.

due to streaming services and the amount of real 4k rips it is worth it, and upscaling makes regular content fine compared to the SD to HD issues.

I like that a lot.

>popular because they are good
>ugh leave you mainstread faggots! reee
Hipsters.

Faggot

>WEGA flatscreen
>widescreen
>but muh Trinitron
reatard, you can pick them up for free, they are dogshit
even when you can pick up proper curved Trinitrons for free also

>Muh random ass ad hominen

what the fuck can I do for an entertainment center when I have a vintage stereo that's fucking 22 1/2" x 17" x 6" (LxWxH)?

remember to image search next time
it's digimon story: cyber sleuth

Of course I'd rather have an older Trinitron for 4:3 content, but a newer 16:9 model would be nice for modern 16:9 content.

>why not both

mad comfy

superior black colours. Nice

Have a (You)
Poorfag or not, mass consumerism is complete bullshit.
I love capitalism, but fuck the mass consumerism hoards.
Only buy shit you need and every once in a while something you want.

Stop being a faggot

1080p is 10 fucking years old. We had 1600x1200 monitors before that. Hell, professional CRT's could go up to 2048x1536. 1080p is fucking ancient in the current year.

I will never understand the people who complain about 4k TV's on Sup Forums. if you want to whine about consumerism look at the fucking 2000's, we went to 480p to 720p to 1080p in the span of like 7 years or something. TV progress is the slowest it's ever been in history, how long have we been waiting for OLED?

>TV

please respond

Mine is 18x13x5, I just keep it on top of the thing. Tv is mounted on the entertainment center in s little riser thing that it came with.

I was looking at the >Ikea BESTA stuff and I wasn't sure if I should modify the shelving to accept that half an inch, as it's 22" across each cabinet or sticking it on top. Should I just stick it on top like you said? My receiver is 55 pounds, so I might work on it to strengthen it

Bretty gud

>Yep, OLED.

wow nice neck strain
good luck ever looking down again

>not having the bottom of your TV at eye-level

You what?

My friend Anthony said it's not going to get you anywhere. You need a surrounding system and a couple of speakers along with a amp.

I'm not talking about speakers and such, I'm talking about the furniture to put it on. The stereo acts as an amp itself.

Old LG 42" CCFL full HD LCD and xiaomi tv box.

Pretty much watch only youtube and torrents.

Anthony said Wall mount the speaker and get a Media Center Cabinet at IKEA.

it should be 3/4 from the top not bottom.

I envision a future when consumer displays will take up entire walls and not have speakers or tuners or built-in apps and simply have inputs for video. All the speakers and consoles and shit will be less consipicuous.

game? looks comfy

I've gone to my local IKEA and measured what they have and while the BESTA fits the spec for 22" across, I'd need to modify it to accept that extra half an inch if I want to put it in the cabinet. Would this just be the best idea?

gay ass funkos

Anthony said yes because everyone modifies IKEA furniture.

From where can I get that wall-mounted display shelf thingy?

>2018
>Watching TV
Fuck you, dumbfuck.
Sage.

Main PC ---> HTPC (over ethernet for internet and file sharing)

The HTPC has about 4TB of media right now, I'm going to be re-doing the build soon to add another 8TB, and change out the mobo and processor from a core 2 dou to my phenom 955 that was previously in my main rig. mostly because I can't play high-bitrate h265 without getting frame drops. I also want to try out more placebo player settings.

I used to use XBMC but it turned into more of a hassle than it was worth. I changed my chair/coffee table setup so I now have a second desktop monitor close to me while I use the TV, like you would at your desk if you have multi-monitor. I also switched to a wireless mouse and mech keyboard. Now it's basically a big desktop setup though designed for lounging and media. no more remotes and I just use MPV or MPC to play stuff, though I still need to figure out a too for managing/cataloging my media. having two monitors for your TV setup also lets you do things like browse while you watch something, have multiple videos open, display chat for twitch in a seperate monitor etc. so your TV can always have full video displayed.

