HIGH END COFFEE LAKE CANCELED

Coffee Lake-X is not happening, anyone wanting to buy a high end intel cpu is still going to have to deal with Skylake-X.

Other urls found in this thread:

fool.com/investing/2017/12/27/intel-corp-cancels-a-gaming-chip.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>No link to story
>No references
>Just a picture

This seems legit

fool.com/investing/2017/12/27/intel-corp-cancels-a-gaming-chip.aspx

>Intel core cancels a gaming chip
So what? They dominate the gaming industry, even Skylake beats the greatest ryzen when using the same ram.

OP IS A FAGGOT

Cascade Lake-X is replacing Skylake-X later this year, just shows how retarded and ignorant AYYMDPOORFAGS are

Sure thing buddy, skylake is shit

What's with intel's obsession with lakes? What's next? Cum Lake?

Cuck lake, oh wait

I'm confused why anyone would still be dumb enough to buy an X chip considering how skewed the cost to performance becomes.

you are overthink the intel fanbase. they are either dumb enough to "xyz on jewtube said it was the best one" or oem assemblers who's hand are getting greased by intel

DELID

The fastest coffee lake is already fast enough

Most of the “X” chips on AMD’s side are poor values as well, since the non-X ones perform just as well.
Enthusiast hardware as a whole is just one big cash grab, and unless you’re doing something like simulating VFX shots, where time is money, there is never a reason to by HEDT platforms unless you can pay it off after one or two jobs. Especially since even amongst pro software there isn’t much that makes use of more than 8 cores aside from rendering engines, and even those are steadily transitioning to GPU acceleration.

That was literally in the article dumb dumb. Cascade Lake-X is replacing Skylake-X, but Coffee lake-X is NOT replacing Kaby Lake-X.

PLEASE HOLD ME BROS

Incels are brain-dead life-forms.

the X equivalent on AMDs side would be threadripper

Coffee Lake-X won't exists on roadmap, my man.

>civ benchmark
Hahaha post ashes too, poozen shill

Here you go, incel

*blocks your path*

>one game
No wonder everyone says incels are brain-dead.

But oniichan

My benchmark is more legit because Intel shills are known for being deceiving scourge.

2 core K CPU?
g3258 v2?

Oniichan....

How long till the 9th gen?

Do they finally plan to add support for usb c and thunderbolt integrated into motherboards?

Some 8th gen mobos have 1 usb c on the back...

>720p
every time

Onii

Not a big deal.
IPC, skylake= kaby lake= coffee lake

Coffee Lake's "official launch" (not the rushed paper launch they did last fall) is sometime this quarter, probably in a few weeks. Icelake is scheduled for this year but I think it will be delayed because of all the 10nm issues Intel has.

Ive had my 8400 for months now :)

The 7740X and 7640X MIGHT have had some value if they were soldered. You could buy a 7700K but it would overclock a bit better and wouldn't burn down your house.But Intel fucked everything up by not soldering any of their CPU's, even the higher core count ones.

Motherboards with full usb c are expensive and I'd like one on a thin itx mobo and thunderbolt is even harder to find.

I don't mind the wait, if they'll be an improvement over the 8th gen in anyway.

First the 30% performance drop due to hardware bug, now this?

REMINDER THAT APPLE IS GOING TO MAKE MACS WITH THEIR ULTRA POWERFUL A11 CHIPS. SCREENSHOT THIS. APPLE IS GOING TO THE MOON

BASED APPLE
A
S
E
D

A
P
P
L
E

>gookbench
What's next, pissmark?

>APPLE IS GOING TO THE MOON
>2018
>still no system running mac os in space
As always applel is lagging behind, no wonder they're not relevant anymore.

>worse than a ryzen 7 in multithreading
yea its shit

Single core > multicore, ipclet

These intel shills seem very asshurt about their hardware bug, cant wait to see cuck lake get btfo by shitty bulldozer in gaymen

Enjoy your stutters.

I seriously hope you didnt get memed in to buying ryzen for games

ryzen is alright for games, stop spreading FUD.

I mean its overpriced for what you get but sure if you hate jews so much you buy the inferior product

Can you fucking go back to you retarded autistic gay bastards

ONE NOTHING WRONG WITH ME

TWO NOTHING WRONG WITH ME

Frametime analysis is anti-semitic.

