This is going to sound weird as fuck but hear me out

This is going to sound weird as fuck but hear me out.
Do you ever get a deep feeling of dread whenever you are installing a different OS?
Today I was installing windows 7 seeing if I wanted to go back, and the entire time I felt so fucking sad. I don't know why.
Eventually I gave up because I couldn't stand it any longer and I restored by backup of 10.

It's perfectly normal to feel sad when installing windows.

also when using windows

/thread

fpbp

Yes I feel like i'm losing out on memories.

>deep feeling of dread
Not really. I used to distro-hop a bit, but have settled down into the few distros that I know.
On Windows, I know that I can set it up completely in a couple hours, so I'm not really bothered by installing different things now and again.

no you should feel that way about win10 not win7

user, I got into windows 7, installed 7zip and added it to the environment variables.
Open up powershell and type 7z
What happens? It doesn't work. The only thing I felt at that point was wanting to kill myself.
Do it on windows 10 and it always works.
Windows 10 keeps my drivers updated so I dont have to download nVidia's bloatware.
It comes with compatibility for most hardware right out installation, meaning no CDs needed. When I got into windows 7 I was surprised I couldn't use the internet. I had to dig out a CD for it.
I'm not trying to act like Microsoft is good and windows is a good system. I hate a ton of shit about windows. But I also can recognize that certain really nice features about windows 10 makes it much better than windows 7 in many ways.
Overall it runs smoother for me. It feels more comfortable to use than 7.

When installing windows, definetly yes. When installing a linux distro, no, its excitement or something similar.
>inb4 GNU/Linux

ive used xp (or its variants) since 2001, it is like losing a babby

Did you update service pack 1 lol.
If not its vista 2.0.
You know that right? Also there is a thing called downloading a driver on another computer, using your phone to download it, using your phones WiFi hotspot, plenty other ways of getting it but yeah. 7 is shit if you don't install the necessary updates

No because I have backups of the important shit and it is a new slate to build upon. try not to install windows again though, because it is always a pain in the butt

I tried installing Arch a couple days ago.
Gave up when I got to setting up GUI.
The feeling I get when installing linux is 'oh for fucks sake'

just install a DE if you can't into it
>pacman -S mate lightdm
>systemctl enable lightdm
>???

Why did you go for an advanced distro instead of learning in your pace in the comfy ones like ubuntu,linux mint

it's called autism

only had that feeling with windows, knowing how much of a pain it is to reinstall everything

>replying to pasta

Every now and then, I get nostalgic for Windows, until a friend or family member asks me to reinstall it for them.

I tell myself it'll just take a couple of hours while I do other shit, but I keep underestimating how long it takes to apply all the updates, find all the drivers and install basic dependencies like .NET or MS Office. They usually want antivirus as well, so I have to scout for reviews again to check if there are any left that aren't ad-ridden garbage.

By the time it's done, I'm always angry and frustrated, and their system is still slow and looks like the tv screens from Idiocracy. Turns out the nostalgia was just for my childhood, not for Windows.

windows was a lot easier to stomach when you didn't know better

Strangely enough I do, not because of what OS I'm installing but when my HDD has been formatted and the only software I have available on my PC is the BIOS I feel empty, hollow from inside, like life isn't worth living anymore

i had this feeling when i was mangling the old lcd off my surface

First post best post.

only when there is the possibility of it going horribly wrong

felt like that when installing cfw to my 3ds

works fine though

>he actually let win10 interface with his brain using 802.11ax, implant false memories and erase non-compliant personality traits and memories
>he actually allows his operating system to integrate with his cerebellum

lmao noob

I literally use Windows, MacOS, Linux, iOS, and Android every single day. Get on my level

On my parent's PC. I installed XP, 7 and 8. I was already using 8.
There was nothing weird aside the modified XP installer that asked every settings at the beginning and copyed everything to HDD and was installed within 3 minutes. It was weird because my very first install of XP (long long ago, maybe when the first SP came out for XP) took around a hour (good old times, when i was child, when i had hope). So it was weird to see it get up fast. It was weird to see that the esteminated time was 10-30 minutes. It was weird to see it count down so fast even though it said minutes.
>
What was really weird was Ubuntu. Always had Windows. So ubuntu was very different. Well i got used to it within a day but my parents never did (it was a prebuild pc with preinstalled OS. (it had an Owl logo).
Well nowadays i got win10 up. For me, it works out of the box. So it's good for me.

The kid tried to look like a white kid kek

pure autism desu it's not the installing the new os that makes you sad its the feeling that you are getting rid of the old one because you became attached to it.

Nice pasta.
Had to do a clean install of W10 on my parents' laptop during christmas. Fastest reinstall ever. Couldn't believe you dont even have to install wifi drivers or reactivate the product key.
The OS is shit though