Has anyone tried google store financing for the pixel 2 ?

Has anyone tried google store financing for the pixel 2 ?

What's the catch? I understand you have 24 months to pay the phone off but do you have to pay interest to synchrony bank?

I feel like this could fuck up my credit or end up costing me more.

Other urls found in this thread:

support.google.com/store/answer/7166839?hl=en
bell.ca/Mobility/Products/iPhone-10?INT=MOB_mobdevpg_BTN_poplink_Mass_051016_mb_details
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Don't buy things you can't afford. Don't go in debt for anything except for a house or you're not living your life correctly.

support.google.com/store/answer/7166839?hl=en
>If you buy a phone from the Google Store, enjoy 0% APR and pay over 24 months

If you pay it off before 24 months you dont pay interest. If you aren't missing payments it will most likely only improve your credit. Taking on debt and then paying it off is the #1 quickest way to improve your credit score

that sounds awesome actually.

pls elaborate

>Im a moron

I got my phone for like $300 less by having the cost put into my monthly phone bill, with no interest for the length of the contract (2 years), that I can pay off the remaining balance to get out of whenever I want. Pretty much every ISP does this. You spend way more money buying phones outright

When and what phone?

S8 a week or so after it released, I think it was the beginning of may.

bell.ca/Mobility/Products/iPhone-10?INT=MOB_mobdevpg_BTN_poplink_Mass_051016_mb_details

This is just using an iphone as an example, carriers do this with literally every flagship here though. The phone regularly is $1350CAD, if you put $600 you can get it on a 2 year contract @$60/month. Obviously more if you add more shit, data prices are stupid here as well. But even still that's $750 left you need to pay off on the phone, which comes out to $31.25/month going to paying off the phone. Most rate plans are around $45~/month, so you end up spending more by buying it outright. I guess the other option is to just use pay as you go, but even that really starts adding up if you want data, call display, answering and a reasonable amount of calling minutes

you apply for a real credit card, but the credit card has a deal with google where the phone has 0% apr, so you don't pay interest on the phone. you can use it for a case, or other stuff, but you will then have interest on those purchases.

Contracts are rip offs. Don't buy what you cant afford user

Apply for a credit card instead. The only drawback is 15 months of no interest instead of 24 months, but you get $150 off back once you buy the phone.

I don't have any credit at all, could I still apply for this and build up my credit?

Never fall for the financing jew

What he means is that if you dont have the cash in hand to buy it you are either a poorfag trying to buy a phone that is not meant for you, or you should stop living paycheck to paycheck and save a bit of money.

D E B T
I S
D U M B

C A S H
I S
K A N G

P A I D O F F H O M E M O R T G A G E
I S T H E
S T A T U S S Y M B O L
O F
C H O I C E

It's literally $33 a month with no interest to pay the phone off, What the hell are you even talking about.

>not using interest free financing
>what is opportunity cost

>Lose job
>Get rekt in a car accident
>Still have to pay monthly payments for my 2 year old Facebook machine

>dip into proper emergency fund
>pay off debts higher than rate of returns

I can still come up with $30-50 of that happens

looks like OP doesnt have an emergency fund

touché

You're not helping

Well as said interest free loans are nice, if you do something meaningful with the money meanwhile. But you seem unlikely to do so and could benefit from learning how to manage your money.

To answer your original question I am not an amerifat so I have no clue or interest in the terms of this deal, but I would imagine that if you somehow are not able to pay it can affect your credit, and/or get charged interest for late payments, read the terms ffs.

>if you do something meaningful with the money meanwhile
What do you mean by this?

I did read the terms, I'm like %100 sure I can pay it.

Then go for it.