THREE NOTHING WRONG WITH ME

FOUR NOTHING WRONG WITH ME

ONE SOMETHINGS GOT TO GIVE

TWO SOMETHINGS GOT TO GIVE

THREE SOMETHINGS GOT TO GIVE NOWWWWWWWW

You ryzen shills sure love civ and ashes

>Difference in unnoticeable at 60Hz, and even 100Hz in most games
>difference is usually unnoticeable at anything less that a 1080Ti
>difference is unnoticeable at 1440p or 4k
>runs much cooler
>better frametimes and stability
How exactly is Ryzen "overpriced?"

IT DOESN'T COUNT REEEEEE

It gets lower fps in every game except civ6 and ashes

I see you've learned a thing from the Apple shill team.

and grw and r6:s

The 8700K is currently $379.99 on Amazon, meanwhile the 1600 is $199.99 and the 1600X is $229.99. The 8400 is $278.73. AMD is drastically cheaper, and unless you're playing on a 1080p/240Hz monitor there's no difference between them at all.

I bought ryzen 7 day one as I want competition again.
Intel releasing """upgrade""" every year with a new socket for 2-3% improvement is not something right, they can go fuck themselves.
Ryzen mark the return of amd, even if ryzen is still behind, the gap is closer and intel actually has to innovate.

I paid 189 for my 8400, shits on the 1600x

>I paid 189 for my 8400, shits on the 1600x

??

What is gtw and r6?

ghost recon wildlands and rainbow 6 seige, and anything else on the anvil engine

>you are overthink the intel fanbase. they are either dumb enough to "xyz on jewtube said it was the best one" or oem assemblers who's hand are getting greased by intel
90% of Intel gamers and Sup Forums's Intel fan base watch Linus tech tips so this comes as no surprise

Civ6 lol. Every time

>this benchmark confirms my bias, therefore its better
>intel prespective

They only games ryzen has higher fps are turn based strategy games where fps doesnt matter. Cool. Meanwhile cs go and pubg run much after on intel, when you need high frames

Yeah, just wait until the patch for the Intel bug is being forced through your Windows 10 muh gaymen setup, You will be lucky to reach Bulldozer performance faggot

I have a Ryzen at 4GHz and I easily get 144fps minimum, average is about 200-240fps. Are you a professional CS:GO player? if not Ryzen works flawlessly.

>i dont need more fps
>t. framelet

>Normal IQ

>tfw it-6400 @ 4.4 Ghz
>roughly between 126 and 134
>~130

Fairly accurate.

>muh frames i cant even see

I'm asking whether paying $100 more is worth more frames when we're talking about 144Hz+. Diminishing returns are sharply setting in at that point. 60fps has a frametime of 16.67ms, 144fps is 6.94ms, and 240fps is 4.16ms. And if you game at 1440p/144Hz like me you're GPU-bottlenecked in every game except CS:GO since the game is so old.

>amd shills defending low fps
Why am i not surprised

>100 more
8400 master race is cheaper than poozen5

I'm still waiting on Ryzen+ myself.

If it's a solid pop over Ryzen and the price is right I'll probably go AMD at least as far as CPU goes for a new PC.

1/2

2/2

> $270 < $200
not to mention the costs of mobos on the intel side

>Implying i paid a cent over msrp

>he bought a housefire

Do you not understand how framerates and frametimes work? "X fps more" is a meaningless phrase because framerates aren't on a linear scale. The only way to compare performance is to compare the frametimes. The difference between 144fps and 240fps is 2.5ms. Meanwhile the difference between 60fps and 144fps is 9.7ms. It should be obvious that you're paying a significant amount more for sharply diminishing returns on performance.
>8400 master race is cheaper than poozen5
It's not, the 8400 is $50 more and you get half the thread count.

>reasoning with pajeet intel shills
why?

haha intel totally btfo guys. this will be the year of the amd desktop

pottery
enjoy losing 30% performance due to hardware bugs

>locked i5 is a house fire
Dumbshill
Cool rant, had nothing to do with my post so i didnt read it

>amd will be better just wait
HAHAHAHAHAHAH *inhails* BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DELID THIS

A locked i5 consumes 30% more power than a R5 1600x overclocked to 4ghz

Why do so many benchmarks include 8400 but so few include 8600k?

>WAIT
isnt that what intel fags are still doing?

because the 8600k is shittier than the already shit 8400

>phoneshittter
>buying intel
>poodroid
checks out

8400 is GOAT and its not worth 80 extra dollars to overclock

>i5 8400 OC
what is this black magic?