Why does Sup Forums hate RGB lighting again?

Why does Sup Forums hate RGB lighting again?

Costs $$ without offering any real benefit besides aesthetic, and even that's debatable.

It looks tacky as fuck.
Then only acceptable LED is white.

i don't know about other anons, but it is quite obnoxious and i just dont like flaahing lights.

/thread

its ugly. I wouldn't much care if component-makers (especially motherboard makers) sold versions of their product without the LEDs, that stupid "thermal armor" shit, just plain boards with plain heatsinks and no bling, like how server boards look. Preferably at a discount reflecting the lower parts cost.

I like having rgb but hate edgy looking hardware itself. It gives you a way to change the colours of your setup without having to stick to a certain theme.

It doesn't contribute to the performance or features of the PC.
Can't even see it unless you hacksaw a hole in your case.
Anyone will think your a faggot.

>Then only acceptable LED is white.

No, it's red for indication only.

>Why does Sup Forums hate RGB lighting again?
Because reddit likes it. That's literally why .

I hate light pollution in my room.
I went and clipped off every LED that was on the fans and glowing in the case so I could sleep with my PC on

Thanks to fractal design there still are great cases without ugly windows and glass meme and shit on the market

>Thanks to Lian Li
ftfy

it just seems pointless

Because most of us see a computer as a tool and not some bling bling fashion object to show off on /r/battlestations.
There is nothing in pumping your pc so it looks cool but Sup Forums seems to not be the place to talk about this.

nothing wrong*

motherboard vrm heatsink now just piece of block, no more fin cuz need to put rgb shit

>hacksaw a hole in your case
All modern cases come with a window. Or if not all 98% of them

Source: your ass

You only think that because you selected "I'm a manchild" from the product filter.

>It looks tacky as fuck.
Precisely this.

Just look at the cheese grater Mac Pro and G5, they still look good today because of how simple they are. PCs with RGB and windowed side panels will just look like old peices of shit in 5 years time, whereas my PC with a Corsair 400Q will still look neat.

>without offering any real benefit
Huh?

Its for kids

The trend reminds me of people who watched early Fast & Furious and kids who played NFS Underground. This fad will be gone soon

>I need my room to look like a 1990s rave party so i can never sleep

>will spend thousands of dollars on components so games look nice
>wont spend $40 on leds so his computer will look nice

Is that your PC OP?

I look at my screen not at my case.

I'm buying a full rgb desktop.

Including a water cooler rgb and even a rgb pedestal for my headphone, both by corsair.

>computer in your bedroom

Spotted the basement dweller

It's probably because it's popular with normies and Sup Forums wants to be different and hate on them, as soon as the fade passes they will be all over it, i hope it doesn't because i honestly love RGB , they wanna be productive , when all they do is screw with their distro all day in their moms basement, the actual employed atleast keep their opinions to themselves and don't screech about it

autism
It's tacky and expensive, it's perfectly sensible to dislike it
Ironically you're being extremely contrarian, whining about how Sup Forums 'dislikes it wrong'

>keep their opinions to themselves
you realize you're on a fucking imageboard, right? Literally the reason forums exist is to share opinions

they put on even more leds on modern mobos because of that

>caring if his computer looks nice

lian li doesn't make nice cases anymore

You're full of shit

yeah i do what are you going to do about it soyboy

it's a dumb gimmick many idiots actually pay for. ""Gamers"" see their pc as a toy, and toys are made to look flashy and attract attention.

>spending money for the sake of spending money
>thinking they're clever

>waaaah stop enjoying things

sup reddit