My TV was a 42" Panasonic Plasma. Recently upgraded to a 50" Pioneer Kuro. It looks fucking amazing. I think it looks better than OLED (outside of resolution). That TV has started making me want to watch movies at high bitrate, not "just OK" bitrate, which is why I spend so much on hard drives for BF. Speakers were logitech 2.1 (the old z-series though, before they went to shit, they're actually pretty good), right now I'm using Polk monitor 30s. I want something bigger and/or a sub though. Surround is meh.

no room pic cause my shitty phone is fucked.

tl;dr - pity those who watch everything on their monitors and don't know what it's like to relax in a comfy chair and eat a steak in front of a big TV.

this year I'll be trying to find room for a projector screen so I can go even BIGGER (I'm a theater fag and go to the movies at least once a week).

Basic little 32" with a chromecast hooked up to it since I stream all my content from plex or youtube. I rarely watch tv, if at all.

buy one off CL. might be hard depending on location but where I live I can buy good plasmas for $100-200 for the rest of my life.

you should look slightly up at your TV to get that pure cinema experience. looking down or even dead-on at a big display is disgusting.

You actually saved a pic of my front room?

>Why do I need 4K?
you don't. it does look very nice but the content is just not there yet. and everything that isn't 4k needs to be upscaled, and upscling makes thinks look bad. the bigger the difference, the worse it looks. 720p to 1080 isn't that bad. 480p to 4k though...
and I still have stuff that only exists in sub-720p format

very nice but your TV looks tilted. could just be the camera angle.

>mass consumerism
a good TV is something you buy and then use for many years, maybe even 10+. it's no more expensive than any other thing a Sup Forums poster would buy, like a monitor or a graphics card or a laptop, and it lasts a lot longer on average. and like thinkpads you can buy the best TV from a few years ago for cheap. TVs are probably one of the least consumerist things on this board considering we have phonefags spending $600+ every year for "slightly faster".

digimon cybersluts

kind of like this but with yamaha ns-1000 monitors.
had to tune down the base because new tv productions often use ridiculous base.

How do people watch movies so far away from their TV? Personally I try to let it cover almost my whole field of view for a more immersive experience.

This image is a joke, right?

>Personally I try to let it cover almost my whole field of view for a more immersive experience.
same. I can watch the 42" plasma I gave my parents from 6-8 feet away and enjoy it, but when I'm at home I set 5 feet or even less away from my 50" plasma. as long as you don't see obvious screen-door it's ok to sit close. also lights as dim as I can make them and still manage to eat food/reach for my beer.

no

once you go out into the real world after high school you'll appreciate things that work out of the box and don't break

I had my centre speaker sitting on the desk before I built the extension, wouldn't fit where the PS4 and Xbone are. Also now even longneck beer bottles don't get in the way when I'm watching movies while lying on the couch!

Was I ever complaining about 4k?
I didn't say anything negative about 4k.
See I
Gotcha man.
I'm just sick of seeing people who are super frivolous with their money; it's fucking annoying
>Be bored
>Buy a bunch of shit you'll never use

I mean there are people who buy new, shitty TVs every year for the sole purpose of "it's something new". these are the people who buzzword marketers love because they can sell them a buzzword a year so that the person can show said buzzword off to their friends, usually watching sports or streaming shit (aka low bitrate).

>hey man check this shit out it's _____ inches!
>it's 687hz!
>it's "LED"!
>it's four kay!
>it's you eightch dee!
>it's eitch dee arr!

*turns on 720p low bitrate sports show*

these are the kinds of people who also get into the best buy orgy on BF so they can pick their new buzzwords up for only $200-300. all while not knowing they've been buying the literal worst TVs from china every year. they don;t know or care about specs that play a much bigger role in how a display looks like black levels, contrast, pixel structure, etc. because they have never been sold those terms.

there are rich videophiles who actually know their shit and buy crazy TVs very often, but like I said they know their shit usually, it's a hobby to them and they drive tech by being first adopters and scrutinizing actually innovative products. the best part is when they change TVs they usually sell them and don't bother gouging on price. so I get their slightly used TV for like $200 when they spent $5k a few years ago. I don't have to right lardasses at wallmart and my TV looks 10x better than theirs ever will.