>2016
>Decide to build new desktop
>Budget of around $800
>Initial build: locked i5-6600, 8GB RAM, B150 motherboard, Sandisk ssd, 1TB WD HDD, 620W Modular seasonic PSU, Phanteks eclipse case, Red Devil 8GB RX 480
>A month later, trade the Red devil for a bricked 4GB RX480 with $200
>After that find a brand new ASUS Z170K board for $40
>Buy a Hyper 212 and flash the BIOS to unlock the BLCK adjustment
>Find a Cheap new RX480 4GB for $140
>Final specs: i5-6600 @4.5GHz, 8GB RAM, Asus Z170k, Modular Seasonic 620W PSU, Crossfire RX480s, all for $780 with new parts.
>benchmarks higher than a 4770K with a 1080, but due to no support in recent games/software for crossfire it is not very useful.

Does this shit piss you off like me? I feel like devs intentionally make their software bad to push more expensive hardware.

That's what you get for running closed source proprietary software, fa.m You get what you deserve.

FPBP

>>Budget of around $800
Why even bother with such a low budget?

AMD is the only one with fully open drivers for Linux that actually work you retard.

Even without the second 480, its still a mid range rig.

That budget is almost twice what you'll ever need. Unless you're a gaymen baby in which case is over there --->

crossfire and SLI have both died, not because devs intentionally make their games bad, but because crossfire & SLI both suck.

they have loads of issues, even in the best supported games
stuttering, frame pacing issues constantly
weird hard to diagnose graphics bugs
so no one used them
so they are dead technologies

Meanwhile my shitbrick of a FX-6300 with a single RX 480 that cost me less than 400€ total still plays new games with cranked up high settings at 1080p fine at 60 FPS solid.

Mindfuck OP.

Are you implying that you can't do both on a PC?

I thought this is a technology board.
You don't use a workstation as your main machine? How embarrassing.

Freesync solved most of those issues. The games that do work with CF play wonderfully.

I wasn't talking about the driver you double brainlet. OP was talking about benchmarks and games and devs crippling them.

You haven't actually tried SLI/CF, did you?

How is this related? He didn't mention if that software was proprietary.
Pretty retarded assumption to make just because you're butthurt at proprietary software.

>benchmarks higher than a 4770K with a 1080, but due to no support in recent games/software for crossfire it is not very useful.

Tell me how this isn't screaming proprietary software, mate. Also, look at the specs of his built and see that it's probably not for tux racer

My main machine is a data center

For most normies this is already the case.

Wew, the freetard is so delusional, he think that open source software has excellent support for hardware, when it's literary the opposite case.

This is literally perfect for 1080p gaming, my computer costs the same and I can run 90% of games on high-ultra settings 1080p

>he think that open source software has excellent support for hardware
That's a false assumption. At least with FOSS there is a possibility to fix this unlike proprietary software which serves its maker and not the user.

>when it's literary the opposite case.
That depends on the class of hardware. I cannot remember I had to sneaker net RAID or network drivers into a GNU/Linux installation. Windows however. . .